Animal rights

I'm extremely passionate about this topic and i really want to know everyone's views on the topic

Given the number of HUMANS that still don't have protected rights, animal rights aren't even on my radar.

I am all for humane treatment of animals. I am not sure what you mean by animal "rights."

As in do you support veganism or animal tourism things or animal testng ect

Animal testing repulses me. I avoid animal-tested products like the plague. I make sure all my shampoos and soaps and washing chemicals have had nothing to do with animal testing. I also do small things for animal rights like refuse to touch eggs or chicken meat that isn't free range, donating to charities that promote humane handling of animals. I do volunteer work at an animal shelter, enjoy spending time with animals. In fact, I connect with animals more easily than I could ever connect with people, and on a deeper level. I think animals much more than I like humanity.

Still, I don't support things like veganism or anything that specifically goes against slaughter of livestock. I'm not happy that we need to kill cows to keep up our protein and iron, but people shouldn't abstain completely from animal products. I don't think it's healthy to go vegan. So long as livestock are killed humanely, I don't mind the distribution of animal meat either. I don't eat lamb, though. I will eat mutton sometimes, but not lamb. I don't like how they don't allow lambs any time to live before they are slaughtered. That doesn't strike me as humane.

I have been a vegetarian for 12 years and feel very passionately about the treatment of animals. 

Animal rights for me :

1.) Don't eat a large amount of animals / eat in normal amount, so they will still be exist in the future
2.) Try to avoid eating weird animals ( such as : snakes, sharks, dogs, cats, monkeys, and others )
3.) Feed every animal that is in hungry and near with us
4.) Don't get rid of them if they come to us to ask some food or shelter
5.) Don't take animals' body parts  ( such as from : elephants, sharks, tigers, penguins, and others ) alive

I am all for treating animals well but I will not give up eating meat.

foxcrafting:Animal testing repulses me. I avoid animal-tested products like the plague. I make sure all my shampoos and soaps and washing chemicals have had nothing to do with animal testing. I also do small things for animal rights like refuse to touch eggs or chicken meat that isn't free range, donating to charities that promote humane handling of animals. I do volunteer work at an animal shelter, enjoy spending time with animals. In fact, I connect with animals more easily than I could ever connect with people, and on a deeper level. I think animals much more than I like humanity.Still, I don't support things like veganism or anything that specifically goes against slaughter of livestock. I'm not happy that we need to kill cows to keep up our protein and iron, but people shouldn't abstain completely from animal products. I don't think it's healthy to go vegan. So long as livestock are killed humanely, I don't mind the distribution of animal meat either. I don't eat lamb, though. I will eat mutton sometimes, but not lamb. I don't like how they don't allow lambs any time to live before they are slaughtered. That doesn't strike me as humane. 

If you consider it inhumane to slaughter lambs at a young age, how can you support dairy? Cows, like all mammals, have to be pregnant to lactate, so in order for them to keep producing milk, they need to be kept pregnant (using a device called a "rape rack") and their male babies are confined in veal crates and fed synthetic milk for the length of their short lives (usually around 2 weeks). Being kept in the dark and restrained by the neck at all times is what makes the flesh pale and tender, which is why it's so highly prized as a "gourmet" protein. Mother cows also grieve when their babies are taken from them, and have been known to cry for days or weeks.

Furthermore, what is a "humane" way to kill?

Of which I am well aware. I dislike a lot of the processing involved in the production of meat and dairy, but I honestly don't think that there's much that can be done about it. Farming is an industry; it's how some people get money and others get food. I get past the thought of the process when it comes to things that are essential for human survival. Dairy production is an important industry. I don't have to like their methods to admit that the produce matters. If there were a more humane way to produce dairy, I would be all for it. I'd rather drink the milk of supposedly raped cows than boycott dairy altogether. I choose to boycott lamb because there are alternatives. Dairy is dairy and it's obligatory, that's all there is to it.

However, you raise a fair point. The whole process is unpleasant and that's not a bad thing to look into. As for humane slaughter, I mean that it ought to be quick and as painless as possible. I've heard nightmarish tales about chickens being ground alive and animals being basically tortured to death. Lobsters being boiled alive...that's pretty bad too.

