Neon Lights

Pages PREV 1 . . . 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 . . . 57 NEXT

"Its good. Want to try it?" Shelby asked, offering him a slice.
--
"No rehearsals today?" Lucio asked.

"Sure, we can trade a slice for a slice," Asher smirked as he took a slice from her plate then gave her a slice of his.
--
"No, so I ran a few errands," She said, "I went to a fitting for a new costume we're getting."

"Solid business arrangment." Shelby teased before trying his pizza.
--
"Yeah? Hows it look?" Lucio asked and sipped his drink.

(what are your thoughts and starting a new rp? i know i'm off and on a lot and we just started Prisoners but I'm wondering if you'd be open to another.)

Asher chuckled before trying her pizza, "Not too bad," He teased.
--
"I like it a lot," Cara smiled, "It's a teal color with triangle cut outs on the waist."

"Yours is pretty good." Shelby said and took another bite.
--
"I can't wait to see it." Lucio smiled and downed his drink.

"I know," Asher smirked as he took another bite.
--
"I really like it, you will too,". Cara winked.

"Cocky again." Shelby teased him.
--
"You should wear some of those outfits home." He smirked at her.

(yay my schedule just cleared up!)

Asher just shrugged with a smirk as he ate his pizza.
--?
Cara smirked, "I'm sure you'd like that," She teased, "Keep coming to the shows and you'll see me in them every time."

(do you want to skip with them?)

-
"I make it to every one that I can." Lucio told her.

(Yes, maybe Cara had no idea that new costumes were for a new element to the show and she thought everyone would have a firing or something?)?
--
"I know and I love you for that," Cara grinned as she grabbed his hand across the table.

(i'm confused by what you mean. She thought everyone was going to be fired and they got new costumes?)

"I love you too." Lucio said and cracked a smile.

No, Cara could think everyone was getting new costumes but she finds out that only some girls were selected for this new part of the show after she talks to Shelby. That's when she finds out that Shelby was cut back.?
--
"I like when you're all lovey doveyin public," Cara teased him as she squeezed his hand. He was so serious all the time.

(oh thats good! do you want to play all that out or skip to Shelby being upset and Asher comforting her?)
-
"You just like attention." He smirked at her.

(I don't know, I'm down with either.)?
--
"You're not wrong," Cara smirked before she finished her drink.?

(we'll skip to her and asher but maybe Cara hasnt found out about it yet so they can talk later?)

Shelby wiped the tears from her eyes as she packed her suitcase. She wanted to leave before Asher came home from work she she didn't have to face him. Nothing was going right and she decided to go back home.
--
"You know that whole thing with Asher got me thinking about us." Lucio said as he toyed with his empty glass. "Maybe its time we get married."

Asher didn't have much to do at the office so he decided to come home early for the day and relax. He set his keys on the counter before hearing Shelby in the guest room. He walked down to see her packing her suitcase, "Going somewhere?" He asked light heartedly, only seeing the back of her.
--
"Woah, what's gotten into you?" She teased him.

Shelby jumped and looked back when she heard Asher. "You scared me. I didn't think you'd be home so soon." she said and turned to wipe her eyes.
-
"Just thinking." Lucio smirked. "What do you say?"

(i don't know if its showing up on the main page yet but i made secret society- http://my.gurl.com/forums/read/566.1019912-The-Secret-Society )

"Woah, what's wrong?" He asked her as he stepped in the room.
--
Cara's eyes went wide, "Are you asking me my opinion or to marry you?" She asked, getting nervous.

"I got bumped from the show." Shelby said bitterly and tossed her clothes into the bag. "They put with me with the day crew. I get to dance with newbies and has-beens for an audience a quarter of the size of the night attendees."
--
"Both I guess." Lucio shrugged. He wasn't going to make a big show of a proposal when marriage was simply a contract.

"Why would they do that?" Asher asked, taking the shoe out of her hand that she was about to put in her bag.
--
"My opinion on the matter is that we're fine with where we're at, we have been for the past three years and my answer, for now, would have to be no," She told him.
?

"I'm slacking." Shelby said, using their words. "Not as focused as I used to be. At least thats what they told me." She zipped her suitcase and sat on the edge of the bed and stopped fighting her tears. "I don't know how everything got so messed up."

"So you weren't fired, you were moved?" Asher asked as he tried to follow what she was saying, "Why are you packing your suitcases?"
?

"I'm going back home." Shelby told him as she looked down. "I was supposed to be a ballerina.?Instead I'm a homeless part time showgirl. Theres nothing left for me here."
--
"You really don't want to get married?" Lucio asked surprised.

Asher sat down next to her, "You can't leave, you can't give up on your dreams."
--
"Not right now, maybe someday," Cara told him, she was shocked that he wanted to.

"Why can't I?" Shelby asked as she finally looked at him. "I've done nothing but fail."
--
"I figure nows as good a time as any." Lucio pointed out. "We've been together a long time, I don't think that'll change."

"You've talked about how people from back home thought you'd fail, by going back home you're proving that to them," He told her, "There's more shows to audition for. There's more opportunity here for you," He told her, he didn't want her to leave and give up.
--
"If it won't change then things should be fine with where we're at," Cara said.

"I've gone to dozens of auditions for the past three years. Its not happening for me. I'm not good enough." Shelby explained and wiped her eyes again.
-
"Okay." Lucio shrugged and backed off. He wasn't going to push it. "I need another drink. You?"

"Let me talk to someone, I've got to know someone who's close to show directors," He told her, "Shelby you can't leave."
--
"Please," Cara said. feeling the awkwardness now between them.

"Why not? I don't have anything to keep me here." Shelby pointed out. She felt like a failure.
--
Lucio went back to the bar and returned with two more drinks.

"You have Cara and your dance friends, and you have me," He told her, "We're all rooting for you."
--
"Thank you," Cara said as she took the drink.

"I have you?" Shelby?asked sarcastically. "I don't have anyone."
--
"Decide what you want to eat?" He asked her.

"Woah, yes you do have me," Asher told her, "You know I have been there ever since the night we met."?
--
"Not yet," Cara said, "Do you want to stay here or go somewhere?" She asked.

"We're only friends because you feel guilty about that night." Shelby said, looking away.
-
"I don't care either way." Lucio said and sipped his drink.

"You know that is not true," Asher defended.
--
"Lefs just eat here, or take something to go back to our place," Cara said, getting the feeling he didn't want to be out with her anymore.

"No? Then why am I here? Because we're such great friends who go way back?" Shelby smirked.
-
"Want to order up food at home?" Lucio suggested.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 . . . 57 NEXT

Reply to Thread