Neon Lights

Pages PREV 1 . . . 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 . . . 33 NEXT

Shelby came out of the bathroom and looked at Asher. She really liked him until getting blacked out drunk. Part of her wished they could start over. "I'll um..I'll see you tomorrow." she said, not knowing what else to say in their situation.
-
"Not really." Cassandra shrugged. She usually slept through breakfast time.
--
"Now you're too good to get in the water?" Craig teased her.

"Why, you lonely?" Alice teased jumping in te pool.

"You always so sarcastic?" He asked her.

Asher sat back up when she came out of the bathroom, "See you tomorrow," He said softly as he watched her leave the room.

Shelby exhaled as soon as she left the suite. She didn't know what she got herself into or deal with all of this. She went back to her apartment and showered before going to rehearsals, where she looked for Cara.

Cara was sitting at her vanity, listening to music on her phone as she started her makeup, "Hey!" She said, as she watched Shelby walk up through her mirror, "Never heard back from you, you must've had fun with Asher," She smirked.

"Yeah great fun." Shelby huffed and sat beside her. "We got married." she said, showing her the ring.

Cara continued to do her makeup, listening until she heard the word married, "What?" She said as she turned to look at her, seeing the ring, "You're joking," She said.

"Everything was going great and we did some shots and had drinks and did more shorts.." Shelby rambled. "We ended up going to a chapel and now I'm Mrs. Mc..something."

"McDaniels," Cara finished, "Wait, how did you two agree on that, sure people can get drunk but there's still a part of you that knows what you're doing," She said.

"Well um.." Shelby didn't really want to say. It was the part she was most embarrassed about. "After we had so much to drink we went up to his suite and we wanted to..you know. But I told him I couldn't do that unless I was married, so we decided to get married and then we..you know."

"Have sex," Cara finished again, "You two go married so that you could hook up?" She shook her head in disbelief, "Wow,"

"Yeah and that was my first time." Shelby said as?she looked down.?She still couldn't believe it all. "I always imagined I'd marry someone I was madly in love with and our first time together would be so special."

"Oh hun," Cara said as she turned towards her, "You can still have that, don't worry," She told her, "Do you and Asher know what you're going to do about this whole thing? Goodness, does he know that this was your first time?" She asked, she knew him very well, she knew when he found out that he'd feel horrible about that.

"Yeah, I mean I think so. Its why we got married." Shelby said but wondered if he even remembered that conversation. "He said we'd take care of it at his office. I know its the right thing but I can't believe that?in one weeked I'll have thrown away everything I believe in..I went from being a single virgin to married and divorced in practically 24 hours."

Cara rested her hand on her shoulder, "If it helps at all, Asher is a fantastic guy," She told her, "He's not some skeez ball that's just going to use you. I know that's not really what you want to hear right now, but I don't want you thinking that you threw everything away. Maybe you two could become friends out of this."?

"I think thats the worst part." She said and wiped a stray tear. She didn't want to cry over this but she couldn't help it. "Before everything happened, I was having a really good time. For the first time since I moved here, I felt like I was talking to a genuinely nice guy. You know how it is, when a guy finds out you're a showgirl he just wants to take you to bed. I didn't feel like that last night."

"I could tell her was genuinely interested in you too," Cara told her, "This is all going to work out for the best, I promise you," She told her, "He's not going to hurt you or take advantage or you in this situation."

"I know but still..I wish I hadn't screwed everything up." Shelby said defeatedly.

"You didn't screw anything up, you both made a mutual drunken decision and it's going to work itself out," She told her, giving her a reassuring smile.

"I appreciate you're optimism but I don't feel it." Shelby said weakly.

"You're going to have to trust me on this," Cara told her, "What would you want to happen out of all of this?" She asked her curiously.

"Other than a time machine?" Shelby smirked. "I have no idea...maybe we end up falling in love and live happily ever after so this weekend wouldn't end up being such a disaster." she said, knowing it was a ridiculous fairytale.

"Well I told you, Asher is one of the nicest guys I know," Cara told her, "Maybe you two get your fairytale, maybe you two forget you even met and your prince charming comes along tomorrow, you don't know," She said, "What I do know though is that I am your friend, and I am here for you, but we go on soon," She told her.

Shelby laughed and wiped her eyes. "You're right. I need to let it go and focus on the show." She really appreciated having a shoulder to cry on.

"I love ya," Cara said as she gave her a hug, "Don't forget to take that ring off," She said before going to put on her costume.

"Right." Shelby looked at the ring for a moment before taking it off and putting it on her vanity.

Skip to the next morning??

(Yes!)

Shelby took a deep breath as she went to Asher's office. She didn't know what to expect and her conversation with Cara made her more confused about him. After giving the receptionist her name, she took a seat in the lobby to wait for him.

Asher it the page from his secretary before coming out to meet Shelby, "Good morning," He said with a smile, "Come in," he told her as he held the door open to his office.

"Thanks." Shelby smiled politely and sat down in his office before looking around. It was pretty impressive. "You have a real nice office."

"Thank you," Asher said before going behind his desk, "So, I've got bad news and good news, which would you like to hear first?"

"Good." Shelby said, needing to hear some good news.

"which one would you like first?" Asher asked as he fixed some papers on his desk.

"The good news." Shelby said, hoping it was very good news.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 . . . 33 NEXT

Reply to Thread