Gossip Girl

Pages PREV 1 . . . 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 NEXT

Rhys turned the alarm off and pulled himself out of bed to go shower. "Go back to sleep."
-
"I found the old playpen too." Everett told her,
-
Dominic kept Lennox in the apartment and locked the door behind him. "This looks like a nice neighborhood." he noted as they got outside.

Claire had already fallen back asleep by the time he got up to get ready.
--
"I knew that was up there, I told you that yesterday," Callie said.
--
"You know I did plenty of research into finding a place," Emma said as they walked.

Rhys got dressed in a suit and left for work after he saw that Claire was still asleep. He didn't want to wake her to say goodbye.
-
"Thats how I knew it was in there." Everett said and ate his pizza.
-
"I'd still prefer you live back home." Her mother added. She was nervous for her baby to be in a big city.
"We'll be fine here." Dominic assured her.

(oh there should be a big game or sports thing out of state and Emma has to fly there to cover it but shes scared of flying)

Claire woke up a few hours later, she answered some emails all from the bed on? her ipad. She couldn't help but go look on Alexa's social media pages. She knew she had nothing to worry about but she just wanted to see.
--
Callie nodded finishing two slices of pizza before going to wash her plate. She put it on the drying rack before going to the fridge to get something to drink.
--
"Yeah, and who knows what'll happen after this internship is over," Emma shrugged, she hoped it turned into a real job but she knew it was up in the air.
(yeah sounds good)

"Do you start the meds today?" Everett asked her.
-
"There are?a lot of job opportunities here. You could do anything." Dominic pointed out.

"Yeah, I already took one in the car," Callie told him as she poured herself a glass of lemonade from the fridge.
--
"We'll have to see I guess," Emma said, "What about this place? It looks like an old-fashioned italian diner," Her dad said.

"So you just take one a day?" Everett asked.
-
"Oh this looks lovely." Her mom said, peering through the window.

"Yeah, in the mornings," Callie said, taking a sip of her drink.
--
"WEll let's go in, I'm starving," Eric said with a chuckle. Emma laughed as she followed the rest of her family inside.

"Same meds as last time?" Everett asked.
-
"this is nice." Dominic said and pulled a chair out for Emma before sitting beside her.?

"Yeah but a higher dosage," Callie said plainly, taking another sip of her drink.
--
"I hope the food is good," Emma said as she opened a menu.

"That should help." Everett said.?
-
"we'll find out." He said and looked at the menu.?

"We'll see," Callie shrugged before putting her empty cup in the sink.
--
Emma looked over the menu as a waitress came over and took their drink orders.

(Should Claire have her pregnancy scare? Or should we bring Alexa back in somehow first?)

"You don't think it will?" He asked her.?
-
"what are you most looking forward to here besides your internship?" Emma's mother asked after they ordered their drinks.?

(Either. Maybe she has the pregnancy scare and it creates some distance with them and he starts talking to Alexa again?)

Claire sat and worked on her schedule for the next month. She was scheduling appearances and meetings with designers and boutiques all around the city even some out in Los Angeles. Two weeks on vacation and she didn't even keep up with the days there, she realized on her calendar that she was late, but she chalked it up to stress or a changing schedule and let it go for now.
--
"It might," Callie said, "But what if it doesn't," She could help but think about that.
--
"Getting to know the city," Emma said, "It's so different from home." After living in Australia for a semester in college she found a passion for travel even still after the plane crash.

Rhys finished up all of the important items for the day and decided to take the rest of the afternoon off to go home to Claire. After the drama over Alexa, he wanted to make it up to Claire. "Hey what are you up to in here?" he asked as he walked in.
-
"If it doesn't, we'll try something else." Everett assured her.
-
"I'll miss having a car though." Dominic chuckled. It was useless having one in the city and they needed the extra money from selling it.

Claire looked up, "You're home early," She smiled as she put down her pen and kissed his cheek.
--
Callie nodded as she leaned into him, wrapping her arms around his middle.
--
"We won't need it, it would just sit parked forever," Emma pointed out.

