Songs that make you cry

Pages PREV 1 2 3

one song that will ALWAYS make me cry no matter what is The Blower's Daughter by Damien Rice. I'M TELLING YOU, LISTEN TO IT lol
Miserable At Best by Mayday Parade also makes me cry like a little girl haha
Almost any song by La Dispute but actually they make me angry.

But seriously man, The Blower's Daughter is just too good!

ALSO! Any song by City & Colour and William Fitzsimmons. :)

Little Wonders by Rob Thomas, because I'm graduating in like a month and a half and it's so perfect and so touching. (Yes it's from an animated movie...don't judge ok gosh) XD

It has to be "Hear you me" by Jimmy eat world
It has such meaning that makes me cry everytime I listen to it

America by Simon and Garfunkel always gets me. I'm not sure why, but it never fails to bring a tear to my eye. A lot of songs by Simon and Garfunkel have that effect on me, especially the Boxer and Song for the Asking. The Ship Song by Nick Cave is another particularly melancholy song and often makes me cry.
Gosh...a lot of Japanese songs, to be honest. The Slightly Chipped Full Moon always, always gets me. Crystalline is another beautiful song, sung by a Japanese singer but in English.
And of course, I must mention Lilium - a tearjerking little tune sung in Latin.

Both "Poison and Wine" and "Dust to Dust" by The Civil Wars make me cry.
"To make you feel my love" Garth Brooks.
"Killin' time" Zakk Wylde/Black Label Society.
"Paranoid" Type O Negative (Black Sabbath remake).
"I wanna be loved like that" Shenendoah.
"I will always love you" Dolly Parton.
"Ohne Dich" Rammstein.

To name a few.

Definitely "Dear God" by A7x

Lana del rey- young and beautiful
Gary jules- mad world 
Katie herzig-i hurt too

I just recently played Natalie in a production of a rock opera called Next To Normal, and the entire friggin' cast album is a tear-jerker, especially Act II, starting with "How Could I Ever Forget" all the way up to the finale, you will bawl, especially if you've seen the show 

5 Steps by Dru Hill

The Ocean by Tegan & Sara

Both Hans by Ani Difranco

flylikeacow:Ave Maria, pretty much any version, makes me a sobbing mess. My mom sang it at my grandma's funeral so it's a very important song to me.With or Without You by U2 is also pretty much a guaranteed tear-inducer. I sang a choral version of it last season with my choir. It's hard to explain what an incredibly strong emotional connection I felt with my choir every time we sang it.Basically, any particularly beautiful or emotional choral music piece brings me to tears. I don't cry much, but, damn, choirs ALWAYS get me. 

Ave Maria was at my grandmother's funeral also. I love With or Without You!

If I'm already super upset and in a bad mood then home sweet home by Mötley Crüe will get me crying its wierd I know but it does any other time it won't it's just when I'm upset already

Kip Moore - Hey Pretty Girl
Lee Brice - I Don't Dance
Rascal Flatts - What Hurts the Most
Taylor Swift - Oh My My My
Taylor Swift - Teardrops on My Guitar

Not to mention a few more.

Sufjan Stevens - Fourth of July

Kills me.

Say Something by A Great Big World & Christina Aguilera

One More Day by Diamond Rio

Some songs make me get in a sad mood :( like Champagne Supernove by Oasis, Love hurts by Incubus, Give me a reason by Pink, etc.

But there's this one song that makes me tear (or cry depending on how my mood is), the cover made by that hawaiian boy, Somewhere over the rainbow... I have my reasons.

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread