Gossip Girl

Pages PREV 1 . . . 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 . . . 55 NEXT

Claire woke up when Rhys assistant tapped her on the shoulder to inform them that they were landing soon. She looked out the window and smiled as she saw the city skyline coming into focus.
--
Callie tried to breath, "Svetlana got arrested for doing drugs last night, the police gave Ev custody so she wouldn't have to go into foster care," She told her.

Rhys rubbed his eyes as they were awoken to land. "that went by quick." he laughed.
-
"How do you feel about welcoming Sage into your home?" Dr. Page asked her.

"Thankfully," Claire said, "As much as I didn't want to leave Jamaica I'm so happy to be home."
--
"I don't know," Callie said, "I would never want her to go into the foster system, but we're not ready, I'm not ready," She told her, "Just last night Everett brought up the idea of us having another baby thinking it would fix things and we got into it over that."

"I am too." Rhys said before letting out a yawn.
--
"Callie listen to me." Dr Page started. "You are only obligated to take care of yourself, not Everett and not his child. But if you're willing to take this on, you can't do it with one foot in the relationship and one foot out the door."

Claire buckled her seatbelt as they prepared for landing, she loved watching it from the window.
--
Callie closed her eyes while she was at a red light, reopening them and taking a deep breath once it turned green. "Everett can't take care of a baby by himself, I basically raised Oliver and Avery alone," She told her, "I just don't want this to draw more of a wedge between us."

Rhys held her hand as the plane landed. It was always his least favorite part of flying.
-
"You can't control what he'll do but you can take a hard stance on what you need from him and what you're willing to give." Dr Page said.

Claire looked over at him and squeezed his hand, she could tell he didn't like landing.
--
Callie pulled into the driveway and closed the garage door behind her car, "He's going to use this baby for everything now," She told her, "I just know it anything I bring up he'll throw Sage into it to guilt me into or out of doing something. That's just how he is."

Rhys took a deep breath as the plane landed and he looked over at Claire. "Thanks."
-
"You're allowed to say no." Dr Page said. "Tell him you're not going to put up with any sort of manipulation but don't do it in a fight. This is where you and Everett need to communicate."

"Always got your back babe," Claire grinned as she unbuckled and stood up.
--
"I just feel like every time we take a half step forward we take 10 steps back," Claire said as she got out of the driver's seat.

"I appreciate that." He said as he stood up.
-
"Do you think that you might be choosing that outlook in order to self sabotage?" Dr Page asked.

Claire smiled a they were led off the plane and into a town car. She was surprised traffic wasn't that bad as they headed home. Once they were back and their bags were inside Claire looked at Rhys, "So are we going to nap in your room or mine?" She smirked.
--
Callie shook her head, "I don't know," She told her, "The kids last night I think finally made him realize what he had done wrong, so he took us all out for dinner and then took the day off today. I was shocked and confused that just one talk with our son got him to see all of his errors and want to change everything. We got in the argument about having another baby but we talked it through. I let him sleep in our room last night, I woke up this morning actually hopeful." She told her.

"My rooms bigger." Rhys pointed out with a grin. "Want to move your stuff there?"
-
"so what you're saying is that he's made progressed when facing situations with you." Dr Page stated more than asked. "Now you're facing a new situation with him, with bringing Sage to live with you, yet you're certain this won't work out."

"Oh wow, I get to share a room with you?" Claire teased as ane wrapped her arms around his middle, "I want to but maybe later, I really just want to nap in a bed," She said with a pouted lip.
--
"I don't know what I'm saying," Callie said, "How am I supposed to tell the kids - can we go ahead and schedule next weeks visit for an hour longer than usual? We're going to need it."

"I thought you'd be hungry." Rhys said and walked them to his bedroom.
-
"I'll add it the schedule myself." Dr Page assured her. "As for the kids, they don't need to know about the private details of your relationship, including Everett's affair. Its quite possible Sage's mother will try to get her back so for the time being, you could tell the kids you're fostering her."

