Gossip Girl

Pages PREV 1 . . . 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 NEXT

"I think it'll be best," Claire said soflty as she turned to look at him.
--
"You don't have to compliment me all the time," Callie said,
--
"I guess," Emma teased.

"I don't want this to change us." Rhys said as he stepped closer to her.
-
"But I should. It's a quality of a good husband." Everett pointed out.
-
"I could start looking for someone else if you're not sure?" Dominic joked.

"It already has," Claire told him as she looked down at her feet.
--
"Don't expect me to compliment you all the time," Callie teased with a smirk,
--
"Don't even joke like that," Emma chuckled.

"It doesn't have to." Rhys said, wishing he could change this. "We're happy together. Can't we let that be enough?"
-
"I don't." Everett laughed and heard the baby wake up through the monitor. "You want to grab the stroller and I'll grab Sage?"
-
"you know I don't want anyone else." Dominic said sincerely. He couldn't imagine not being with her.?

"I want more than just to be happy with you though," Claire said, "How can we just forget that I love you but you don't love me back?" She asked.
--
"Okay," Callie said before she went and grabbed the strolled, setting it up so they could go.
--
"I know," Emma said with a nod.

"You make it sound like I hate you." Rhys said and shook his head. "I care about you as much as you care about me."
-
Everett got Sage ready and put a blanket around her so she'd be warm outside. He grabbed a pacifier with his free hand and went downstairs to find Callie. "You ready?"
-
"And you don't want anyone else either right?" Dominic teased. It was nice to hear sometimes.

"Then you'd be able to tell me how you feel," Claire pointed out.
--
Callie finished tying her shoes before standing up, "Yep, I'm all set," She told him.
--
"Of course not," Emma told him, "Unless I meet Zac Efron on the subway then I can't make any promises," She teased.

"I really like you." Rhys said, taking her hand. "You make me happy and I don't want to be with anyone else so it shouldn't matter what I say or don't say."
-
"Us too." Everett said and put the baby in the stroller.
--
"Thats why I'm accompanying you on the subway." he teased.

Claire shook her head as she pulled her head away, "You don't get it," She told him softly before heading upstairs.
--
Callie opened the door so he could get the stroller out before closing it behind them.
--
"You don't have to," Emma said.

Rhys watched her walk away before going back to fix himself another drink.
--
"Where do you want to go?" Everett asked as they got outside.
-
"We already talked about this. I'm going with you as much as I can." Dominic reminded her.

Claire went and got ready for bed before grabbing her pillow and heading down to the guest bedroom to sleep for the night.
--
"Just around the block I guess," Callie shrugged.
--
"It's really not necessary," Emma told him, "I can do it alone, what about the days you're at work?" She asked.

(lets get him drunk and see what happens)
Rhys downed a few drinks and knocked on the guest bedroom door. He didn't want Claire to be upset with him.
-
"Its nice out today." Everett said as they started walking.
-
"I'll go with you when I don't work." Dominic said. "I don't want someone seeing you as an easy target and mugging you, or worse."

Claire opened her eyes when she heard the knock. She looked at her phone, she hadn't even been asleep for two hours yet. She got up and opened it, "What?" She asked, half asleep.
--
"The breeze feels great," Callie said.
--
"Okay, but what if that happens while you're at work?" Emma asked.

"Can I come in?" Rhys slurred, pressing his forehead against the door as he waited for an answer.
-
"You think the blankets too much for the baby?" He asked, figuring she'd know better than he would.
-
"I know it can happen anytime but at least if I'm with you half the time, we know it won't happen then." Dominic pointed out.

Claire was hesitant for a moment but finally decided to hear him out even though he seemed heavily intoxicated.
--
"No, I think they're fine," Calllie told him.
--
"Dom, I appreciate the gesture, but I can take of myself," Emma told him.

"Claire Bear, open the door." Rhys said, knocking again.
-
"I didn't realize we kept so much of Avery's baby stuff." Everett said.
-
"you think so?" Dominic asked, knowing she was wrong. He quickly reached around her and grabbed her phone from her pocket. "Want me to take your money next?"

Claire rolled her eyes when he called her that as she opened the door to see him leaning against the door frame.
--
"It's hard the throw things like that away," Callie said.
--
"Oh stop trying to make a point," Emma said, "I'm not some kid you need to take care of."

