Why Donald Trump became president and not Hillary Clinton

? He became president because so many foolish people would vote for him just before they tallied up the votes... Still doesn't explain all the protests.... What's your thought?

Trump became president because of the out dated electoral college. He didn't even win the popular vote. I think if more people actually got out and voted he wouldn't have won either the electoral college or popular vote.

And there's the possibility of Russian interference. I personally believe the protests are completely necessary. This man is a joke, his entire cabinet is a joke. And I can't stand people who say "he's your president now! get over it!" and call people who protest cry babies because they didn't get their way. There's a big difference between "getting your way" and having someone appointed POTUS who can and will affect their lives, and at this point, it's not looking like it's going to be for the better. And how they say it's "unpatriotic" to protest. That's bullshit. Protesting a fucked up government to better your country is the most patriotic thing you can do. Our country isn't our government, our country is our people.?

i'm born and raised in the country so probably a different view than a lot of people here:

1. i don't understand how the russians even remotely COULD have interfered, when i voted (yaa for me) ?it was an old school house a paper ballot that went into a machine, no internet to be hacked

2. the more i read into the electoral college the more i agree that it is the correct system for our country. ?our country is too vast to just go on 100% popular vote. ? if you look at a state like mine (NY) the citizens that live in a few very small pockets (land mass) get to control the WHOLE state, so i'm personally glad that the country can't fall into the same trap?

3. i think trump got elected becasue a lot of people voted AGAINST hillary (not the right reason to vote for him) and because he isn't a career politician so people said "hey lets see what happens, we need a business man/woman to make some changes"

all in all, I don't think trump will affect our daily lives that much, the bigger threat to our daily life is the school board, county, and state legislators as well as state governor

because Hillary called half the country deplorables.

the last healthcare affected a lot of people in a negative way, yes on paper more people had insurance but those that already had insurance ended up doubling or trippling their premiums so I would rather have a choice to have or not have and pay less fully understanding that some of the uninsured will get treatment on the government's dime but thsoe that want it can actually afford it

as far as the EPA, i spend a lot of time outdoors and have very little time for the EPA. ? the state agencies do a decent job but a local guy got into a bunch of trouble with the EPA for nothing. ? Neighbor accused him of polluting their well, the state agencies tried multiple different times/ways to get dies from potential pollution sources into the neighbor's well, but no dies ever came through (which means no other pollutants came through) but the neighbors wern't happy so they went to the EPA. ?Instead of EPA running the same tests and saying no way ?your well is being polluted by any of these sources, the EPA just said "well even though the dies don't come through it must be from there so we will fine the guy and make him drill you a new well" ? ?talk about being charged for doing NOTHING wrong with NO proof and NO logic from the EPA ? (oh and there was one well between the sources of "pollution" and the neighbor that was complaining and that well tested 100% good every time? ? yup how is two wells over getting it and not the one righ next door)

i'm much more a small government type of person where if the state/county makes a bad decision it can be overturned with some work, if the US govt makes a bad decision it's years to undo it

brandneweyes00​:
because Hillary called half the country deplorables.

Personally.... All the people I've met who voted for Trump are deplorables.... Like this one kid at my school, Corey H. voted for Trump and ever since he won, he'd put on Donald Trump t-shirts to mock me, not to mention he always talks about Trump like he's a good person.... He's not. The only thing he did that was good was sign some papers allowing women to be in different STEM careers.... Honestly, I don't think it was his idea - rather one of his kids ideas....

I understand how being fined without proof of pollution sucks, however, I don't find how that's enough of an arguement to completely freeze funding to them. The EPA is the reason we have regulations, and why our country's environment isn't 100xs worse. If people are going to freak out over GMOs, why not freak out over whether or not we're breathing in toxins. Some of the effects pollution has on our health and our environment are irriversible, so why chance it? Freezing the funding also has a lot of people out of their jobs, so theres that, too.

Trump's replacement for Obamacare is basically just Obamacare, but worse. Obamacare isn't perfect, it looks better on paper than it does actually applied, but Romney was essentially using it in Massachusetts before Obama made it nationwide, and it seemed to be working pretty well there. Granted, what works in one state isn't necessarily going to work nationwide, like I said, it wasn't perfect, but Trumpcare is much worse. It basically provides more taxcuts on the rich while giving the rest of us less coverage. It also proposes to defund PP, which you might not support PP, but that's what many people who are at or below the poverty line use as their healthcare provider when they can't afford another.That's not just for birth control and abortions, they provide breast and other types of cancer screenings, STD and STI testing, etc.His plans also propose to make cuts on funding to medicare. Many of our elderly are already barely scraping by on what they draw a month. Are they supposed to get a job and work to be able to afford medication, food, and housing? It's only going to hurt those who are chronically/terminally ill even more. So instead of trying to make tweaks to Obamacare to make it better, why completely gut it and give us this??