"I am a little bit, but I'm so exhausted," Claire said as she followed behind him.
--
Callie took a deep breath, "You make everything sound so easy," She scoffed, Thank you for taking my call, I'll see you next week." She said before handing up and getting Sage and her carrier out of the car.
?

"Lets sleep first then." Rhys said and climbed into bed.
--
Everett got back to the house with crib and all the baby stuff he could find in their storage unit. He grabbed the items from the store and brought them inside. "Callie, you here?"

Claire took her shoes off by the bed before crawling in beside him.
--
"In the living room," Callie called, she was sitting on the couch looking down at Sage sleeping in her carrier, trying to process all of her thoughts.

Rhys pulled her close and wrapped his arm around her.
-
"I got everything out of storage." Everett said as he picked up Sage from her carrier and let her sleep on his chest.

"Sleep tight," Claire chuckled before getting comfortable and closing her eyes.
--
"Okay, we can set it up in the spare bedroom," Callie said softly.

"Don't let the bed bugs bite." Rhys smirked, kissing her head before closing his eyes.
-
"I'll put it together." Everett said as he sat down with the baby. "What are we going to tell the kids?"

Claire fell asleep in his arms, the bed being so much better than an airplane seat.
--
Callie ran a hand through her hair, "Dr. Page said to tell them that we're fostering her and we don't know how long she'll be here."

Rhys fell asleep and didn't wake up until after dark. He tried not wake Claire as he reached for his phone to check the time.
-
"You called Dr Page?" Everett asked. He was concerned about how much she ran to her for help.

Claire felt Rhys move and let out a yawn, "What time is it?" She asked when she realized it was dark out.
--
"Yes because I was freaking out," Callie said, "I had to talk to someone and don't say I can talk to you because it's not that simple," She told him.

"Almost 9." Rhys said. "Still want to go out to dinner?"
--
"What else did she say?" Everett asked curiously.

Claire wiped under eyes, she couldn't help but laugh, "We napped until 9?" She said, "I am starving but by the time we get ready we're not going to be able to get a nice dinner."
--
"She thinks I'm self sabatoging," Callie said, "Our appointment next week is two hours long by the way by my request."

"Want to order in?" Rhys suggested.
-
"Think we really need a two hour appointment?" Everett asked her.

"I guess we're going to have to," Claire said, "Or we could go somewhere that's not so nice and probably be around tourists," She told him.
-
"Yeah, I think we do," Callie said.

"Whatever you want." Rhys smirked and sat up.
-
Everett left it alone and looked at the baby. "She sleep the whole time?"

"Or we can order a pizza and move my stuff in here," Claire suggested with a smirk.
--
"Yep, didn't make a peep," Callie said simply.

"What kind of pizza do you want?" Rhys asked as he looked up the number to call on his phone.
-
"Still haven't held her?" Everett asked, though he already knew the answer.

"Ham and pineapple," Claire said with a smile before getting up to head to her room.
--
"No," Callie said softly, she didn't think she could right now.

Rhys ordered the pizza and went to Claires room to get some of her things. "It'll be here in 30 minutes."
-
"Do you want to?" Everett asked, hoping she'd warm up to her.

"Perfect," Claire said as she looked around her room, "So how should we do this?" She asked, "Do you want this to be completely a guest bedroom again, or should I leave half my stuff in here, or?"
--
"Not yet," She told him, she couldn't even look over at them together.

"Whatever you want to do." Rhys said. "I want you to be comfortable."
-
"I'll start setting up her room." Everett said and put her back into her carrier.

"I don't want to completely take over your room and for you to be uncomfortable," Claire told him.
--
Callie sat on the couch, she looked down st the baby when Everett left the room. She couldn't believe this was her life at the moment. She started thinking about what they were going to tell their kids. She snapped out of her thoughts when she heard Sage start to cry. She sat for a moment longer before finally picking her up out of her carrier.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 . . . 55 NEXT

Reply to Thread