Gossip Girl

Pages PREV 1 . . . 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 . . . 58 NEXT

"Sounds boring." He teased and kissed her shoulder to her neck. "I liked the text you sent me."
-
"What do you think we should do?" Everett asked as he dried off.

"I'm glad," Claire said in another simple tone, never looking up from her tablet.
--
"You're your own boss, maybe try to work from home," Callie suggested, "Look for a nanny," She said, before looking over, "One who's old and like a grandmother, rather than young and does beauty blogs."

"Alright, what did I do?" Rhys teased?He didn't know why she was being cold but he he knew didn't do anything wrong either.
-
Her words stung but he ignored it. He didn't want to make things worse. "I can't work from home but I'll see if I can get a nanny. I'll bring?Sage to work with me if I have to."

"Have you checked your phone?" Claire asked, "Specifically Instagram."
--
"You need to do an extensive interview process for a nanny," Callie said, "We need to look at how much we'd be able to pay as well."

"No, I never check it." Rhys said and rolled over to grab his phone off the night stand. He scrolled through and found the picture of him and Alexa. "You're mad at me over some picture from Gossip Girl?"
--
"What about Michelle?" Everett reminded her. "Don't think she'd be willing to nanny?"

"Yes and the caption doesn't help," Claire said. *
I guess a two week island getaway wasn't enough for Rhys, made him miss his old life. No one likes to stay tied down anymore. You know you love me, xoxo*
--
"You can see, she is a college student," Callie pointed out.

"You know thats bullshit." Rhys pointed out. "Alexa's doing the 30 under 30 story. We were just catching up."
-
"I'll find someone." Everett said. "My parents might watch her during the day."

"Still it's not something I want to see," Claire said, "And, you said you were interviewed for the 30 Under 30 this morning before lunch," She told him.
--
Callie sighed, "Please don't think I'm nagging, I'm just thinking about everything," She said, "Given your parents ages are you sure they can take care of a baby, they're in their 70s."

"I was. We had drinks after work because we're friends and we haven't talked in a while." Rhys explained.
-
"It was just a thought." Everett said, leaning against the sink. "I'll try to take a few days off this week to find a nanny or daycare."

"Now I'm calling bullshit," Claire said, "You two are not friends, given that you were depressed for months after she dumped you."
--
"I just think that you're used to me making a lot of the decisions around here, thinking things through," Callie said, "But this is all you now, you have to think clearly and carefully about everything."

"That was 6 years ago." Rhys reminded her. "We're not best friends but we get along now. We were just catching up, theres nothing to be jealous over."
-
"I am." Everett assured her. "I told you I'd take care of Sage and I meant it."

"You get along now?" Claire said, "Just yesterday on the plane you acted so surprised because you hadn't heard from her in years and now you're friends after a couple of drinks?"
--
"I know, I just get worried about you," Callie admitted, "This is all new for you."

"Why are you so upset over this?" Rhys asked her. "We did the interview and she asked to go meet up for drinks."
-
"I have two other kids. You might know them, Oliver and Avery." Everett teased. "I can handle this."

"Because I saw how much it hurt you when she left," Claire said, "And you didn't tell me you were meeting up with her and I had to find out from a gossip sight so now it makes both of us look bad to everyone."
--
"You know what I mean Ev," Callie told him with a sigh.

"So write about it on your blog. Laugh at how ridiculous it is." Rhys told her. It was the best they could do for damage control.
--
"I will take care of everything. You don't need to worry." Everett assured her.

"I'm not writing about this on my blog, it's not some joke," Claire defended.
-
Callie nodded, "Okay," She said simply before heading to their closet to get dressed.

"You're making it worse by getting upset. Two friends having a drink doesn't mean you and I are having marital problems like everyone wants to think." Rhys pointed out.
-
Everett dried off and went to his side of the closet to grab some clothes.

"We're not just two normal people, we're in the spotlight almost everyday, can you please just think ahead next time?" Claire told him.
-
Callie changed into a blue sundress and before going to fix her hair and do her makeup.

"I'm sorry. I'll do better." Rhys promised. "Can you stop being mad at me now?"
-
Everett changed into a pair of jeans and a gray t shirt for the day. It was nice to be out of his suits for once. "How do we find a nanny? Do we put out an ad or call an agency?"

"Fine," Claire said, putting his kindle on the nightstand and rolling over to face him, "Just let me know you're meeting up with her next time, please."
-
"I found Michelle through a website, we could make a profile saying we're looking for a nanny, that way it has verified background checks and everything," Callie said as she applied her mascara.

"I will. We didn't make any plans to meet again." Rhys told her. "I probably won't even hear from her unless it's about the article."
-
"I'll start on that today." Everett said. He wanted to get everything taken car of to lessen Callies stress.?

"Good," Claire smirked, "Other than that, how was your first day back at work?" She asked.
-
"Okay," Callie said simply with a smile as she finally finished up getting ready.

"It was good. Especially lunch." Rhys smirked at her.?
?

"Yeah, it was alright I guess," Claire teased.

"It was great." Rhys smirked at her and tugged at her pajamas. "Still wearing it underneath?"

"No, because it's not comfortable to sleep in," Claire said.
-
"I'm going to give Dr. Page a call," Callie told him.

"You don't have to sleep in it." Rhys smirked.
-
"Do you want me to talk to her?" Everett asked.

"I'm really not in the mood to do anything that involves outfits like that," Claire told him, biting her lip.
-
"Maybe we can put her on speaker and talk to her together," Callie said, "Maybe you should call so she sees your number since I called yesterday."

"You're still mad at me over Alexa?" Rhys pouted.
-
"Why does that matter?" Everett asked her.

"Not really," Claire said, "I just don't want our relationship to be all physical," She told him.
-
"I don't want to look so needy," Callie told him.

"It hasn't been physical most of our lives." He pointed out and rested back on his pillow.
-
"You don't." Everett chuckled. "But we'll call her from my phone if that makes you feel better."

"I know," Claire said, "I don't know," She chuckled, "I don't have some excuse to give you, I just really want to relax right now."
-
"Thanks," Callie smiled.

"its okay. I know you're not attracted to me." Rhys teased her.
-
Everett grabbed his phone and called Dr Page as he put the phone on speaker.

"Oh shut up," Claire chuckled as she grabbed a pillow and hit him with it.
-
"Everett, weird hearing from you on a Saturday," Dr. Page said when she answered.

"Like I said, you're mean to me." Rhys teased her.
-
"Callie and I wanted to check in with you. We had our first night here with Sage." Everett told her, looking to Callie.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 . . . 58 NEXT

Reply to Thread