"I wanted to see you." Rhys said and pulled out some flowers behind his back. "I thought you might like these."
-
Everett held her rubbed her back. He wanted to fix everything and hated that he couldn't.
-
"Makes a nice decoration." Dominic teased her.

"Oh wow, you really know how to suck up," Claire teased and took the flowers, "They're beautiful."
--
"I think I'm going to light some candles and read a book," Callie said, not being able to relax in a really long time.
--
"Yeah, no," Emma said with a chuckle.

"Years of practice." Rhys teased and wrapped his arms around her.
-
"I think that would be good for you." Everett said, knowing she needed to relax.
-
"I'm sure we'll get used to the subway." He said.

"Thank you for the flowers," Claire said with a smile before pecking his lips.
--
"I haven't gotten to sit down and have a moment to myself in a really long time," Callie chuckled.
--
"And the bus, and walking," Emma chuckled.

"You're welcome." Rhys smiled at her. "You working on your blog?"
-
"You deserve it." Everett added.
-
"You could take up cycling." Dominic pointed out.

"No, just filling in my planner," Claire told him, "I've got to go to LA next week for a few days, a boutique wants me to come and style their store," She grinned.
--
"Thanks," She smiled, "So if you need me I'll be upstairs," She told him before heading upstairs.
--
"So many people to bob and weave through, it would stress me out," Emma chuckled.
(I just realized they probably got so much money from the airline and from doing any kind of interview that he wouldn't need to sell his car for money lol)

"Thats exciting." Rhys said. "I don't think I can go with you. I have a lot of work to catch up on."
--
Everett cleaned up after lunch and tended to the baby while Claire relaxed.
-
"Walking will be pretty much the same." Dominic shrugged. They'd have to bob and weave through everyone on the street all the same.

(maybe they haven't gotten the settlement yet from the airline?)

"I didn't ask you to come with me," Claire smirked.
--
Callie sat and read one of her favorite books, it'd been awhile. She finally pulled herself away and placed a bookmark before blowing out the candles and heading back downstairs.
--
"But much easier than on a bike," She chuckled.

"You didn't have to. I know you want me to." Rhys teased back at her.
-
Everett was catching up on the news when he saw Callie come downstairs. "How was your book?"
--
"Not as fun though." Dominic pointed out.

"Keep thinking that babe," Claire teased before pecking his lips and taking the flowers to put in a vase.
--
"It was good," Callie said, "I almost burnt through an entire candle," She chuckled.
--
"Safer," Emma smirked before the waitress came around to take their orders, Emma handed her the menu once she did so.

"You just want to hook up with your LA boyfriends huh?" Rhys teased her.
-
"We've got plenty of those." Everett laughed.
-
Dominic placed his order and handed up his menu. He noticed the waitress eyeing Emma's arm but didn't say anything. It was normal for people to stare and he didn't want to upset Emma.

(i wish some of the old members would come back. theres so many characters and ideas i want to play out but its so hard with just 2 people)

"Oh yeah, that's definitely it," Claire said as she added some water to a vase and placed the flowers inside.
--
"This one is the lavender one, it's one of my favorites," Callie told him before sitting beside him on the couch.
--
Emma didn't even notice the stares, she was used to them by now. She got caught up in a conversation with her brothers.

"When are you leaving?" Rhys asked her.
-
"Doesn't lavender help people to relax?" Everett asked.

"Next Tuesday and I should be back that Thursday," Claire told him as she fixed the flowers to look just right.
--
"Yes, and it smells heavenly," Callie said.

"That's not long. You don't want to stay and visit for a few days?" He asked her.
-
"We'll have to get more." He laughed.

"I've been to LA numerous times." Claire pointed out, "It's just business," She smirked.
--
"Sounds good to me," Callie said as she leaned her head back on the sofa.

"You don't like LA?" Rhys asked.
-
"I thought I saw some the other day in the desk drawer." Everett told her.

"I never said I didn't like it," Claire pointed out.
--
"Why would they be in the desk drawer?" Callie asked.

"Thats why I asked." Rhys pointed out.
-
"I think I put them there when I was cleaning up." Everett laughed.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 NEXT

Reply to Thread