Gossip Girl

Pages PREV 1 . . . 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 . . . 72 NEXT

"Because of your family?" Rhys sighed.
--
"I mean, if it was up to you would you want Svet to be in her life?" Everett asked curiously.
-
"Its this way." he said, going left out of the parks exit.

"That and because I love you Rhys," Claire told him.
-
"That's a complicated question," Callie said, "I think that she should have her mother but I don't want Svetlana in my life. Which is where it gets difficult because if you're not awarded full custody she has to become a part of our lives."
-
Emma just nodded as she followed.

"I want to love you back." Rhys said drunkenly.
-
"I guess I just wanted to know how you feel about being Sage's mother." Everett said. "I know thats something to take time and think about."
-
Dominic headed back towards the apartment and kept quiet as they walked.

"That doesn't make sense," Claire told him as she sat on the edge of the bed.
-
"It would be easier for me to take on that role if you had full custody," Callie said.
-
Emma got her keys once they got home and unlocked the door. She headed inside and to their bedroom to start unpacking.

"You think I don't love you?" Rhys asked, reaching for her hand. "I want to love you but I don't yet."
-
"I can fight for full custody if Svet tries to take her back." Everett pointed out.
-
"You ever going to talk to me?" Dominic asked as he stood against the doorframe of their room.

"Then why didn't you say that? Why did you freak out and act like it was crazy that I'm in love with you," Claire asked.
-
Callie nodded, "I think that would be best for Sage," She told him.
-
Emma continued to unpack the boxes and put things away without saying anything.

"I don't know. I'm dumb." Rhys said. "Its why Alexa left me. Its why you'll leave me."
--
"I have to consider whats best for you too- you and the kids." Everett pointed out.
-
"I'm not going to apologize for looking out for you." Dominic said as he crossed his arms. "But I'm sorry I upset you."

"I'm not going to leave you Rhys," Claire said softly as she searched his eyes.
-
"It'd be best for all of us if you had no custody or full custody, it'd be best for Sage if you had full," Callie said, "The less Svetlana has to be in our lives the better."
-
Emma pushed passed him to go grab another box. She pushed it with her legs to their bedroom.

"I know, I know. Our parents worked out?a deal." Rhys said and leaned back against the pillows.
-
"Whatever happens, I promise she won't be in your life." Everett said.
--
Dominic picked up the box for her and set it on the bed.
?

"No, even without the contract I don't want to leave you and I'm not," Claire said, "I love you and I want to be married to you."
-
"I don't want her in your life either," Callie said.
-
"Seriously?" Emma huffed as she put her hand on her hip.

Rhys closed his eyes and was trying not to fall asleep. "I want to be married to you too Lex."
-
"I don't either but it depends on what the court says." Everett shrugged.
-
"What? I'm not allowed to help you unpack?" Dominic said as he started going through the box.

Claire shut her eyes hard before seeing that he seemed asleep. She covered him up before going to sleep in their bed.
--
"I know that, but hopefully the judge will see that she's unfit," Callie told him.
--
"I had the box just fine," Emma said.

Rhys was fast asleep when Claire left the room. He woke up the next morning with a headache and didn't remember how he got to the guest room.
-
"I hope so." Everett said, looking at the baby again. She was too innocent to deserve all this drama.
--
"And I want to help unpack my things." Dominic told her.

Claire had gotten up early, not feeling well. She was scared it could only mean one thing. She came back from the drug store and took a pregnancy test, she sat in the bathroom as she waited for the results.
--
"Well given the circumstances, it sounded like she's going to go to jail for a while," Callie said.
--
Emma rolled her eyes before she continued to put her clothes on hangers.

Rhys went upstairs to look for Claire. He didn't remember much after getting home from the bar and he wanted to know what happened. "Claire?" he?called as he knoed on their bedroom door.
-
"She needs rehab more than she needs jail." Everett said.
-
Dominic unpacked the box and went to get the next one from the hallway.

Claire closed her eyes and let out a sigh of relief when the test showed negative. She quickly threw it in the trash when she heard Rhys, "Yeah," She said as she walked back into their bedroom.
--
"Well yeah, but she needs to pay the time for her crimes," Callie said.
--
Emma finished putting her clothes in the closet before going to start on the kitchen.

Rhys opened the door but stayed in the doorway incase she was mad at him. "Since I woke up in the guest room, I'm guessing we had a fight." he said and rubbed his head. "I don't remember anything after getting home last night."
-
"You sound like a public service announcement." Everett chuckled.
-
Dominic was annoyed by her silent treatment but stayed in the bedroom to give her some space.

Claire let out a sigh, "I was actually trying to sleep in the guest bedroom," She told him, "But you fell asleep trying to talk to me."
--
"The reporter coming out I guess," Callie shrugged.
--
Emma filled the cabinets as much as she could reach, it was tedious only being able to lift one plate or cup at a time.

