Do any of you guys know some books I can read?

I'm all out of idea's, girls.
I read a lot, and I've read all the books that I find interesting in this house (and my house could litteraly be mistaken for a library). I'm really into the mystery/thriller genre, preferably with some romance mixed in. I also like supernatural romance, as a good second... or books in which teenagers have problems with drugs, or emotional and/or psychological (is that the word?) problems. I do need the reading to be young-adult-ish, so not Lord of the Rings style difficult (though I am down for some High fantasy as well, just not when the reading is too hard). I don't mind it if the storyline is somewhat difficult (I don't really like predictable chick-flick novels), I can keep up with that, but I do need to be able to understand the words that are used.
So, anybody know any books?

Laurell K Hamilton writes the Anita Blake series which is about a woman who can raise the dead and is also a vampire hunter. It is a phenomenal series that she has been writing since the 90's. It's graphic, there is quite a bit of gore, especially as the series progresses and she starts working with the police at murder scenes. There is a lot of sex as well, it's a pretty adult oriented series. But they are amazing and there are a ton of books in the series so it will keep you busy for a while. She also writes the "Merry Gentry" series which is more about fairies, I've just started this one and it's okay but in my opinion not as good as Anita Blake.
the sookie stackhouse series is also a good one, they based the HBO series "True Blood" on these books but the books are so much better. Also a lot of adult content in this series.

you should read the poseidon legacy series by anna banks is about half mermaid and half human but she doesnt know it, and falling in love with a merman, with so many more action, Gallagher girls series by ally carter is about a cia girl in training with her friends and also finding love, Dark days series by jocelynn drake is about a vampire girl fighting the evil but as well falling in love with a vampire slayer, the surgeon by tess gerristen is about 2 serial killers, telling how they killed the victims and mystery because you dont know who's the serial killer actually is, heart of glass by sasha gould is about a girl trying to figure out who killed her sister to save the guy she loves, unraveling by Elizabeth Norris is about a teenage girl trying to stop a countdown, to save the guy she loves, but as well investiaging through her dead father FBI files

I'm reading Horns right now and it's pretty interesting. It's the story of Ig Perrish, who-in the aftermath of his girlfriend Merrin Williams' mysterious rape and murder-awakes one morning to find horns growing from his head and diabolical powers at his command. It's a triller/fantasy/horror/mystery all rolled into one. Once you finish the book you can check out the movie on Netflix. Daniel Radcliffe plays Ig.

If you're interested in which teenagers have problems with drugs, and other difficulties.. check out Ellen Hopkins' books! They're amazing. I can never stop reading once I start. They all have awesome stories, and most of them have a twist ending.

It's not the genre you mentioned but it the most powerful sad but amazing book I have ever read.

"A Time For Dancing". By Davida Willis Hurwin.

It is a very fast read, I couldn't put it down and I couldn't forget the characters.  

They also made a very badly done movie that didn't hardly follow the book at all.

There was also a sequel book that was okay but nothing like the original.  

redvelvetcakes:It's not the genre you mentioned but it the most powerful sad but amazing book I have ever read."A Time For Dancing". By Davida Willis Hurwin.It is a very fast read, I couldn't put it down and I couldn't forget the characters.  They also made a very badly done movie that didn't hardly follow the book at all.There was also a sequel book that was okay but nothing like the original.    

This was one of my favorites when I was younger. I didn't know they made a (terrible) movie out of it

geekwad:I'm reading Horns right now and it's pretty interesting. It's the story of Ig Perrish, who-in the aftermath of his girlfriend Merrin Williams' mysterious rape and murder-awakes one morning to find horns growing from his head and diabolical powers at his command. It's a triller/fantasy/horror/mystery all rolled into one. Once you finish the book you can check out the movie on Netflix. Daniel Radcliffe plays Ig. 

My boyfriend and I watched the movie last night,  we both liked it a lot. I will be reading the book when I get done with my current one.

You should read Betwixt by Tara Bray Smith. I'm reading it now. If you like to read you should check out my new blog http://booklove.siterubix.com/

Try the Fallen series by Lauren Kate. It starts with Fallen then it's Torment, Passion and Rapture. It's a forbidden love story between an angel and a human, It really is amazing!

Chasing Pretty by Jennifer Lark is a really good one. So is A Daughter of Light by Rice Girls and The Darkest Kind of Light by P.T. Michelle. I don't think this really fits in with the genres, but Spades by Kristy Evans is also a really good book.

THE FALSE PRINCE!  It is an amazing trilogy and I need more fangirls. The main character is super sassy and lovable and there are a ton of use plot twists

A good young adult series that I've read a bunch of times is the maximum ride titles by James Patterson it's a Sci fi but they are easy reads with chapters that are 3 pages long seems short I know but the books are quite long and I love em 

Check out "the wrath of dawn" has all you described.

Sweet evil by Wendy Higgens. It's about a teenage girl named Anna who's always had the power to see others emotional auras. She also has advanced senses, as in the five senses. On night she goes to a concert with her best friend Jay and meets Kaiden Rowe. Throughout a series of events she finds out that she is a nephilim, the daughter of a fallen angel, also know as demons. It might not sound awesome from my discription but I suck at discribing books. I thought it was amazing.

I have many books I could reccomend but Sundays at Tiffanys by James Patterson and Lady of Ashes by Chrstine Trent xx

Incantation by Alice Hoffman. It takes place in Spain just before goes into the massacre and exile of many Jews. Thinking she and her family were Catholic, she learns that they're actually Jewish. This means her family is danger and has to find a way to leave. It's very bittersweet, there's a tiny bit of romance, but it's more of just a plot device, and a lot of tragedy and betrayal. It's very well written, I'm not much of a reader and I couldn't put it down.

I've been reading Ready Player One and it has been really enjoyable! Apparently it's being made into a movie too!

Reply to Thread