Gossip Girl

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 39 NEXT

"That would be great. Thank you." Maggie told him.
--
"I'd be okay with it if he or she wanted to stay in there a few more years." Everett teased.
--
Jules wasn't sure if she should but coffee was innocent enough. "Sure."

"I'm wonderful now that you two are here." He said kindly. "You've really inspired a lot of students you know."
--
"So where does Johan stand on having kids?" She asked curiously.

"We're nothing special," Claire said with a chuckle.?
--
Hailey shrugged, "We've only talked about it briefly," She told her, "I don't want them for awhile, but you never know."?

"You're both very admirable. Don't sell yourself short." The headmaster told her.
--
"Sometimes I feel like I'm ready and then other times I feel like I won't ever be ready." Elle said.

(have to go for a bit)

Claire just gave him a soft smile before placing her hand on top of Rhys', "Well, thank you very much."?
-
"How many do you and Finn want to have?" She asked.?

After Olsen hung up the phone he called the firms car service to go pick Maggie up.
---
"Well you only got six weeks." The doctor smirked "Your first?" The doctor asked him

"You two let me know if you need anything. I've got some business?I need to tend to." The headmaster told them.
--
"2. A boy and a girl ideally." Elle laughed.
--
Maggie got inside the car and waited anxiously. She wasn't sure how all of this would go.
--
"Uh 3rd actually. Our first together." Everett admitted.

Devina smiled "Cool I know a great little cafe around the corner."
---
Olsens assistant met Maggie in the firms parking garage "Right this way." She lead Maggie up to one of the conference rooms "don't say anything let Mr. Carmichael do all the talking."

"Meet you there in an hour?" Jules suggested.
--
"Okay." Maggie nodded. "Should I have anything to worry about?"

(oh i thought that her agency should try fight the deal or offer less than agreed because she slept with one of their photographers so they add that she knowingly broke her contract to get ahead or she got pregnant on purpose in order to blackmail her agency into getting money and attention or something?)

(I actually had a similar idea. Except that she broke some sort of fine print morality clause by getting pregnant out of wedock)
"Just let Mr. Carmichael debreif you. I just get the coffee." The assistant told her
---
"Sounds good." Devina smiled.
---
"Ah second marriage." The doctor said "Well if you want to change into a gown we can pop on down to the ultrasound room and get you a picture of that baby."
---

(whichever =P )

"Oh. Okay." Maggie said. "Thank you."
--
"I should get back." Jules said. "I'll see you soon."
--
"You want to do that?" Everett asked Svet.

(We can do all of the above if we want)
"Hey. They'll be here soon." Olsen said when he saw Maggie "We've just got to go over what were going to talk about."
--
"See ya Jules." Devina smiled. This girl was really cute.
---
"Yeah. We don't need to find out the sex. But we can still get a picture of the non junk area." Svetlana pointed out.

(okay =] )
"What am I supposed to say?" Maggie asked him.
--
Jules smiled as she went back to finish the show. Once it was done, she checked her makeup and went to the cafe to meet Devina.
--
"I don't think we'd be able to tell even if it did." Everett laughed.

"I'll do most of the talking." Olsen told her "You just look victimized."

---
Devina went home and changed before heading over to the coffee shop.
---
"Speak for yourself." Svetlana laughed "Im actually secretly a doctor."

"How do I do that?" Maggie asked him. She didn't learn that face through modeling.
--
Jules sat at a small table and tried not to smile too bright when she saw the cute girl walk in. "Devina, over here."
--
"You like to think so." Everett laughed.

Olsen laughed "Just sit quietly I'll handle it."
-
"Hi." Devina smiled "Did you order anything yet?" She asked as she sat down.
---
Svetlana took the hospital gown amd quickly changed into it. She didn't want to take up too much of Everetts time on a work day.

"You should've started with that." Maggie laughed.
-
"No I just got here." Jules told her.
--
Everett checked the time and knew he had to leave soon but he wanted to see the ultra sound.

Olsen laughed "This won't take too long. Have a seat." He said motioning to the conference table.
---
"Ok. It's on me then." Devina said "What do you want?"
---
"This won't take too long." The doctor said "Hop up right here."

Maggie did as he said and sat down. She was nervous but she trusted Olsen.
-
"How about a blueberry scone and a coffee?" Jules asked.
--
Everett sent a?text to one of his associates so he could have more time. Even if this was quick, he still had to make it across town to get back to work.

The head of the modeling agency walked in with their lawyer "Good afternoon everyone. I hope we can get this sorted quickly."

"Sounds perfect." Devina smiled going up to the register.

---
The doctor squeezed Gel on Svetlanas stomach and moved the wand around "There's your little baby."

