Gossip Girl

Pages PREV 1 . . . 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 . . . 54 NEXT

"Oh you can?" Claire asked with a smirk as she ate another bite of her pancake.
--
Finn filed all of the necessary paperwork online and paid the deposit while Elle was asleep.
--
"You already gave me up Everett, the moment you decided to have an affair," She told him.

"Little bit." Rhys shrugged.
-
"I wasn't thinking." Everett said softly. "I was selfish."

"You'll have to prove it to me soon then," Claire smiled.
--
"What are we supposed to do, how am I ever supposed to trust you again?" Callie asked him

"I'll make dinner tonight." Rhys suggested.
-
"I don't know how." Everett shook his head. "We'll have to try."

"Sounds good to me," Claire said as she finished up her breakfast.
--
Callie hung her head once more, "What about the baby?" She asked him.

Claire came out on the porch and sat in Rhys' lap, she kissed his cheek as he looked out at the beach, "I don't want to go home tomorrow," She said as she laid her head against his chest. The past two weeks had been perfect and she could feel that she and Rhys truly had a great connection.
--
Callie checked her watch as she sat in the therapist's waiting room. Everett was late and she thought that this wasn't a good start to their therapy session. The last two weeks had been quiet at home. She was so upset and he wasn't doing his best at trying to win her trust back, the kids were even starting to notice their behavior.

"We don't have to go." Rhys said as he wrapped his arms around her. "We could stay longer." He could work from the house if it meant spending more time in their litte paradise.
--
Everett rushed to the therapy session when he realized he was late. It was hard balancing work and seeing the baby during the day so he could be home at night to work on things with Callie. He walked in and took a seat beside her. "Sorry I'm late."

"No, I know you have business to attend to," Claire told him, resting her chin on his shoulder as she looked at him, "Plus, we can't stay here forever."?
--
Callie just eyed him before looking to the secretary, "We're ready Noelle," She said before the secretary went back to grab the therapist.?

"I wish we could." Rhys said as he looked down at her.
--
"I'm sorry. Sage had a check up and it took longer than?I expected." Everett told her. He hoped she'd start caring about his daughter eventually.

"The only way we could do that is if you quit your job and we lived off of our trusts," Claire chuckled, "And I don't think that's a good idea."
--
Callie didn't say anything to him as they walked into the room where the therapist was sitting down, "Godmorning," She smiled pleasantly, "Shall we get started for the day?" She asked them.

"I think that sounds perfect." Rhys teased and held her close.
-
"I want to apologize for being late. Sage had a doctors appointment this morning." Everett told her.

"You'd miss working," Claire told him, "And if miss New York," She said as she looked back out to the beach.
--
"Understandable Everett," Dr. Page said, "But let's start this session focused on you two, how has everything been at home?"?

"We could work here." Rhys pointed out.
-
"Its been okay." Everett shrugged.?"We don't talk much at home."

Claire looked back up at him, "Where are we going to do that?" She chuckled, "Open a snorkel shop?" She teased.
--
"Well, on top of our jobs, our two children and their after school activities, and now his child, it's hard to talk alone at home," Callie chimed in.

"We'll run it from the house." Rhys teased.
--
"And when I try to talk to you, you get angry." Everett pointed out.

"No, we've got to keep business and pleasure seperate babe," Claire smirked.
--
"Because the only thing you seem to talk to me about is the baby, which I want to keep seperate from our lives until we get us figured out," Callie said.

"You sure we can't combine them?" Rhys teased her.
-
"The baby is part of my life. I can't pretend she doesn't exist to make you feel better." Everett told her.

"That would take the fun out of it," Claire said.
--
"I'm not pretending she doesn't exist, I just can't imagine bringing her into our lives with?our?children until we've figured out the two of us," She said, "We have to start over Everett and then talk about how we're going to explain to Oliver and Avery that they have a sister but she is not their mother's child. Have you thought about that? Explaining that you cheated on me to our 7 and 9 year old children?"