"Oh." Rhys nodded. "If I said anything out of line, I'm sorry. I don't remember any of it."
-
"Reminds me of when we first started dating. You really grilled me." Everett laughed.
-
Dominic put his clothes away until Lennox started to whine at his feet to be fed. He went to the kitchen and grabbed his bowl and a bag of food from one of the boxes. "I'd offer to help but I know that somehow makes me a jerk." he said when he saw Emma trying to reach the higher shelves.

"You weren't out of line until you called me Alexa," Claire told him.
--
"I couldn't help it," Callie shrugged with a chuckle.
--
"You're more of an asshole than a jerk," Emma said as she continued, not liking his snarky comment.

"I called you Alexa?" Rhys went wide out. "What did I say?"
-
"I liked your strong personality. I still do." Everett laughed.
-
"I'm an asshole for helping you and looking out for you? Got it." Dominic rolled his eyes.

"You said something about our contract and I said I wouldn't leave you because I actually love you and care about you. I told you I want to be married to you and that when you said I want to be married to you too Alexa," Claire told him.
-
"Thanks," Callie chuckled as they continued to walk.
-
"It's the way you help and try to," Emma told him.

"l'm sorry, I was wasted. You know I wante to be married to you, right?" Rhys asked her. He didn't want her thinking he was still in love with Alexa.
-
"You're welcome." Everett laughed. "Want to walk to the ice cream shop?"
-
"What am I doing wrong?" Dominic asked frustratedly. "I try to help you and you get pissed."

"I think deep down you never got over Alexa and how she hurt you. I think seeing her the other day might have brought back those feelings," Claire said.
-
"Sure, an ice cream cone would be good," Callie said.
-
"It's the way you try to help me Don, you tear me like some little kid or some damsel in distress," Emma said.

"Don't overthink this. My drunken brain got your names mixed up, thats all." Rhys told her.
(does she tell him aout her pregnancy scare or should he find the test in the trash or something?)
-
"The kids will be jealous if they find out we got ice cream without them." Everett laughed.
-
"I don't mean to do that but how do you think it makes me feel when you get mad at me for even?trying?" Dominic pointed out.

(I think he should find it)
"Whatever Rhys," Claire said before she grabbed her jacket to head out for the day.
--
"I'm sure they've had plenty of treats at your parents' house," Callie pointed out.
--
"What do you think I do when you're not here? Just sit and wait for you to get home and do it for me?" Emma asked him.

?"Where are you going?" Rhys asked her.
--
"They love to spoil them." Everett laughed.
-
"Why is it so hard to accept help when its offered?" Dominic pointed out. "you don't realize I want to help you because I love you."

"Out for the day, I have errands to run before I leave for LA," Claire told him.
--
"They're probably going to be in sugar comas when they get home tomorrow," Callie said.
--
"Because I don't need help all the time," Emma said, "You want to do everything for me to make it easier but you don't have to."

"I can go with?you.." Rhys offered but knew he'd be shut down.
-
"That might not be so bad." Everett said.
-
"I'll stop helping then." Dominic told her. "I won't help at all if thats what you really want."

"No, it's okay," Claire said before heading down the stairs and out to the town car.
--
"As long as they've been brushing their teeth," Callie said.
--
"I'm just saying, when I ask for help, that's when you know I need it," Emma said, "I won't need it unless I ask."

Rhys went to the bathroom to take a needed shower to ease his throbbing head.
-
"They won't brush their teeth without being told." Everett said
--
"Sometimes you're too proud to admit you need help." Dominic pointed out.

Claire headed out for her errands, she got a lot what she needed done and luckily it helped keep her mind off things. She came home a few hours later.
--
"True, they need to get better at that," Callie said.
--
"Sometimes," Emma reiterated to him.

Rhys had found the pregnancy test in the trash can after his shower and decided to wait until Claire was home to confront her about it. When he heard her come in, he walked to the front room to greet her. "Anything interesting happen today?"
--
"We could take away their allowance until they take more responsibility." Everett suggested.
-
"I don't like seeing you struggle." Dominic pointed out.

Claire jumped a little when she heard Rhys as she shut the front door behind her, "Hello to you too?" She said as she handed the housekeeper her shopping bags.
--
"I guess," Callie shrugged, "Maybe stop reminding them too, see how long it takes them to realize."
--
"You don't have to protect me all the time," Emma reminded him.

Rhys pulled the test from his back pocket. He was too mad to play nice. "You didn't think to bring this up this morning?"
-
"I don't think the dentist would be happy with that." He laughed.
-
"why is it so bad that I want to?" Dominic asked her.?

Pages PREV 1 . . . 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 . . . 72 NEXT

Reply to Thread