Neon Lights

Pages PREV 1 . . . 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 . . . 48 NEXT

"Well you have to stay married for a couple of months," She pointed out, "Are you going to be able to hide it for that long?"

"They shouldn't find out. Its not like we announced it in the papers." Shelby pointed out.

(off for the night! ttyl)

"I feel like my mom would know if I got married to Lucio without telling her," Cara chucked, "But she's been pushing for us to get married for years."

"Why aren't you married already?" Shelby asked curiously.

"I don't know," Cara chuckled, "I think we will eventually but we're just enjoying us now," She told her, "But don't change the subject, what arenyou
making Asher for dinner?"

"We're making pizza together." Shelby explained.

"Ugh you two are so cute it makes me sick," Cara teased.

"We're not a couple." Shelby pointed out. "I think we ruined that chance."

"How did you ruin that chance?" Cara asked as she set her keys on the counter after walking into her and Lucio's place.

"How often does a marriage like ours work out?" Shelby pointed out. "We sound like a bad reality show."

"A bad reality show would be you being a gold digger and him being a player," Cara pointed out, "You two are both perfectly normal people. Honestly, if you hadn't gotten married I know you'd be dating right now." She smirked.

"Between the marriage and me staying with him now, I've just been a nuisance." Shelby said as she grabbed a pack of cheese and set it in the cart. "I doubt he likes me anymore."

"Do you like him?" Cara asked her.

Shelby fiddled with the pack of cheese as she thought about it. "I do." She admitted. "But you can't tell him, Cara, I mean it."

Cara couldn't help but chuckle a bit, "What are we twelve?" She teased her, "And I already knew you did, I just wanted to hear you say it."

"Whatever." Shelby laughed. "..has he said anything about me?"

"If I'm not allowed to tell him anything about you, it's the same for you about him," Cara teased.

"Aren't you and I closer than you and him?" Shelby pointed out.

"You're my best friend Shelbs," Cara told her, "But Asher is like the brother I never had," She said.

"Fair enough." Shelby said and went to the checkout line. "What do you think I should do?"

"Feel these next few days out and take full advantage of living with him so you can get to know him better," Cara told her.

"Whats the point if I don't even know if he likes me?" Shelby smirked, hoping she'd tell her more.

"He doesn't know you like him," Cara told her, "I think you two have a lot more in common than you think," She smirked.

"I think you're being difficult." Shelby laughed. "I'm about to check out. I'll see you tomorrow."

"Have fun with your hubby," Cara chuckled into the phone before hanging up?

(You were talking about almost having all E names, almost all of mine are C names lol)

(Lol good point.)

Shelby rolled her eyes and hung up the phone. After buying the food, she went back to Asher's apartment to wait for him.

Asher got home around the time he said he would, he smiled to Shelby as she sat on the couch, "Hey," He said as he set his keys down.

"Hey." Shelby smiled when she saw Asher. "I got all of the stuff for our pizza."

"Great," He said as he slipped his blazer off, "How much do I owe you?" He asked.

"You don't owe me a thing. It's the least I could do to thank you for helping me out." Shelby said honestly.

"I'm paying you for at least half of the groceries," Asher said, "You're night buying my food because I'm letting you stay here," He smirked before going to the kitchen counter to look for the receipt.

"Its really fine. I've got it covered." Shelby assured him.

"Ah-ha!" Asher smirked as he found the receipt on the counter, "There, I venmoed you my half," He told her as he set his phone down.

"You're impossible." Shelby laughed and went to the kitchen. "How was work?"

"It was kind of boring," Asher shrugged, "I started looking into your roommates though, made some calls," He told her.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 . . . 48 NEXT

Reply to Thread