Neon Lights

Pages PREV 1 . . . 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 . . . 75 NEXT

"They said they're going to keep me here for a few days to evaluate me," Asher told them.
--
"Well hopefully it won't be too much longer," Cara said.

"I'd like to get you home sooner." Shelby said. It was hard seeing him in a hospital bed even if he was okay.
-
"We thought about bringing you some food. Are you hungry?" Lucio asked them.

"No, I'm not very hungry," Asher said, "What about you Shelbs? Have you eaten in the past two days?" He asked.
--
"Yeah, we can run out and grab something for you," Cara told her.

"I'm fine. The cafeteria food isn't as bad as you think." Shelby assured them.

"Well do you atleast want to go home and shower, change?" Asher asked, "I'm fine now, and I promise I'll be here when you get back," He chuckled.

"We'll stay here a while." Lucio told her.
"It would be nice to change." Shelby laughed and looked to Cara. "Come with me?"

"Of course," Cara said, "I'll drive us, can I have the keys babe?" She asked Lucio.

Lucio pulled the keys from his pocket and handed them to Cara. "Be careful." he said and gave her a look, knowing how she drove.

"Oh shut up," Cara smirked as she rolled her eyes and left the room with Shelby.

Lucio sat down when the girls left and looked at Asher. "I want to let you know how sorry I am this happened. I shouldn't have asked you to go after this guy."
--
"I still can't believe he got shot." Shelby sighed as they waited for the elevator.
?

"You don't have to apologize," Asher said.
--
"It's crazy to think," Cara said, "But I'm so glad to see him doing okay."

"I want to." Lucio told him. "I'm responsible for him coming after you."
-
"Me too." Shelby said, "I was so?afraid he wouldn't wake up."

"If it wasn't me it would've been you or Vaughn," Asher said, "And I'd hate to see either one of you in my position."
--
"I knew he was going to, he's strong," Cara said, rubbing her arm.

"Even so, I'm sorry it was you." Lucio told him.
-
"When I thought he wasn't going to make it..I just kept wishing I could tell him I love him." Shelby admitted. "I don't think I can say it now. I don't want to freak him out."

"It's in the past," Asher said, "The doctor said I should heal just fine."
--
Cara's eyes went wide, "Do you?" She asked.

"If you need anything, just say the word." Lucio assured him.
-
Shelby thought about it and nodded. "Yeah. I mean it took him almost dying for me to realize it but..yeah, I love him."

"Okay," Asher nodded, "Have you slept lately? You look like shit," He teased.
--
Cara nodded, "Wow, well I think you should tell him, but not now while he's in the hospital," She advised.

"Not a lot." Lucio laughed. "You don't look so hot yourself."
-
"Why not? Its the best place to be when I give him a heart attack." Shelby teased.

"I've got an excuse," Asher joked as he took a sip of his water.
-
"I feel like he'll think you're just saying it because he's in a hospital bed," Cara said.

"Not a good one. You couldn't dodge a bullet." Lucio teased him.
-
"I can't tell him at all. What if he doesn't say it back?" Shelby pointed out.

"Woah, way too soon," Asher laughed before wincing in pain.
-
"What if he does?" Cara said before getting in the car

"Sorry." Lucio said. He didn't mean to make him laugh if it hurt.
-
"If he doesn't, it'll just make everything weird." Shelby pointed out.

"It's okay," Asher said, "I just can't move too much," He told him.
-
"I think everything will work out," Cara said as she drove them to Asher's, "But I think you should let him heal before letting him know."

"You'll have a cool scar at least." He told her.
-
"What do you think he'll do?" She asked her.

"Two, the bullet went all the way through," Asher told him.
-
"I think he'll be surprised," Cara told her honestly.

"Yeah, yeah. Two cool scars." He rolled his eyes.
-
"He shouldn't be that surprised. We've been close for months and we're living together. It's kind of natural to fall for each other." Shelby pointed out.

"That's right," Asher smirked, "How's Nora doing? I want to send her a basket or something," He asked, referring to the maid.
-
"But you've only been technically dating each other for two weeks," Cara reminded her.

"She's alright. I gave her some time off." Lucio told him.
-
"I think I fell in love with him when we were friends. I just didn't want to admit it." She explained.

Asher nodded, "I want to still send something, make sure she's okay."
-
"Well tell him that, just when he's healed," Cara said.

"I'll take care of it." Lucio said. "You call your folks yet?"
-
"Enough about me and Asher. Have you set a date for the wedding?" Shelby asked.

"No, I don't have my phone," Asher said, "But I really need to let them know."
-
"No, we haven't talked about the wedding at all actually since Asher got shot," Cara said.

"I'm sure your phones here somewhere." Lucio said. "Did you have it on you?"
--
"Do you?know what you want to do?" Shelby asked her.

"I'm pretty sure it was," Asher said, "It had to be in my pocket of my pants, no telling where those are now."
--
"I honestly haven't even thought about it," Cara chuckled, "Two weeks ago I told Lucio I wasn't ready to be married and now I'm engaged."

Lucio looked through the drawers next to the bed and found his phone. "They put your things here."
-
"Are you happy about it?" Shelby asked, wondering if she really changed her mind.

"I don't know why they wouldn't just give it to Shelby," Asher said, checking his phone, it was dead. "Can I just use yours to call my parents?" He asked.
-
"Yes, I didn't think I'd be so excited," Cara said, "It's a different feeling than I thought, actually being engaged."

Pages PREV 1 . . . 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 . . . 75 NEXT

Reply to Thread