Neon Lights

Pages PREV 1 . . . 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 . . . 48 NEXT

(Yeah, one that cara set up too so even more drama haha)

Once they were at the restaurant, Asher paid the cab driver before getting out and holding the door for her.

"Thanks." Shelby said as he held the door for her. Cara was right about him being a nice guy.

(yes!)

"You're welcome," Asher smiled before finding them a table, "Have you ever been here?" He asked.

"I haven't been anywhere." Shelby laughed and sat at the table.

"Well it's great," Asher told her, "The couple that owned this moved here from Florida and opened this place."

"That's a far move." Shelby said, although moving from Iowa and Texas was far too.

Asher shrugged, "People are just drawn here," He said before looking over the menu, even though he almost always got the same thing.

"Apparently so." Shelby laughed and looked at the menu.

A waitress came up to grab their drink orders, "I'll just have a water for now," He said.

"Same for me." Shelby said. "Tell me more about the work you do. Do you ever have hearings or do you just offer legal advice?" she asked after the waitress left.

"Not as much as I used to," Asher told her, "I'm Vaughn and Lucio's personal attorney, but I do take on clients for other cases," He said, "I'm not into high crime cases like homicide or kidnapping, but I do work in fraud cases."

"You ever do divorce cases?" Shelby asked curiously.

"No, I don't," He chuckled, "Divorce cases are pretty simple compared to other types of cases."

"And you've never been married before?" She asked, curious to know more about him.

"No I haven't," Asher told her, "What about you, I'm not like husband number 4 or something am I?" He teased.?

"Nope, you're the first. First husband, first...everything." Shelby said while looking away and wondering if he caught on to what she was saying.

"Well I'm glad I don't have any crazy ex husbands to worry about," Asher teased, not catching onto her comment.

"I don't have any crazy exes." Shelby assured him. "I've only had 2 boyfriends and they're both in Iowa so you're safe."

"What a relief," Asher said with a chuckle before the waitress came back to take their order.

"Ok." Alice said wrapping herself in a towel and going inside.

(I'm trying to think of accidental boner enducing things she could do)

"I'll have the chicken salad." Shelby ordered and handed the waitress her menu.

"Steak on the first date?" Vince teased "You're no cheap date."

"I'll have the French Dip please," He smiled before handing over the menu.

"I'm not sure if I should be offended by that." He asked her.
-
Shelby sipped her water before fiddling with the straw. "I wanted to tell you, I'm going to pay you back for my half of the wedding and hotel suite. I'm just as culpable for it. I don't want you stuck with the whole bill."

"It's already been taken care of, don't worry about it," He told her.

"I know but I'm just as responsible for it, if not more, so I should help pay for it." Shelby said.

"I promise, it's already been taken care of," Asher told her, "But why do you think you're more responsible for our escapades?"

"I remember pieces of our conversation and after talking to Cara, I've realized it was pretty much all my fault." Shelby told him.

"I don't understand what you're saying," Asher said, confused.

"Do you remember going up to your suite?" Shelby asked. "We went there to hook up and I told you I wouldn't do that unless I was married.."

Asher almost spit out his water, but quickly swallowed it, "So you're saying we got married so that we could sleep together?" He asked, feeling somewhat relieved that that was why but also feeling so guilty for taking that away from her.

"I don't know whose idea it was but I'm fairly certain it was entirely my fault." Shelby laughed bitterly.

"I'm sorry if I did anything that night to pressure you or anything," He told her even though neither of them remembered.

"I don't think you did." Shelby said, getting the feeling that he wasn't like that.

"Well, are you okay or umm," He really didn't know what to ask or how to ask it, even if she didn't remember her first time.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 . . . 48 NEXT

Reply to Thread