Ughhh the animals should be protected more honestly!! Come on do you the punishment they for the people that do dog fighting or illegal pupply mill isnt enough on how much they make the poor animal go through!! Like they dont think about the animals health man some does people kill the animals they're heartless enough and still put low punishment for them!! Only few years in jail how is that fair!! 

foxcrafting:Of which I am well aware. I dislike a lot of the processing involved in the production of meat and dairy, but I honestly don't think that there's much that can be done about it. Farming is an industry; it's how some people get money and others get food. I get past the thought of the process when it comes to things that are essential for human survival. Dairy production is an important industry. I don't have to like their methods to admit that the produce matters. If there were a more humane way to produce dairy, I would be all for it. I'd rather drink the milk of supposedly raped cows than boycott dairy altogether. I choose to boycott lamb because there are alternatives. Dairy is dairy and it's obligatory, that's all there is to it.However, you raise a fair point. The whole process is unpleasant and that's not a bad thing to look into. As for humane slaughter, I mean that it ought to be quick and as painless as possible. I've heard nightmarish tales about chickens being ground alive and animals being basically tortured to death. Lobsters being boiled alive...that's pretty bad too. 

Dairy isn't obligatory, and humans are actually healthier without it. Why would it be necessary for one species to drink the milk of another? Milk is produced by a mother for her offspring and there's no reason to consume your mother's milk after infancy.

as a vegan, i am in full support of animal rights, however i do feel that some animal rights activists have been very offensive (comparing meat to slavery or pedophilia, etc.) i love animals and want to live a life that causes them as little harm as possible, but to compare animal rights to human rights is ridiculous. basically, i think people should educate themselves about the horrors of the meat, dairy, and egg industries, as well as about animal testing, and puppy mills, and other industries involving animals. i would love it if everyone was vegan, but i do not think that being a bully to meat eaters is actually helping the animals at all.

I'm im a class atm were all we learn about is animals rights and animal welfare and humans need to disappear is they keep hurting the animals I think?

I recently read a study that examined the issue of men and boys using animals for sexual activity. Many men and boys were injured, some permanently as a result of trying to use animals for sex. In some cases they even had their dicks bitten/eaten off. And then the animal gets put down!
I am not a vegan, vegetarian, or animal rights nut, but I do believe there are wrong ways to treat animals, and I think using them for sexual purposes is wrong.
What do you think?

I also have no sympathy for these men and boys, even the ones who had their wieners eaten by the animals they were assaulting. Putting your wiener into the mouth of an animal is not only incredibly perverted, but also incredibly stupid.

Am I the only one who feels this way?

I think our purpose on Earth (I'm not religious btw, so this is just philosophy here) is to enjoy life and, if we can, help others do the same. We can have any kind of impact we choose to, so if I can live without hurting anything -- aka, creating a negative impact -- then I will do that. And if I can help something, like rescuing a kitten or feeding starving kids -- creating a POSITIVE impact -- then I will do that. Seeing as both of those things are possible for me, I'm totally for animal rights and human rights and all that good stuff:3

Using animals for sex isn't right, because they can't really decide for or against it. Same goes for sex between people, evereybody concerned should want to do that. But there aren't just males, there are also females using animals for that.

I'm also vegetarian, almost vegan, because I don't want to support the meat industry. Somebody said, we can't do anything against that. That is wrong, we are the ones who buy products, we can decide which to buy and which not. Meat is not necessary anymore, everything we need we can get out of plants (except for maybe vitamin B12). I understand, if you don't want to refrain from meat, but if you don't agree with animal treating in farming, then you shouldn't eat meat. There are lesse then 5% of animals which will live a "humane" life before being slaughtered. And being slaughtered "humane" goes for even less.
The one thing to realize is: this is a bloody, unfair business and the animals are the damn losers.

As long as we treat animals in this barbaric way, we won't be nicer to each other as the whole mankind (and vice versa).

@Kusel Oh for sure there are females who engage in sexual acts with animals, and while the number of females who do is about half the number of males who do, it is no less inappropriate and wrong in my opinion.

Where it becomes worse for males in my opinion is that depending on the animal being assaulted, the animal may be injured as a result of the male penetrating it. In one of the cases I read, a man who lost his penis as a result of being bitten by a dog he was assaulting, admitted that he had caused the death of three puppies over the years as a result of forcing his penis into their anus or vagina. A female is far less likely to cause injury or death to an animal. It has nothing to do with intent and everything to do with anatomy.

Reply to Thread