Neon Lights

Pages PREV 1 . . . 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 . . . 46 NEXT

"Everything surprises me." Shelby smirked.

"I can't tell if that's a good thing or not," Asher chuckled.

"Its both sometimes." Shelby laughed.

"I'll have to remember that," Asher said as they got closer to the next area to climb.

(do you want to skip to her having to move in with him? it could be a few weeks later?)

"Why, you want to surprise me?" she teased.

(Yeah, how close do we want them to be?)
"If I answered that it would ruin it," Asher teased.

(I'd say theyre becoming good friends but not dating...yet ;] )

Shelby sat at?a bus stop with duffle bags of her belongings and her showgirl mascara running down her face. She kept trying to call Cara but at 3 am she wasn't answering. She wiped her eyes and called the only person left, Asher.

Asher rolled over in bed, he thought he was heading his phone ring in a dream. He cut on his lamp as he picked it up to answer, he wondered why Shelby would be calling him in the middle of the night, "Hello?" He answered in a sleepy tone.

"I'm sorry to wake you, I have no one else to call." Shelby said through tears.

Asher sat up a bit when he heard her crying, "Shelby what's going on?" He asked her.

"I got evicted." Shelby cried. "I came home from a show and the apartment was empty and had an eviction notice. My roommates stole my rent money and half my stuff. I don't know what to do, I don't have anyplace to go."

Asher was wide awake now, "Where are you now? I'm on my way," He said as he threw on some clothes.

"The bus stop outside my building. It's on 43rd St." Shelby said and wiped her eyes.

"I'll see you soon," Asher told her before hanging up and grabbing his keys.

(why do I picture that it's raining lol)

(I do too!!! Because all bus stop scenes at night have rain lol)

Shelby tried to stop crying as she waited for Asher. She didn't want him to see her like this.

Asher slowed to a stop as he eased up to the bus stop. He got out, not even caring if he got wet, "C'mon you're soaked," He said as he grabbed her bags to put into the trunk.

"That's the least of my worries." Shelby smirked and wiped her eyes again before getting into the car.

Asher closed his trunk before running to the driver's seat and getting in, "Have you talked to your roommates?" He asked.

"They're ignoring my calls." Shelby said and looked at her phone. "Blair and Andrea are coke heads so it's not hard to figure out where all the money went."

"When I get to the office tomorrow I'll get this all straightened out," Asher told her, he wasn't letting them get away with this.

"Thank you so much for this Asher. I promise I'll find a place tomorrow." Shelby said. She didn't want to bother him with her drama.

"You're not going to stay on someone's couch or in a hotel when I have a guest bedroom," He told her.

"You don't have to do that." Shelby said. "I'll figure something out soon."

"Through richer or poorer," Asher teased as he quoted some vows to her.

"Thanks." Shelby laughed softly. "We sure are a pair aren't we?"

Asher laughed, "We definitely are," He said as he drove back to his place.

"I really am sorry for all this." Shelby said honestly.

"You don't have to apologize," Asher told her, "I'm happy to help."

"I'm really grateful." Shelby said as she looked over at him.

"You're welcome," Asher smiled as they got back to hisplace. He parked and helped her grab her bags.

"I can carry those. You've helped me enough." Shelby said as they got her bags.

"Stop," Asher laughed as he grabbed her larger suitcase to head inside. He set his keys on the counter before going down the hallway, "Here's the guest bedroom," He showed her, "The bathroom is right across the hall."

(I'm totally seeing their friendship/relationship like the one in Burlesque, except he's not engaged.)

(It kind of is, isn't it! and she's a dancer)

"It's really big. You like having all this space just for you?" She asked curiously.

"It's just a two bedroom apartment," Asher shrugged, "I'm guessing you haven't seen Lucio and Cara's place," He chuckled.

"Is theirs bigger?" Shelby asked as she set her bags in the guest room.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 . . . 46 NEXT

Reply to Thread