Gossip Girl

Pages PREV 1 . . . 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 . . . 47 NEXT

"Yeah, you can just toss everything in the bag, I'll put my makeup in there in the morning before we leave," Claire told him as she went into the living room. She picked up their bathing suits off the floor and couch before putting them in the dyer.
--
"It tastes better straight out of the carton," Callie chuckled.

Rhys grabbed her things and started putting them?in her bags. "How many clothes did you bring?" he asked, picking up more and more clothes.

"It really does." Everett laughed and took another bite. "Tonight was really nice. Felt like it used to feel."

"We were here for two weeks," Claire defended with a smirk as she walked back into the room and laid on the bed.
--
"Don't say things like that Ev," Callie told him, "We're starting over, I don't want to think of how things used to feel," She said softly before taking another bite of ice cream.

"So you brought two years worth of clothes?" Rhys teased at her,
--
"Things used to be really good..we can start over and get back to that." Everett pointed out softly.

"Oh shut up," Claire chuckled before tossing a pillow at him playfully.
--
"When I was a struggling news reporter living paycheck to paycheck who met the art nerd," Callie said with a pathetic chuckle.

Rhys zipped her bag and got into bed beside her. "Did you have fun here?"
-
"And we became successful and had two amazing kids." Everett added. "..we could always have more kids. We were closest when Oliver and Avery were newborns."

"I had so much fun," Claire told him with a grin as she rolled on her side to face him, "Thanks for getting me out of the city for awhile."
--
"I don't think a baby would fix this," Callie told him, "Plus, I'm thirty-six and Oliver is going to be ten next month."

"You're welcome. I'm glad you liked it." Rhys smiled at her.
-
"My parents were 40 when I was born." He pointed out.

"It helped me feel like I had my old life back," Claire told him softly, "Before my dad ruined everything," She said, "Thank you for that."
--
"And look at your relationship with them," Callie pointed out, not meaning to be rude, "I just don't want another baby, the kids are getting bigger and our jobs are demanding, I don't think a baby would fix what happened between us."

"You don't have to feel like everything's ruined. We can have anything we want in the world." Rhys pointed out. He wanted her to be happy.
-
"it wouldn't fix it but I think it would help." Everett said honestly.

"You're too sweet to me," Claire told him before kissing him softly.
--
"I'm not having another child Everett," Callie said in a serious tone.

"Thank you." Rhys smiled and kissed her back softly.
-
Everett stayed quiet and put his spoon in the sink. He was about to go upstairs when he stopped and looked back at Callie. "I'm really trying, ya know? I'm trying to fix us and make you happy but you don't want any part of it. What the hell am I even doing this for?"

Claire kissed him for a moment longer before resting her forehead against his, "Goodnight," She said in almost a whisper.
--
Callie looked over at him, "Because we still love each other," She said softly before looking down at her feet, "I don't know how to fix us, I don't know what to say or what to do," She told him, "I told you how I feel, I'm completely shattered Everett. I can't promise that we'll be exactly like we were when we were passionately in love. We got too caught up in everything, trying to live this perfect life." She sighed, "All I know is that if I didn't want us to work I wouldn't be standing here right now."

"Goodnight." Rhys smiled and closed his eyes.
-
"Then you have to let me in." Everett said softly and moved closer to her. "You're angry with me all the time. I don't know how to fix us either but we both have to try."

(my internet is being so slow!)

Claire rolled over and fell asleep.
--
Callie placed her hands on his arms, "If I let you in you can't push things," She told him, finally looking up, "If I say I'm not comfortable with something just don't push it."

Rhys held her close and fell asleep after her.
-
"I won't." Everett assured her. "The baby thing was just an idea. I wasn't trying to pressure you."

Claire woke up the next morning with the sun coming through the window, she had meant to close the curtain last night. She smiled to herself as she felt Rhys wrapped around her, still asleep.
--
Callie just nodded before stepping closer to him, resting her head on his chest.

Rhys heard his alarm and reached over to smack it quiet. "We have to leave soon." he said without opening his eyes.
-
Everett wrapped his arms around her and rested his head on hers.

Claire turned into him with a smile, "It's your plane, can't it leave whenever you want it to?" She asked.
--
Callie stood there for a moment longer, taking in his scent, "I do love you Ev," She told him as she looked up, "That's why it's been so hard lately."

"I have to work tomorrow." He reminded her. "Or I could just quit."
-
"I know." Everett said and stroked her hair. "I love you too. I want us to get past this."

"You are the boss," Claire smirked as she sat up in the bed.
--
"It's going to take some time," Callie told him, "It won't happen over night."

"I can't slack. It won't look good for my employees." He laughed.
-
"I know it won't." Everett said and touched her cheek.

"We can't have that now can we," She smirked once more, "Then fine, I won't persuade you any more, I'll just get out of bed and getting ready to go home."
--
Callie looked up at him as she touched her cheek, so many emotions were flooding her mind at that moment.

"We can sleep on the plane." Rhys said as he got out of bed.
-
Everett leaned down and kissed her softly. He wanted to go back to how in love they used to be.

"Oh I wasn't planing on sleeping anymore," Claire smirked before heading into the bathroom to brush her teeth.
--
Callie placed a hand on his cheek as she kissed him back.

Rhys laughed and went to the kitchen to make coffee.
--
Everett was relieved she didn't push him away. He wrapped his arms around her and kissed her harder.

Claire stayed in the bathroom to fix her hair and makeup before getting dressed and meeting Rhys in the kitchen.
--
Callie continued to kiss him, feeling a tear roll down her cheek as she did so. After she found out about his affair she felt like she hadn't been good enough for him and she hadn't felt like this in awhile.

"You want coffee?" Rhys asked as he held out a mug to her.
-
"Are you okay?" Everett asked, stopping as he felt her tears.

"Thanks," Claire smiled as she took the mug and took a sip.
--
Callie nodded, "We haven't done that in a long time," She said softly, wiping under her eyes.

"Tired?" He asked before taking a sip.
-
"I've missed you." Everett said honestly and wiped her tear.

"Do I look tired?" Claire asked, think she may need more concealer.
--
"I've missed you too," Callie said softly as she looked up at him.

"No, I was just asking." Rhys shrugged. "You took the coffee. I thought you might be tired."
-
"We're going to be okay." Everett said, pushing her hair behind her ear.

"I took the coffee because I love coffee," Claire chuckled.
--
Callie nodded before reaching up and kissing him once more.

"I took it because I'm tired." Rhys laughed.
-
Everett kissed her back. He wanted to be close with her again.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 . . . 47 NEXT

Reply to Thread