Maggie stayed quiet and let Olsen do all the talking like she'd been told. "Why don't you tell us exactly what you're seeking?" The agency's lawyer asked.?
--
"thanks." She smiled before turning her phone on silent. She didn't want to be interrupted.?
-
"That's amazing." Everett smiled at the screen.

"Well my client feels as if her contract was broken by you in a less than legal manner." Olsen began "I'm not sure if you are aware of the Americans with Disabilities act but you cannot terminate someone because of their health and being pregnant falls under that category. My client is looking for some kind of compensation in the matter."
---
Devina came back with food for both of them "So Jules. You gay or?" She asked putting it all out on the table.
---
"Look at the little peanut." Svetlana smiled.
"Let me just print off a picture for you to take home." The doctor smiled.

"I'm sorry you've been misinformed by Miss McBride but she?was not fired for simply?being pregnant." The lawyer explained as he slid Olsen the contract with a highlighted portion. "She was fired for breach of contract. As you can see we have a morality clause. My clients run a modest, family oriented agency. They do not?accept?employees who are?unable to?represent those?values. Miss McBride is not married?and she got impregnated out of wedlock,?by one of the photographers- which breaches another clause in the contract. She knew this?would break her contract and?the fact that we're sitting here today proves that?her sole objective?was to seek as much money and fame?as possible from the moment she signed on and pursued a relationship with the photographer."
"Thats not true." Maggie snapped in frustration.
--
"What?" Jules laughed in embarressment. She was terrified at the thought that a stranger could tell. "Why would you think that?" she asked casually.
--
"Thank you." Everett said but kept his eyes on the screen. He couldn't believe his 3rd kid would be here so soon.

Olsen sighed "With this new information I'll ask to reschedule this meeting." He said "Unless you want this to go to court."
----
"Well. I mean you're here having coffee with me. And don't think I didn't see you checking my ass out. My gaydar is on point." Devina smiled.
---
"I'm gunna frame this." Svetlana smiled as she was handed the picture.

"Lets schedule another meeting before we talk about a trial." The lawyer pointed out.
--
Jules tapped her coffee cup as she thought of what to say. "I like to keep my private life private" she told her. "I date who I want but I don't disclose it to the public..or my family for that matter."
--
"Where are you going to keep it?" He asked her.

"I think that would be best." Olsen smiled smugly.
---
"So you WERE checking out my ass though." Devina grinned
---
"My apartment? Why do you want it?" Svetlana asked him

"I think you'll come to your senses and drop this." The lawyer said before exiting with the angency's president.
--
"Maybe a little." Jules laughed.
--
"I meant what room are you going to put it in?" Everett explained.

"Ok. So that's a bit of a roadblock. You didn't tell me that stuff." Olsen told Maggie.
---
Devina smiled "Good."
---
"I don't know. My bedroom I guess." Svetlana shrugged.

"I didn't think it mattered. I was still fired for being pregnant." Maggie pointed out.
--
Jules laughed and took a bite of her scone. "You should try this."
--
"I have to get back to work soon. Do you want me to give you a ride home?" Everett asked her.

"It's something we have to work on." Olsen said "We can still win this. We just have to work a little harder. Is there anyway we can contact the father. This photographer?" He asked.
---
"Oh we're sharing food now?" Devina grinned "Are we on a proper date now?"
---
"No it's ok. I have a few errands to run before I go home. I don't want to keep you." She told him.

"I don't think he'll be helpful." Maggie told him. "He doesn't want anything to do with me or the baby."
(ooh what if she wins the case and later?the father petitions for custody because she has all this money and he just wants sole custody so she'll have to pay him child support or something?)
--
"You tell me." Jules smirked as she took?another bite.
--
"I'll see you later." Everett said before kissing her softly and heading out.

(Oo interesting. Also i think the photographer should still work there so that their case is like you didn't fire him for breaking the morality clause and that's how they win.)
"Does he still work for the agency?" He asked.
---
"Yeah I think it's a date." She grinned.
---
Svetlana got changed into her clothes and headed out of the clinic. She had a feeling that Everett didn't really want this baby. He was more concerned about his wife finding out than anything else.

(yesss!)
"I think so. He was working there the last time I saw him." Maggie told him.
-
"Well since we're on a date, tell me more about yourself. I only know that you're a writer." Jules laughed.

"But he broke his contract too. You didn't get yourself. Pregnant. I think we can work with this." Olsen grinned.
---
"Um. My Dad and brother are both lawyers. I try and get them to cover as many gay rights suits as they can but I mean my Dad at least is still super conservative." She told her.

"How?" Maggie asked. She felt like the whole meeting was a trainwreck.
--
"Thats how my parents are." Jules told her. "Its why I can't tell them anything."

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 39 NEXT

Reply to Thread