Rhys stumbled a little when she opened the door but he quickly got his balance back. "Claire Bear, lets stop fighting okay? I'm sorry. I'm?a stupid guy and I'm sorry." he slurred as he put his hands on her shoulders.
-
"We've got Oliver's stuff too don't we?" Everett asked.
-
"You're right. You're my girlfriend and I'm going to protect you as much as I can." Dominic reminded her.

"Stop calling me that," Claire said as she ran a hand through her hair.
-
"Not most of it, the stuff we used with Avery I think we do," Callie said.
-
"But you don't have to come with me to the subway," Emma told him.

"I'll stop calling you Claire Bear if you forgive me" Rhys grinned.
-
"Did you think we'd ever have another kid?" Everett asked curiously.
--
"Why does it bother you so much that I want to look out for you?" He asked her.

"There's nothing to forgive you for," Claire said, "It's fine, you're drunk, go to bed."
-
"No," Callie said with a shake of her head.
-
"Because everyone else already does that, I get help and pity looks from everyone else and I don't need it from you," Emma told him.

"No, you're still mad at me and?I won't have an unhappy wife" Rhys told her. "Come on, lets make up."
-
"I always thought we would." Everett admitted. "Somewhere down the road I thought we'd have a third."
-
"Thats different. I don't look at you with pity, I look at? you like I want to protect you because I love you." Dominic explained.

"There's nothing to make up Rhys, were on two different levels right now," Claire told him.
-
"I didn't want another after Avery," Callie told him.
-
"I understand and know you love me," Emma said, "I just don't need to be protected all the time, I don't need help all the time," Emma said getting frustrated.

"No we're not." Rhys mumbled. "We're the same."
--
"She wasn't entirely planned." Everett said and eyed the baby in the stroller. "I guess our next one wasn't either."
-
"I know you don't need help but you're not thinking this through." Dominic pointed out. "You can't protect yourself from someone determined to rob or assault you."

"We don't feel the same about each other and that's okay," Claire told him, just needing to get him to bed.
-
Callie looked at Sage for a moment, "Would you ever consider getting a vasectomy?" She asked.
-
"I lived ?in Australia by myself for 6 months, I think I know how to take care of myself," Emma said.

"Yes we doo." Rhys mumbled. "Don't stay here. Come back to our room."
-
Everett was taken aback by her question but he thought it over before answering. "I'm willing to look into it. Is that what you want?"
-
"That was before." Dominic said softly. He hated that she never considered her limitations.

"Rhys go to bed before you say something you regret in the morning," Claire told him.
-
"It's an easier procedure and cheaper than me having my tubes tied," Callie told him.
-
"When I had 2 arms," Emma said, she shook her head, ready to go home.

"go to bed with me." He said, pulling her hand as he stumbled to the bed.
-
"You sure you won't ever want another kid?" Everett asked her. "Say we work this all out and end up happier than ever and decide we want one last child. You don't think that could happen?"
--
"Emma, I know you can do anything you could do before but you have to admit you can't defend yourself the same way." Dominic explained.

"You're not going to make it to work in the morning," Claire told him, knowing he was going to have a terrible hangover.
-
"I'm sure," Callie told him with a nod.
-
Emma shook her head, "I don't need to be defended like some child."

"I don't care. They can't fire me." He laughed.
-
"I'll ask my doctor about it." Everett said, although he hated the idea.
-
"Fine but I'm still going with you Monday morning." Dominic said, not wanting?a fight because she was too proud to admit she had a disability.

"I really need to go to sleep," Claire told him, "You're heavily intoxicated, we don't need to talk right now."
--
Callie nodded as they continued their walk.
--
"Whatever," Emma said as she rolled her eyes.

"See. You're mad at me." Rhys sighed and laid back on the bed.
-
"I know its hard but we need to talk about Svetlana. Eventually she'll want to see the baby. How do you feel about letting her?" Everett asked nervously.
--
"Maybe we should go home now." Dominic said.

"I'm not mad at you, it's just really late and we can't talk like this," Claire said.
-
"That's on you and the judge to decide how her visiting goes," Callie told him.
-
"Yeah, we should," Emma said.

"Just don't leave. Would you ever leave me?" Rhys asked, looking over at her.
-
"But how do you feel about it?" Everett asked. "Sage is going to grow up knowing either you or Svet as her mom."
-
Dominic took his phone out to find the directions back to their building.

"I can't leave you," Claire told him.
-
"How do I feel about what?" Callie asked.
-
Emma followed beside him as Lennox walked on the leash in front.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 NEXT

Reply to Thread