Also this talk about pitching the entire department of education. The bills that have been proposed while the media has been caught up in Kellyanne Conway's spy microwave bullshit are threatening the jobs of special needs teachers and funding to public schools in general. Those vouchers they're talking about giving to students so that they can go to a private school are only going to cover for so much. They only include the cost of getting a child in the school, but not the rest of the expenses that come with private schools such as uniforms or transportation. Not every private school provides bus transportation, and where I'm from, there were a lot of parents who don't even own a car to take their children to school. They relied on those buses to get their children to school. And then there are parents who are already gone to work in the only car they have by the time the child needs to be in school. There are families who have to decide if they're going to use the $20 they have in their hand for to get their child a new pair of shoes because the ones they have are falling off their feet, a new car part because their car is breaking down, or food. In a perfect world, everyone can afford those extra expenses that it would take to send your child to private school, but in a real world, there are families who are barely making ends meet. They're also propsing to either cut completely, or significantly reduce free school lunches. There are politicians (Jack Kingston) who think it would be a good idea for children to sweep or clean the floors for their lunch, because "there is no such thing as a free lunch". It is not the fault of a child that they can't afford their lunch. Hell, might not even be their parents' fault, either. They may be down on their luck and just can't afford to pay for it and need to use free and reduced lunches so their child will have something to eat at school.?Betsy Devos actualy believes teachers are being?paid too much. If anything, they're not being paid enough! And when left in the state/county's hands, they're not guartanteed to be making as much as they need or have been making if the state/county budget can't cut it.

So while it may not be effecting you personally on a daily level, it's effecting someone else.

?

Personally.... All the people I've met who voted for Trump are deplorables.... Like this one kid at my school, Corey H. voted for Trump and ever since he won, he'd put on Donald Trump t-shirts to mock me, not to mention he always talks about Trump like he's a good person.... He's not. The only thing he did that was good was sign some papers allowing women to be in different STEM careers.... Honestly, I don't think it was his idea - rather one of his kids ideas..

My parents both voted for Trump.? They are not deplorables.? They are well educated and successful.? I'm sorry your world is limited to such a tiny bubble that you think all Trump voters are as you say.
And those papers he signed didn't ALLOW women to do anything.? Women can go into STEM careers any time they want to, if they have the drive and ambition to do so, nobody is stopping them.? Those orders he signed were just to provide additional funding and programs for schools and businesses to try and recruit more women into those careers.

see i look at obamacare and say they were trying a similar thing here in NY and it wasn't working: ?it was 1 price health insurance per policy didn't matter if you smoked, drank, had a heart attack ect... if you wanted policy X you paid XYZ ? ?it was too expensive so many people went without insurance or some churches made deals with their local hospitals that the hospital would give the church a reduced rate and the church would cover the expenses (obviously church members only went for emergencies and saved for planned procedures and didn't go for the "sniffles") ?

i just wish insurance was back to a better option system of you are rewarded for taking care of yourself, you can choose your level of coverage, ect...

My parents both voted for Trump.? They are not deplorables.? They are well educated and successful.? I'm sorry your world is limited to such a tiny bubble that you think all Trump voters are as you say.
And those papers he signed didn't ALLOW women to do anything.? Women can go into STEM careers any time they want to, if they have the drive and ambition to do so, nobody is stopping them.? Those orders he signed were just to provide additional funding and programs for schools and businesses to try and recruit more women into those careers.
?

I actually meant the people I'VE ever met.... I'm sure your parents are lovely people, despite poor choosing in the president....

I actually meant the people I'VE ever met.... I'm sure your parents are lovely people, despite poor choosing in the president....

a poor choice...according ot who?? I'm sure they know more than you do.? Maybe they are the smart ones.

As much as I don't like Trump, I never think "gee I wish Hillary was president," she was also awful in a different way. I think if either side had a decent, normal candidate that person would have won. I didn't vote for him but I also don't like to be mad all the time for weeks and months on end and people who are, are not really persuading me or getting me motivated, honestly I'm tired of hearing about it both in person and on TV. If I could push a button and never even hear his name or anything about politics at all, I would push it. I am not saying it isn't important, I just don't really know the details of most policies all I hear is people being mad and yelling 24/7.

Ya know, contrary to popular belief, Lisa Loud would have actually voted for Hillary... And, I know I wanted to, as well, but both me & Lisa were too young to vote in the election...

Reply to Thread