Neon Lights

Pages PREV 1 . . . 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 NEXT

(We can skip like a week and he's coming home?)
?

Shelby picked up her bag of clothes she'd kept while staying with Asher at the hospital. She was so happy to finally be leaving. "Are you ready?"

Asher got down into the wheelchair a nurse provided to wheel our, "Ready to get out of here, no offense Karen," He said as he looked up at her with a smirk.
-
Cara zipped her bag, "You Ready?" She asked before going to put on her shoes.
(Maybe they're flying to aspen to pick a venue?)

"We're happy to see you go." Karen joked back.
"I'll try to keep him out of here." Shelby smirked and walked out to the hallway.
-
"As soon as I find my plane ticket." Lucio said, checking his bag. "Have you seen it?"

"You know you'll miss me Karen," Asher teased as she wheeled him outside.
-
"Right here," Cara said as she held up both of their boarding passes.

"I think your wife will miss us more. She has to care for you by herself now." Karen teased as Shelby went to bring the car around.
-
"I thought I lost it." Lucio said and zipped up his bag.

"I think she'll be fine, I'm not a bad patient," He chuckled.
-
"It was on top of your dresser, I knew you'd forget it," Cara said as she moved her suitcase off the bed to roll behind her.

"You were better than most." Karen admitted. Shelby pulled up to the curb and got out to open the door for Asher. "Think you can walk?"
-
"Thanks for grabbing it." Lucio said and got his keys to lock up.

"Yeah, I got it," He said as he stood up slowly from the chair and walked to the car, being wary of his sling.
--
"You're welcome," Cara said as she put them in her purse on the way to the elevator.

Shelby thanked the nurse again before heading back to their apartment. "Feels like you've been in the hospital forever. I'm glad you finally get to come home."
--
"I could have called someone to grab our things." Lucio said as he stepped into the elevator with their suitcases.

"I'm ready to get back to my bed," Asher said, "Did you get mom and dad back to the airport okay this morning?" He asked.
--
"It's just a carry on suitcase," Cara pointed out.

"I got them there right on time." Shelby nodded. "They're really great but your mom can be a little much. She asked me almost every detail of my personal life." she chuckled.
-
"I keep people on payroll to carry suitcases." Lucio reminded her.

"I'm sorry about that," Asher said, "She just cares, especially since she lives so far."
--
"Well you'll live for one day without them," Cara chuckled.

"Its really okay." Shelby assured him. "I'm glad I got to meet them."
-
"I'm used to being treated like a king." Lucio teased her.

"I'm glad you did too, I just hate the circumstances," Asher chuckled.
--
"You are a king," Cara smirked before pecking his cheek as they rode the elevator down to the lobby.

"I do too." Shelby agreed. "I'm just happy you're getting better."
-
"And you, my queen." Lucio smiled before exiting the elevator.

"I am too, I was ready to be out of the hospital," Asher said.
-
"Did you atleast get us a car to the airport?" Cara asked.

"You're not going right back to work are you?" Shelby asked. 'You need to rest at home for a while."
-
"You think I would forget about that?" Lucio smirked and headed out the back exit where a?car was waiting for them.

"No, I'm going to wait until it doesn't hurt to move," Asher told her.
--
Cara shook her head with a smirk before she handed the driver her suitcase and climbed in the backseat with her jacket and purse.

"That might be a while." Shelby told him.
-
"People will think we're crazy for getting married in the winter." Lucio said as he slid in beside her.

"A while for my upper body, but my lower half is even sore," Asher said.
--
"It's going to be so pretty," Cara smiled.

"Thats from spending a week in a hospital bed." Shelby said as she pulled up to their apartment building.
-
"And cold." Lucio laughed. "you pack enough warm clothes?"

Asher unbuckled his seat belt and got out of the car slowly before making his way inside to the elevator.
--
"No, all I packed was shorts and tank tops," Cara teased.

"Want me to fix you some lunch?" Shelby asked as they made their way up to the apartment.
-
"As long as your comfortable." Lucio said as he checked his phone for important emails.

"Yeah, that sounds good," Asher said as they made it to the floor.
--
Cara shook her head with a smirk before turning her attention to the view outside.

"What would you like?" Shelby asked him.
-
"Construction will be starting soon on the pool." He said after checking his emais

"A sandwich is fine with me," Asher told her as he went in and took a seat on the couch.
--
"Really, that's exciting," Cara said with a smile.

"Any particular requests?" Shelby asked as she got the bread out.
-
"Yeah I just won't be there to oversee it." He said, worrying that there'd be a problem he'd miss.

"Whatever we have works for me," He told her as he grabbed the remote.
--
"Well we'll be back in a few days, they won't be able to get too much done," Cara said, "Plus, Vaughn's there."

"PB and J it is." Shelby chuckled and started making their sandwhiches.
--
"Yeah but he can be a pushover." Lucio smirked.

Asher flipped through the channels, deciding on a rerun of Property Brothers while she made them lunch.
--
"I know but I'm sure everything will get started how you want it, and we'll be back on Monday for you to take back the reigns again," Cara pointed out.

"I like this episode." Shelby said as she came back with their sandwhiches.
-
"I don't like giving up control, even for a week." He smirked.

"I do too," Asher said before taking the plate from her, "Thank you," He said.
--
"Well, I think planning our wedding is a little more important this week," Cara smirked back.

"You're welcome." Shelby said before taking a bite.
-
"Yes dear." Lucio teased at her.

Asher set the plate on his thigh before he picked up the sandwich to take a bike with his good arm.
--
"Thank you," Cara said as she pecked his cheek, seeing their car pulling up to the airport.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 NEXT

Reply to Thread