Gossip Girl

Pages PREV 1 . . . 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 NEXT

"You like it," Claire said, pecking his lips before whacking him with the pillow again.
-
"Hi Dr. Page?" Callie said, "Hello Callie. And how did you two fair the first night?"

"Do I have a choice?" Rhys laughed and grabbed the pillow from her to hit her with it.
-
"We had some rough moments." Everett admitted. "Thats why we wanted to call you..Callie started having panic attacks again."

"No you don't," Claire laughed as she held her arms out to brace the pillow hitting her.
-
"I had two last night," Callie told her. "Oh, have you had any serious ones before Sage got there that you haven't told me about?" She asked, "A few but they weren't as bad as the two yesterday," Callie explained.

"See. Thats why you're mean." Rhys laughed and tossed the pillow at her.
-
"Should she start taking some medication?" Everett asked. He didn't know what else to do for her.

(off to bed)

Claire caught the pillow and threw it to the end of the bed, "You make it so easy," She teased.
-
"Let's talk a little more before we jump to writing prescriptions," Dr. Page told them, "Tell me about the attacks yesterday Callie," She said. "The first one was in the early afternoon when we finally settled Sage in her room, I was sitting on the bed and I was just thinking over everything and all of a sudden I couldn't breathe."

"Thats no excuse." Rhys laughed and plugged his phone into the charger beside the bed.
-
"So that was the first attack? Tell me about the second one." Dr Page said, scribbling some notes as she listened.

"It's goijg to be my excuse," Claire smirked.-
Callie looked at Everett with a silent chuckle, she knew she shouldn't feel awkward, "That one happened while I was kissing Ev," She told her.

"Why did I marry you?" Rhys teased her.
-
"Really? What do you think brought that on?" Dr. Page asked curiously. "I must have that effect on her." Everett teased, hoping to lighten the mood.

"Because you had too," Claire chuckled.
-
Callie shook her head as she nudged him, "I don't know, we were just on the couch talking things over, Oliver's birthday coming up, our anniversary coming up."

"Shoulda said no." Rhys teased, shaking his head.?
--
"so both times it happened were instances when you were thinking about the future?" Dr Page clarified.?

"No you shouldn't have!" Claire squealed with a chuckle.
-
"Yeah, I guess so," Callie said.

"Why? You love being married to me?" He smirked jokingly.
-
"everyone is afraid of the future. It's fear of the unknown. Combine that with all the stress you've undergone and I'm not the least bit surprised your panic attacks are back." Dr Page explained. "You need to focus on the now and don't let your thoughts get ahead of you. Everything will work out in its time, you don't need to have all the answers right now."

"It has its perks I guess," Claire teased as she rolled closer to him.
-
"It's easier said than done, I can't help but overthink things," Callie told her, she couldn't stop the thoughts in her head.

"I guess it does." Rhys smirked and put his arm around her.
-
"You can help it if you keep a concious connection with your thoughts. Redirect yourself when you find yourself thinking about the future. You can't control anything else but you can control yourself, your thoughts, and your actions." Dr. Page explained softly.

Claire rested her head on his chest, "You smell nice," She told him softly.
--
"I also have to think about my husband and my two children and my job and our family and our lives outside of this house," Callie said, "It's not so simple being a mom Dr. Page, especially when you have a family as active as mine."

"Thank you." Rhys smiled and pulled the blanket up. "You smell nice too."
--
"would you be able to come in to see me today? I think we should speak in person." Dr Page told her.?

"Well thanks," Claire said with a chuckle as she got comfortable.
--
Callie looked at Everett before looking back to the phone, "Yeah, I can come in today," She told her.

"You're quite welcome." Rhys smirked at her.
-
"can you be here in an hour? I've got an opening." Dr Page asked.?

"Do you know what would be so good right now?" Claire said against his chest.
--
"Yeah, I can be there," Callie told her.

"What's that?" Rhys asked, looking down at her.
-
"I'll see you soon." Dr Page said before hanging up.
"I'm glad she wants to see you." Everett told her. "I think she'll help a lot."

"Ice cream," Claire said as she looked up with a grin.
--
Callie just sighed, "I just think she wants me to talk about my feelings more when all that does it make me more anxious."

"What kind?" Rhys asked as he pulled himself out of bed to grab it.
-
"she's a therapist. Let her do her job." Everett said softly.

"Whatever kind is down there," Claire said as she got up to follow him down to the kitchen.
--
"I understand that, but she's just going to keep telling me to stop focusing on the future which is what I am trying to do but it's not that simple," Callie said, getting a bit flustered.

"I have every kind." Rhys teased and turned the hall light on to go downstairs.
-
"well, what do you think will help?" Everett asked, wanting to know what to do for her.?

"We've been home for two days and you told them to get every kind of ice cream?" Claire asked with a raised eyebrow.
--
"I don't know," Callie said, running a hand through her hair, "I don't want to be anxious, I wish I could be like you, so calm and collected about everything. I don't know how you can just go with the flow."

"Not every kind. Just the good ones." Rhys explained.
-
"I swallow it mostly." He said. "I have to stay calm and collected and so I just push everything down and hope for the best."

"False advertising then," Claire teased with a smirk as they got to the kitchen.
---
"I just can't do that," Callie told him, she sighed once more before looking at her watch, "I should get ready to head to her office."

"No its not." Rhys laughed and opened the freezer. "Pick your poison."
-
"I can drive you." Everett offered.

Claire looked over the choices in the freezer, "I'll have strawberry," She smiled.
-
"No, Sage is asleep," Callie told him, "No need to wake her up, I can drive myself."

"Want any syrup?" Rhys asked, grabbing the icecream.
-
"She sleeps best in cars." Everett told her.

"No, I'll take a little whipped cream on the top if we have it," Claire said.
-
"I promise, I'll be fine," Callie told him as she got up to grab her shoes.

"Of course we do." He said and grabbed it from the fridge.
-
"Need me to do anything while you're gone?" Everett asked.

"Perfect," Claire smiled as she put a few scoops of strawberry into the bowl before putting the carton back in the freezer.
-
"Um, I never got around to do the laundry yesterday," Callie told him.

"You really like strawberries huh?" Rhys said and grabbed a spoon for her.
-
"I can do that." Everett nodded.

"Yes I do," Claire chuckled as she topped her scoops with whipped cream, "Which flavor did you decide on?"
-
"Thanks," Callie smiled, "I guess I'll see you after."

Pages PREV 1 . . . 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 NEXT

Reply to Thread