Gossip Girl

Pages PREV 1 . . . 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 NEXT

"If you loved me like you claim you did, why did you decide the single?life was better?" Rhys asked her.
(i cant remember if we ever said why they broke up)
-
Everett fell back asleep briefly before waking up to Sage crying. He rubbed his eyes and quickly went to tend to her so she wouldn't wake Callie.

"I wanted to achieve my success without you," Alexa told him, "I knew by being with you I could have any job I wanted in the city, but I wanted to work for it."
-
Callie stayed asleep, not even hearing Sage cry.

"Thats bullshit." Rhys laughed. "What was your plan? Wait until your editor in chief and then get back together with me?"
-
Everett sat in the rocking chair after he put Sage in a clean diaper. He closed his eyes as he rocked her back to sleep.

"It's not," Alexa said, "I never planned on getting back together with you because I knew you'd move on after me, which you did. After being single for awhile and working my way up to where I am now is what made me decide that I liked being single. I have dated people after you Rhys, more than just casually," She chuckled.
--
Callie woke up the next morning to a pounding headache. She rolled over and saw that Everett wasn't there. She got up out of bed to see that he was fast asleep in the rocking chair. She went downstairs and got herself some advil before making a bottle for Sage. She went back upstairs and woke Everett up softly.

"If we've both moved on, why are we even keeping in touch?" Rhys asked. He didn't need to keep getting?hurt by her.?"I'm married and you're over me so what are we doing here?"
-
Everett opened his eyes and took a moment to realize he was still in the?nursery. "What time is it?" he asked, gently picking up Sage from his chest.

"I just wanted to see how you were doing," Alexa told him, "It's been six years, can we not catch up like adults?" She asked. She sensed he was getting a little defensive and she wanted to know why.
--
"7:30," Callie told him softly as she handed him the bottle.

"We can, I just don't see why." Rhys shrugged and got another drink.
-
"I didn't mean to fall asleep in here." Everett said as he took the bottle.

"I'm not asking to be your best friend," Alexa said, "I was doing the courteous thing and asked you to a drink to catch up, I don't want anything else out of it." She told him, 'If that's not the answer you want then we can both go home now."
--
"You were tired, not used to waking up in the middle of the night anymore," She said softly as she leaned against the crib.

Rhys sipped his drink and set the glass down quietly. "I wouldn't expect any other answer from you." He told her. He was used to being disappointed.
-
"how did you sleep?" He asked her.?

"Why are you getting so defensive over this Rhys?" She asked, "Were you expecting me to come and say I never got over you, that I made a mistake?"
--
"Alright I guess, sometimes I felt like I was only half asleep," She told him, "What about you?"

(sorry I'm slow to reply I'm using my phone)

"I don't expect anything from you anymore." He said honestly. He was tired of waiting for an apology or some type of closure.
-
"I slept okay." He shrugged before feeding the baby.

"I'm glad you're happy, you deserve to be," Alexa told him again, 'I wish you and Claire nothing but the best."
--
"Do you want anything for breakfast?" She asked.

"You sound sincere." Rhys said, suprised by her.
-
"I'll make something." He said. "You hungry?"

"Because I'm being sincere," Alexa told him, taking a sip of her martini.
--
"Yeah, but feed her and I'll make breakfast, it's fine," Callie said.

"I appreciate that." Rhys said honestly.
-
"Thanks." Everett said, adjusting Sage so she could drink easier.

"You're welcome," Alexa smiled.
-
Callie headed down to the kitchen to make breakfast for them.

Rhys sipped on his drink and looked around. "Its been a while since we were here."
-
Everett let Sage finish her bottle before bringing her downstairs.

"I was here a few weeks ago," Alexa chuckled.
-
Callie was cooking them French toast when Everett came downstairs.

"I meant together." Rhys pointed out.
-
"Thanks for making her bottle." Everett said as he walked into the kitchen.

"We haven't been anywhere together in six years,@ She reminded him.
-
"It's not problem," She told him.

"Thats the point." Rhys told her. "Been that long."
-
"I would've made it if I woke up." Everett laughed.

"I think that's the point when people break up?" Alexa pointed out.
-
"It's really okay," Callie said as she finished the French toast.

"And yet here we are. Catching up." Rhys smirked.
-
"I'll call Dr. Page in a few hours." Everett said as he sat down.

"Here we are," Alexa smirked back.
-
Callie nodded as she made their plates for breakfast, "Orange juice, milk, or coffee?" She asked him.

"What do you do when you're not working?" Rhys asked.
-
"Coffee." Everett said before yawning.

"I take advantage of work perks, like free concerts and shows," Alexa said.
-
Callie nodded before pouring him a cup, adding the cream and sugar like he liked.

"And you're able to do all that without dropping my name?" Rhys teased.
-
"She won't go back to sleep." Everett said, seeing the baby wide awake.

"Yes, I get to drop my own name," Alexa smirked.
-
"Well it is morning, it's good she's up for the day," Callie told him.

"Hows that feel?" Rhys asked her.
-
"I guess so." Everett laughed. "I would have liked to sleep in."

"Fantastic," Alexa grinned, taking another sip of her drink.
--
"Those days are gone," Callie chuckled as she sat to eat her breakfast.

"I'm impressed at how much you've done." Rhys admitted.
-
"We should just get a nanny." Everett teased her.

"You sound surprised by it," Alexa said.
--
"We already have Michelle," Callie said, mentioning the babysitter she hired a few years ago to help her out when Everett was gone so much.

"Not suprised really." Rhys shrugged. "I knew you'd be successful."
-
"She's not a live in nanny who tends to the baby for us." Everett teased her.

"Thanks," Alexa smiled, finishing off her second martini, "Should I order a third or are you going to be getting home?"
--
Callie just gave him a look, "You wanted the baby Ev," She told him softly.

"I can stay a bit." Rhys said after checking his phone. There was nothing from Claire so he assumed she didn't mind him staying out.
-
"I do want her. I was teasing." Everett said. He was hoping she'd lighten up and relax her anxiety.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 NEXT

Reply to Thread