Gossip Girl

Pages PREV 1 . . . 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 . . . 43 NEXT

"What hour is that?" Rhys laughed and moved to sit beside her.
-
Everett took the call in the other room before returning a few minutes later. He set the phone down and looked to Callie. He didn't know what she was going to say to this. "Callie, can we talk in private?"

"11am, 2pm, and 8pm are all prime times to post," Claire told him.
--
Callie was confused but nodded as she got up to walk into the living room.

"Is there a study done on this?" Rhys laughed, finding it a little silly.
-
Everett spoke quietly so the kids wouldn't here. "That was the police department. Svetlana was arrested last night, I guess she was doing drugs at a party and she left the baby in the car alone while she did it."

"Yes, there was," Claire chuckled as she continued to type up her latest post.
--
Callie's eyes widened, "What, are you serious?" She asked, "Did you know she did drugs? Did you ever do drugs with her?" She asked, "How could she leave a baby in a car?"

"You put a lot into all this stuff." Rhys said as he watched her type.
--
"Slow down." Everett said, putting his arms on her shoulders. "I knew she did drugs in the past but I never saw or did drugs with her." he explained. "The police said I need to pick up Sage or she'll go into a foster home."

"I've made a brand for myself off of social media," Claire told him, "I have a lot of pull in the fashion world now."
--
Callie took a deep breath, "What," She asked not believing this, "I need to get the kids off to school," She said, we have to figure out what we're going to tell them," She felt like she was going to throw up, "We don't have anything to take a baby in right now."

"I don't care for social media but you're good at what you do." Rhys pointed out.
-
"I can get everything we need." Everett said. He didn't want to lose her to foster care. "Callie, she's my daughter."

"Thank you," Claire said as she finished up the post, she put the picture of the two of them on her Instagram page before attaching the link to her blog, "It's up, you should check it out."
--
Alexa was enjoying a bagel and coffee with a coworker when she saw Claire's post go up. She didn't know why she followed her, she told herself it was because of her brand and the magazine did a lot with her but she knew it was because of Rhys too. She felt a strange feeling in her stomach when she saw how happy the two of them looked in it, something came over her and she commented before she could process the repercussions, "We used to take after sex selfies too."?
--
Callie closed her eyes, "I would never let her go into foster care, in just in a little bit of shock right now," She said, "Go get her, I'll run to Target and grab some things for her," She told him.

Rhys opened his phone and looked up Claire's post before seeing Alexa's comment. He didn't know why she would write something like that.?After she broke up with him, he assumed she was over?him?and the girls he?dated.?"Can you delete comments?" he asked Claire.
-
"I'll meet you there." Everett said, making a mental note of things they'd need. "We still have Avery's crib in storage don't we?"

"Yeah, why?" Claire asked, she had the notifications turned off since she got so many likes and comments on her posts.
--
"Yeah, and the play pen is in the attic if we can't get to the storage unit today," Callie told him.

"Alexa made a comment I think you should delete." Rhys informed her before showing her with?his phone.
-
"I'll get it all today." Everett nodded. "Thank you for this." he was grateful she was letting Sage live with them.

"What? I didn't even know she followed me," Claire said as she took his phone to look, "Oh my gosh, why would she comment that?" She asked as she took her phone out to find her comment and delete it.
--
Callie just shook her head, "Don't thank me Everett," She said, "We have a lot more now to talk about now," She sighed before heading back out to the kitchen to get the kids off to school.

"I don't know. I can call her when we land." Rhys said, knowing he was going to talk to her about this whether Claire liked it or not.
-
Everett went back through the kitchen and kissed his kids goodbye before going off to the police station to pick up Sage.

"I don't think that would be best," Claire told him, "I think it's just a dumb, jealous comment."
--
Callie got her kids on the bus before heading to the store to pick up the baby items they'd need.

"I'm going to ask her about it. She shouldn't be bothering us with those types of comments, especially when this is your job." Rhys explained.
-
Everett drove to the store with Sage and found Callie inside. "Hey..I guess its time you officially meet." he said, placing the car seat on the cart.

(i picture this to be Sage- https://www.polyvore.com/cgi/thing?id=16865627&tab=collections )

Claire shook her head, "Let's just ignore her, she probably just wants attention or something," She said.
--
Callie took a deep breath before looking over at the baby, she looked exactly like Everett, "Wow, she just looks just like you," She said, starting to feel uncomfortable.