"I think it woud double the fun." Rhys smirked at her.
-
"But we can't deal with this if you don't talk to me." Everett pointed out to her.

"You'd want weird tourists all in our little paradise?" Claire asked with a raised eyebrow.
--
Dr. Page put a hand up to pause them, "Let's stop for a moment," She said, "I want you two to turn and face each other," She told them. Callie sighed as she turned to face Everett, "Now, I want you to tell each other one thing you find annoying about the other and something you still love about the other, without bringing up the recent events."

"If it brings in money." Rhys teased again.
-
Everett took a moment to decide on what to say. "I don't like how you put everything else before us but I love what a great mother you are to our kids."
?

"Well I just want this place to be ours," Claire told him as she leaned forward to kiss him softly.
--
"Callie, before you say yours let's look more into what Everett is saying," Dr. Page said, "Everett, what do you mean that she puts everything before you both, can you elaborate on that for us?" She asked.

Rhys kissed her back and pushed her hair behind her ear. "So do I."
-
"Well, she camplains that I work too much but when I'm home she ignores me unless it's to complain about something. I know the kids come first but she doesn't act like she wants around."

Claire smiled, kissing him once more before pulling away, "Let's go for one more swim," She suggested.
--
"Was that before she knew about your affair or in the last few weeks that she's been acting like that?" Dr. Page asked, "Well now we know that he actually wasn't working all the those hours, just screwing his whore," Callie chimed in.

"I have to get changed first." Rhys told her.
--
"This is?why I cheated." Everett said, getting frustrated with her. "she never wants me around- even before I had an affair."

"Well obviously I do too," Claire chuckled as she got off of him to head inside.
--
"I wanted you to be there for our family Everett, you never were!" Callie said, frustrated, "A thing I find annoying about Everett is that I believe he's selfish, and something I love about him..." She trailed off trying to think of something to say.

"We could always skinny dip." He teased her and went to grab his swim shorts.
-
Everett looked over at her and knew what she felt. "You don't love me anymore do you?"

"You said it is a private beach," Claire shrugged as she grabbed her bathing suit.
--
Callie opened her mouth to speak but couldn't find the words. Dr. Page looked over at Callie before speaking up, "Callie, do you feel as if you are staying in this marriage only so Everett cannot be with Svetlana?" She asked her. Callie shook her head, a part of it was that, she felt that he'd run right to her if they got divorced, "No, there are things I love about him, I think my anger is still blinding those things to me. I wouldn't be sitting here right now if I didn't want us to get through this in some way, I just feel like I'm the reason to blame for his affair and that kills me."

"All the more reason." Rhys said and changed clothes.
-
"You're not the reason." Everett said softly. "I am selfish..I need your attention more than I should. You're not the reason I cheated Cal. I am."

"Too bad I'm already changed," Claire teased with a shrug as she came out in her bikini.
--
Callie hung her head as she thought about what to say next, she wiped a stray tear, "Everett, do you still love Callie?" Dr. Page asked.

Rhys came out after her and walked towards the water. "You're really going to miss this aren't you?"
-
"I've always loved Callie." Everett said honestly. "I've never stopped loving her."

(i have to go for a bit)

"Yes, these last two weeks have been perfect," Claire said as she grabbed his hand to walk to the beach.
--
Callie sat and listened, "Can you grab her hand and hold it please for our next exercise?" Dr. Page said.

"We'll come back as much as you want." Rhys told her.
-
Everett took hand and waited for the therapists instructions.

"Now all of a sudden you want to leave?" Claire teased.
--
"Close your eyes," Dr. Page said, "Now, in going to say statements and words, if you feel that way about your partner, squeeze their hand," She said, "Okay, first one, Relaxed," She said, Callie didn't squeeze his hand.

"You kept telling me we had to leave." Rhys pointed out.?
-
Everett didn't squeeze her hand. This wasn't relaxing for either of them.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 . . . 54 NEXT

Reply to Thread