Gossip Girl

Pages PREV 1 . . . 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 . . . 72 NEXT

Claire's eyes widened when he showed it to her, "It was negative," She told him with a shrug.
--
"Well maybe it would teach them to brush their teeth without being told," Callie said.
--
"Because it makes me feel weak, like I can't do anything for myself," Emma told him.

"You thought you were pregnant and you didn't tell me." Rhys pointed out. "What would you have done if it was positive? Waited for the kid to be born before telling me?"
-
"Maybe or we'd look like bad parents." Everett chuckled.
-
"I'm sorry. You know thats not how I want you to feel." Dominic said sincerely.

"Oh don't be so dramatic," Claire said as she rolled her eyes.
--
"They'll learn eventually I guess," Callie shrugged.
--
"Well stop doing every single thing for me," Emma told him.

"You didn't tell me you might be pregnant." Rhys pointed out. "thats not dramatic to you?"
-
"Hope so." Everett laughed as they reached the ice cream parlor.
-
"I will." Dominic nodded. "I'm sorry."

"Why get you all worked up thinking I might be for no reason?" Claire pointed out.
-
Callie held the door open for him so he could get the stroller inside.
-
"Thank you for the apology," Emma said softly.

"Then why leave it where I can see it?" Rhys pointed out.
-
"Thanks." Rhys said as he pushed the stroller inside.
-
Dominic nodded and looked around at what else needed to be put away. "I can help you finish up. Not that you need it, but if you want it."

"I didn't mean to," Claire shrugged, "You knocked on the door this morning and I panicked," She told him.
--
Callie walked in the parlor after him, looking up at the menu for the options.
--
"I can't reach the top shelf and I don't really want to climb on the counter," Emma told him.

"You still should have told me." Rhys said and walked away to make himself a drink.
-
"See what you want?" Everett asked after finding what he wanted.
-
"We need to get you a stepping stool." Dominic joked lovingly before putting the dishes up.

(IVE MISSED YOU!)
Claire ran a hand through her hair and took a deep breath before following him, "It's not like you would've been happy if I told you," She said, "We had already got in a disagreement last night, I didn't want to make it worse."
--
"Yes, what about you?" She asked.
--
"Yeah, among other things," Emma said as she looked around the kitchen, it was coming together.

(I missed you too! I've been SO busy!)

"So if I told you what you wanted to hear, then what?" He asked as he poured himself a drink. "Would you have wanted it to be positive if I said I loved you back?"
-
"I just want a vanilla cone." Everett nodded.
-
"What else?" Dominic asked as he shut the cabinet.

"No, I wouldn't want it to be positve because I'm not ready to be a mom yet, and we're no where near ready to be parents together," She told him, "Plus, why would I want to bring a child into the world when we don't feel the same way about each other?"
--
"I'll have a chocolate cone please, single scoop," Callie told the girl behind the counter.
--
"I think that's it for the kitchen," Emma told him.

"If we did, would you be happy if it was positive?" Rhys asked after downing his drink.
-
"What a cute baby." The girl said after getting their order.
"Thanks." Everett said and looked to Callie.
-
"Its starting to look like we live here." Dominic smiled.

"No, I'd honestly still be petrified," Claire told him, watching him down his drink.
--
Callie just smiled as she took her ice cream from the girl.
--
"Slowly but surely," Emma said, putting her hand on her hip as she looked around, she was exhausted from all the moving.

Rhys nodded and leaned back against the liquor cabinet. "I wish we could take back these last two days."
-
Everett took his cone and went to sit at a table, pulling Sage up to the side.
-
"We still have a few more boxes to unpack." Dominic said. "Want to put those off for tomorrow?"

"I don't," Claire told him, "I don't want to live in some lie."
--
Callie grabbed them a few napkins before sitting across from Everett, "Oh my gosh! Is that the Levanthals?" Callie turned her head when she heard an all too familiar voice, "Oh hey Jennifer," She said with a wave to one of their nosey neighbors.
--
"No, let's go ahead and get them over with," Emma told him.

"Its not living a lie." Rhys sighed. "We're happy, or we were until last night. I want to go back to that."
-
"Hey Jen. How are you?" Everett asked, putting on a friendly smile and hoping she'd go away fast.
-
"Which room do you want to cover?" Dominic asked.