(What a cute baby, I guess we should have Oliver and Avery too? Avery -?https://www.polyvore.com/mouse_ears_minnie_polka_dot/thing?id=208392268
Oliver -?https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=https%3A%2F%2Fi.pinimg.com%2F236x%2Fb3%2F89%2F89%2Fb38989007f7a8a85b89e52424242fb7a--step-children-male-haircuts.jpg&imgrefurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.pinterest.com%2Fpin%2F452048881329133358%2F&docid=qs2-cz47iWSi4M&tbnid=2kyylgoKmxb4xM%3A&vet=10ahUKEwjN-rOWvtrVAhVE4CYKHbQ5AkIQMwicASgrMCs..i&w=233&h=350&hl=en-us&client=safari&bih=559&biw=375&q=auburn%20haired%20boy&ved=0ahUKEwjN-rOWvtrVAhVE4CYKHbQ5AkIQMwicASgrMCs&iact=mrc&uact=8 )

"I don't care, that doesn't make it right." Rhys said.
(either now or in the future Claire should accuse Rhys of using this as an excuse to?talk to Alexa because he still has feelings for her and not because he really wanted to defend Claire)
-
"I don't think she looks like anyone." Everett shrugged. He thought she looked like him too but he didn't want to say it. "Do you want to hold her?"

"Babe if I'm not worried about it you shouldn't be either," Claire said.?
(I think later bc now i don't think she expects that)
--
Callie shook her head, "Not here," She said, she wasn't ready.

(i thought so too)
"I'm just going to call her later and ask her about it." Rhys said. "You don't have to be a part of it if you don't want to be."
-
"I'll take care of her, you won't have to do anything for her." Everett said, trying not to make her anymore uncomfortable.

"I'm not going to be, I don't care what she comments," Claire said as she leaned her head back in her seat to get comfortable.
--
Callie just nodded, "I think I get everything she'll need," She said as she looked in their cart.?

"Were there any good comments?" Rhys asked curiously.
-
"What else do we need?" Everett asked, not knowing what she already picked.

"There's always great comments, people love me," Claire teased as she looked over at him with a smirk.
--
"I got everything," Callie said, "Diapers, a few new outfits, bottles, sheets for the crib and formula."

"I bet they do." Rhys smirked and pecked her lips.
-
"We ready to go then?" Everett asked.

Claire smiled against his lips, "I can't wait to get home with you and for us to finally be a real couple," She said as she grabbed his hand.
--
"Yeah," Callie said softly as they headed to the register.

"I can't either." Rhys smiled at her.
-
Everett started putting their stuff on the counter as the checkout girl smiled at Sage. "Your baby is so cute!"
"Thank you." he said politely and glanced to Callie to see how she'd react.

Claire grinned at him before leaning her head back on the seat.
--
Callie just looked at Everett as she put the items on the belt.

"What do you want to do when we get home?" Rhys asked.
-
Everett paid for the items and walked outside. "I know I said I'd do everything but do you care to bring her back to the house? I can go get the crib from storage."

"Nap," Claire smirked as she looked back over at him, "Then tonight maybe go out for a nice dinner."
--
Callie nodded, "Yeah I can take her," She said as they headed to her car.

"I'd like that." Rhys smiled at her.
-
"Thank you." Everett said and got to her car. He got Sage's carseat set up in the back.

"I think it'd be nice," Claire said.
--
Callie closed the door once everything was secure in place, "I'll see you when you get home," She told him before getting in the drivers seat.

"I think it would be nice too." Rhys noded.
--
"I'll see ya." Everett said and went to his car.

"Would you be mad at me if I slept the rest of the way?" Claire asked with a smile.
--
Callie pulled out and headed home, feeling completely overwhelmed, she decided to call their therapist since she was the only person that knew what was going on in their lives.

"Not at all." Rhys said. "I might sleep too."
-
"Dr Page speaking." The therapist answered when she saw it was the Leventhals number.

"Good," Claire chuckled before closing her eyes.
--
"Dr. Page, it's Callie, I really need to talk to you," She told her, feeling like she was going to have an anxiety attack, "I'm currently on the way home with Sage in the backseat, Everett is going to our storage unit to get an old crib."

Rhys got up to grab a blanket before sitting back down next to Claire.
-
"I need you to take a deep breath." Dr. Page said calmly. "Now, start from the beginning and?tell me what's going on."

Pages PREV 1 . . . 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 . . . 43 NEXT

Reply to Thread