Neon Lights

Pages PREV 1 . . . 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 NEXT

"I'm marrying you anyway." Lucio smirked at her.
-
"I know." Shelby chuckled. "I bet you'll sleep like a baby now that you're home."

"Good," Cara grinned before leaning in to kiss him softly.
--
"I already feel 10 times better," Asher said as he closed his eyes.

"You've got a beautiful wedding planned for us." Lucio said honestly as he held her hand.
-
"Thats a relief." Shelby smiled and got comfortable beside him.

"It's going to be the best day ever," Cara smiled as she squeezed his hand.
--
Asher quickly fell asleep once he was comfortable against the pillows.

"I know." Lucio smiled and leaned over to peck her lips.
-
Shelby rolled to her side and quickly fell asleep beside Asher.

Cara smiled against his lips before leaning back in her seat. She heard the captain come over the loud speaker that they'd be landing soon.
--
Asher slept well throughout the day, his body needing the rest.

"Perfect." Lucio mumbled to himself. He didn't like the landing anymore than the takeoff.
-
Shelby woke up a few hours later. She carefully got out of bed?so she wouldn't wake Asher.

"You big baby," Cara teased his softly as she grabbed his hand.
-
Asher woke up an hour after Shelby, throbbing pain in his shoulder, "Shelbs!" He called for her.

"I'm not the only person who doesn't like flying." Lucio said as he held her hand.
-
Shelby quickly ran back to the room from the kitchen. "whats wrong?"

"You're right, I'm sure there's plenty of people on this plane who hate it as much as you," Cara chuckled.
-
"My shoulder is throbbing, can you get my meds?" He asked.

"Yet you only make fun of me." He smirked.
-
"Yeah I'll get them." Shelby said and left to grab the meds.

"You're the closest to me," Cara smirked.
--
Asher sat up against the pillows, taking the glass of water and pill when she returned.

"You're mean" Lucio smirked back.
-
"Should we call your doctor about getting different pain killers?" Shelby asked as she sat on the edge of the bed.

"Oh, I don't mean to be," Cara teased.
--
Asher swallowed the pill before shaking his head, "I didn't want to take the strong stuff, didn't want to get addicted to it since I'd be on them for awhile," He told her.

"I think you do." Lucio smirked. "Don't know why I'm marrying you."
-
"But you don't want to suffer either." Shelby pointed out. "You're going to spend the next?3 to 6 months in agony."

"Because I'm the only person who can put up with you," Cara teased as she laid her head on his shoulder.
-
"I'm tough," Asher said with a smirk.

"Fair." Lucio laughed. "I don't know how you do it."
-
"Tougher than a bullet wound?" Shelby smirked.

"Neither do I," Cara teased as the plane finally was back on the ground.
--
"Obviously since I survived," Asher smirked back.

"Glad that's over." Lucid said and unbuckled his seatbelt.
-
"Barely." Shelby teased him?

"Once we get to baggage claim I want to stop and get an iced coffee," Cara told him.
--
"But made it none the less," He chuckled.

"The weather won't be icy enough for you?" Lucio teased her
-
"Shut up." Shelby laughed and rolled her eyes.

"I need some sort of caffeine this morning," Cara told him as she got off the plane.
--
Asher laughed at her remark, "What time is it?" He asked.

"Ice coffee is disgusting." Lucio chuckled as he followed her out.
-
"Almost 4. You slept all day." Shelby said after checking her phone.

"You're disgusting," Cara teased as she got out into the terminal with him, grabbing his hand while they walked toward baggage claim.
-
"It felt great," asher said.

Lucio looked around the airport as they headed to baggage claim. "Look, it started snowing outside." he said, motioning to the window.
-
"You needed it." Shelby said. "You want some dinner?"

Cara squeezed his hand with a grin, "I love it," She told him excitedly.
-
"What are you going to make?" Asher asked.

"I can see you out there in a big white gown." Lucio smiled softly, picturing their wedding day.
-
"I thought I'd make grilled cheese sandwhiches unless you want to order something. There's not a lot of food here." Shelby said.

Cara smiled back at him as she reached up to peck his cheek, "There's our bags," She pointed as they came around the conveyor belt.
-
"I don't really want a grilled cheese but I also don't know what I'd want to order," He chuckled.

Lucio reached out and grabbed their bags. "Pack enough?" he laughed, feeling heavy hers was.
-
"We can have anything delivered- pizza, Chinese, sandwhiches, soups. Whatever you want." Shelby shrugged.

"Oh hush," Cara said before heading to the Starbucks counter to order.
-
"I don't really care what we get, order what you want and I'll eat when I'm hungry," He told her.

Lucio waited in line and took out his phone to check his emails.
-
"You're not hungry now?" Shelby asked.

"You sure you don't want anything?" Cara asked one last time before she ordered.
-
"Nope, not really," Asher shrugged.

"I'll take a coffee black." Lucio said and pulled out cash from his wallet.
-
"I bet the meds take away your appetite." Shelby said and reached for the bottle to read over the label.

"I've got it babe," Cara told him as she pulled up her Starbucks app to use her gold card.
--
"What does it say?" He asked her.

"You spoil me." Lucio teased.
-
"May suppress appetite." Shelby read from the label.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 NEXT

Reply to Thread