Gossip Girl

Pages PREV 1 . . . 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 . . . 58 NEXT

"Okay," Alexa said before she ordered a third, and most likely her final drink of the night.
--
"I don't really think that's something to tease about given the circumstances," Callie said.

"So why did I get number 17 instead of number 1 on the list?" Rhys joked.?
-
"I'm sorry." Everett said and looked at the baby, who was happily drooling on his shirt.

"You're total net worth," Alexa told him simply.
--
Callie just nodded as she went back to eating her breakfast. She heard the phone ring and got up to answer it, "Hi mommy!" Avery said into the phone, "Hey Aves, what are you doing up so early on a Saturday?" She asked her.

"Interesting." Rhys nodded and sipped his drink.
-
Everett listened to Callies end of the conversation when Sage got fussy. He quickly carried her into the other room so the kids wouldn't hear her cry.

"What?" Alexa smirked, "Think you should be higher than number 17?" She teased.
--
Callie continued talking to the kids before hanging up. She started to clean up the kitchen.

"Yes I do." Rhys smirked. "I'm successful and I'm running my own company now."
-
Everett calmed the baby and brought her back to the kitchen. "How were the kids?"

"So are the other 16 in front of you," Alexa chuckled, "They've just got a little bit more money than you do," She said, "If you had the Reed company I'm sure you'd be top ten.
--
"Good, you're dad is taking them out for pancakes," She told him as she washed the dishes.

"Thats not mine to take." Rhys pointed out.
-
"When do they want us to pick them up?" Everett asked her.

"Well you two are marrried now, I'm sure it's been spoken about," She said.
-
"Your mom said she'd bring them by tomorrow around 12," She told him.

"Its come up." Rhys nodded. "But like I said, nothings been decided."
--
"I'm sure they're having fun." Everett said.

"One of the guys I was seeing works for the Times," She said, "Is it true the company almost went bankrupt?" She asked.
-
"Sounded like they were, Avery said they rented movies last night," She told him.

"I know better than tell a columnist about that." Rhys smirked.
-
"They're going to be wired when they come home." Everett sighed.

"I write for a women's magazine," Alexa chuckled, "But I think it's true if you're not even going to try to deny it."
-
"Yep, two wired kiddos and a newborn in the house, wishing I was in my 20s again so I could keep up," Callie said.

"I'm not?confirming or denying anything." Rhys told her. "My father in laws company is his own business."
--
"We'll make it work." Everett assured her.

"Okay, okay, I believe you," Alexa chuckled, holding her hands up in surrender.
-
Callie just nodded before she dried off the dishes and put them away.

"Thats surprising." Rhys laughed.
-
"Do you want some help?" Everett asked her.

Claire looked at the time and wondered why Rhys wasn't home yet. She had figured he was catching up on all of his work over the last two weeks. She decided to take a picture of herself that wasn't too revealing, but just enough for him, "Quit working so hard and get home to me," She smirked as she sent it.
--
Alexa laughed, "Because I'm talking to you as a friend not a journalist," She defended.
(Instead of sending a blast, we'll just say Gossip Girl DMed Claire with picture of Rhys and Alexa at the bar)
--
"It's already done," Callie said as she closed the cabinet.

Rhys checked his phone and smiled at the his text from Claire and wrote back to her, *I'll be home soon.*? "This is my last drink. The wife wants me home." he told Alexa.
--
Everett nodded and heard his phone going off. He grabbed it to see it was from his office. "I might need to go into work for a couple hours." he said, hoping Callie would be okay with that.

"The wife," Alexa said with a chuckle at the way he said it.
-
Claire received a message on her Instagram from Gossip Girl, it was a picture of Alexa as Rhys drinking at a bar. She shook her head and went and changed into her pajamas before getting in bed.
-
"On a Saturday?" Callie asked him, she thought they'd take this whole weekend together.

"Thats what she is." Rhys laughed. "Still can't get over it huh?" he teased her.
-
"There's a problem with a buyer." Everett said. "I'll call him and see if I can figure out whats going on. Can you take Sage?"

"I just think it's funny you used that instead of her name," Alexa chuckled with a shrug.
(Is he still going to tell her about the arrangement?)
-
Callie just nodded as she took the baby from his arms. She took her upstairs and rocked her in the chair.

(should he do that now or another night? Claire could get angry and there could be some tension, which drives him to see Alexa again and get drunk)

"Its a term of endearment." Rhys shrugged. "I like calling her my wife because I'm very happy with her."
-
Everett called the office to get patched through to the buyer.

(That works for me)
Alexa smiled once more, "I can tell," She told him.
-
Callie rocked the baby until she fell asleep. She placed her in the crib before heading to her bedroom to make the bed and shower.

"I can't tell if you're being sarcastic." Rhys said, trying to figure her out.
--
Everett finished up with his call and went back upstairs to check on Callie and the baby. "I'm sorry that took so long." he said as he went to the bathroom to brush his teeth while she showered.

"I'm not being sarcastic," Alexa told him, "I promise."
-
"Did you get it all worked out?" Callie said from the shower.

"I appreciate that." Rhys said and finished his drink. "I should go."
-
"Yeah. The buyer wasn't happy with the price but I talked him down. Some people forget 500 year old artifacts aren't cheap." He smirked and started brushing his teeth.

"Tell the Mrs. I say hi," Alexa joked before finishing her drink as well.
-
Callie finished her shower before drying off and wrapping a towel around her as she stepped out.

"I will." Rhys lied and left money on the counter for his drinks before heading home.
-
"how long has the baby been asleep?" Everett asked as he rinsed his mouth.

Alexa finished off her drink before paying her tab and heading home.
-
"About ten minutes before I got in the shower," Callie said as she combed through her wet hair.

Rhys got home and was surprised to find all the lights off. He went to their room to see Claire already in bed. "You awake?" He asked quietly as he got undressed to go to bed.
--
"she'll probably be out for a while." Everett said, assuming he had enough time to shower.

Claire looked up from her kindle when Rhys got in the room, "Yeah," She said simply.
-
Callie nodded as she tighten the towel around her before grabbing the hair dryer. She shut the bathroom door so the sound wouldn't carry.

"Why are you in bed this early?" He asked as he stripped to his boxers and climbed in beside her.
-
Everett took a quick shower to wake himself up while the baby slept.

"I was bored, thought I'd read," Claire shrugged not looking up from her kindle.
(We'll say it was a GG blast instead of a message so everyone can see it and she has a reason to be mad lol)
-
Callie finished drying her hair, "What are you going to do with Sage when you have to work?" She asked.

"Yeah? Read anything interesting?" Rhys asked, wrapping his arm around her.
-
"I don't know." Everett said, turning the water off and pulling a towel around his waist. "I'll put her in daycare I guess."

"Just Lauren Conrad's newest book," She told him simply.
-
"At 3 week's old? Not just any daycare I hope," Callie said.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 . . . 58 NEXT

Reply to Thread