Claire just shrugged thinking of the words to say, "I love you Rhys, I'm not going to stop saying it or feeling it," She told him, "I understand that you may not feel the same way but I was hurt in the way you handled it and how you tried to discredit my feelings."
--
"I'm doing good, and what is this?" She asked seeing the baby in the stroller, "Callie! I didn't even know you were pregnant!" She told her.
--
"If you can hang up the shower curtain in the bathroom I can organize the cabinets in there," She told him.

"I didn't try to do that." Rhys said softly. "Or, I didn't mean to. I still want to be with you." he told her. He didn't want this to ruin what they had.
--
"We're just fostering her." Everett explained. "Legally, we're not allowed to talk about the details." he said, hoping that would stop her from prying.
-
"I'll do that." He nodded and went to grab the boxes for the bathroom.

"You do?" Claire asked him.
-
"She's absorbable!" Jennifer said as she looked, "Hope you guys are doing well," She told them, "We are, thanks," Callie smiled.
-
Emma started organizing the cabinets underneath the sink.

"I thought you knew that." Rhys said. "I want us to be together."
-
"Everyones doing great." Everett lied and forced a smile.
-
Dominic hung up the curtain and stepped back to see how it looked. "You sure you want to a curtain when you shower?" he teased her.

"I thought you were mad at me," Claire told him.
-
"Well I'll leave you two be, let's get the kids together soon," Jenn said.
-
"Because I don't want water all over the floor," Emma said.

"Mad that you love me?" Rhys chuckled.
-
"We will." Everett smiled as she left. "Think we should move?" he joked.
-
"We could get a clear curtain." Dominic smirked.

"Yes, and the pregnancy test," Claire told him.
-
"I'll call a realtor when we get home," Callie teased.
-
"This one matches the towels," Emma said.

"I'm mad that you didn't tell me about that." Rhys told her. "But I get it."
-
"I think Europe would be far enough." Everett teased back.
-
"Fair enough." He laughed.

"I've never had to take a test before, I was freaking out," Claire told him.
-
"Sounds good to me," Callie chuckled.
-
Emma finished up in the cabinets before standing up.

"We could handle it." Rhys told her. "Wouldn't be ideal but we could do it."
-
"We could take that trip to Paris we've always talked about." Everett laughed.
-
"I think thats the last of the boxes." Dominic said.

"But we don't have to, for now," Claire said, she was relieved that the test was negative.
--
"We could take a lot of trips," Callie said.
--
"Thank God," Emma said as she threw her head back and arm in the air.

"Luckily." Rhys chuckled. "I thought you were on birth control."
-
"With the baby? I don't think that would be easy." He pointed out.
-
"Its been a long day." Dominic laughed.

"I am," Claire said, "But it wouldn't hurt for you to use a condom once in awhile," She told him.
--
"Like you said, hire a nanny," Callie teased.
--
"I don't want to move from the couch for the next day," Emma said.

"I didn't think I had to." Rhys said. "I guess I'll start."
-
"I've got interviews lined?up this week." Everett pointed out.
-
"You could sleep in the bed. It would be more comfortable." He said.

Claire nodded, "I'll talk to my doctor about the IUD too," She told him, wanting to switch up her birth control anyways.
--
"That's good," Callie nodded.
--
"There's not a tv in there," Emma pointed out with a smirk.

"Whats that?" Rhys asked, not?knowing much about birth control.
-
"Do you want to meet them with me?" Everett asked.
-
"We could always get one." Dominic said.

"It's basically a form of birth control that would prevent pregnancy for up to 3 years and I wouldn't have to take a pill everyday,' She told him.
--
"Sure," Callie told him, thinking she'd be a better judge of character anyways.
--
"We could or spend that money on other things," Emma said.

"That would be ideal." Rhys nodded.
-
"They're all older, just like you wanted." Everett said
-
"We're good on money." Dominic pointed out.

"I have an appointment after I get back from LA, I'll talk to her about it then," Claire told him with a nod.
--
"Good," Callie said as she continued to eat her ice cream.
--
"I know, but we could spend that money on experiences with each other instead," Emma told him.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 . . . 72 NEXT

Reply to Thread