Gossip Girl

Pages PREV 1 . . . 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 . . . 47 NEXT

"Oh is that so?" Claire asked with a chuckle.
--
"I did but I didn't think you'd want to go up all of these steps," Finn told her.

"Yup." Rhys smirked and swam back over to her.
-
"I don't. These shoes look sporty but they're not meant for real work." Elle told him.

"What are you a shark whisperer or something?" Claire teased as she smirked back.
--
"So it's a no to go up to the crown?" Finn asked her.

"You didn't know that by now?" He teased her.
-
"I don't think so." Elle said. "Are you mad?"

"No I didn't," Claire smiled, "I think there's a few things that I don't know about you and I can't wait to find them out."?
--
"Are you not going to want to go up to the top of the Empire State Building too?" He asked her.

"Yeah? Are there things I don't know about you?" He asked her.
--
"It has elevators." She pointed out.

"Yeah, I think there's a few," Claire told him with a smirk.
--
Finn just nodded as he headed to the base of the statue with her.

"Want to share them with me?" Rhys smirked.
--
"I get the feeling you're disappointed." Elle said. He seemed to always be that way around her.

"You've got two weeks to figure them out," Claire said before ducking under as a wave came up on them.
--
"A little," Finn shrugged, "But it's fine, we can just do the lower observation deck," He said, pulling off a smile.

"Sure." Rhys laughed and swam around.
-
"Why don't you go all the way up?" Elle suggested.

Claire went under one more time, "Are we going to stay out here the whole time or are we going to eat at some point?" She teased, even though she was getting hungry.
--
"Because that's not the point of the day," Finn told her.

"yeah what do you want to eat?" Rhys asked her.
--
"I'm sorry, I don't meant to ruin your plans." Elle said honestly.

"A burger," Claire said with a nod after thinking for a moment, "Maybe even one with bacon on it," She chuckled.
--
"Do you even want to be out here with me today Elle?" He asked, "Because we can go back home and drink if you want," He said spitefully, he was over it.

"Want to order out or go somewhere?" Rhys asked her.
-
"Why would you say something like that?" Elle said back in shock. She couldn't believe he would say something so cruel.

"Order it," Claire decided, "If we go out, I'll have to shower and put on makeup and get dressed, and I don't feel like doing all of that," She chuckled.
--
"You don't think I've noticed that ?you go to the liquor store more than the grocery store lately?" Finn asked her, "I'm starting to wonder if you have a serious drinking problem."

"You don't need to any of that." He said as he swam toward the shore.
-
"So I'm not allowed to have a few drinks while my husbands away 24/7?" She snapped back. She couldnt tell him the truth about Johan causing her drinking.

"If we go out in public I do," Claire told him as she walked out of the water.
--
"I am not away 24/7, I do have to work more to support this lavish lifestyle that you want so bad," Finn told her, "I do everything for us Elle, I work my ass off so we can have the things we do, and then when I get home after a shitty day at the office, I have to cook and clean for us because my wife, who hasn't been at a job all day, has been out galavanting or drinking her day away."?

"You think you do but you don't." Rhys said and headed back up to the house with her.
--
"So why are we doing this then? Why did you want to spend a day with me if you hate being married to me so much?" Elle asked him. "I'm just another burden for you to carry- I'm like a second job so why do all this?"

"Oh don't try to be all charming," Claire teased as she pushed him playfully.
--
"I never said that I hate being married to you, don't put words in my mouth," Finn told her, "I love you Elle, more than anything, but you have been so distant for the past few months and I'm running out of ideas," He said, "I planned this entire day to spend with you, maybe see if my Elle was still in there."

"I don't know what you're talking about." He teased and grabbed a towel to dry off.
-
"why are you being like this?" Elle asked softly. She wanted to go back to pretending she didn't have a problem. "I'm still me. Finn, there's stuff I'm dealing with that you wouldn't understand so just...let me deal with it." She didn't want to stop the drinking.

Claire just shook her head with a smirk as she dried herself off with a towel before heading inside.
--
"I'm being like this because I care about you," He told her, "And I'm here so that you don't have to deal with things alone, whatever it is babe, you can tell me," He told her.

"What are you in the mood for?" He asked as he went to look for his stack of order out menus.
-
Elle knew she couldn't tell him. If she did, he'd hate her forever and she wasn't willing to lose him. "It's not something you can fix." She said softly. "It kills me to say that but it's just how it is. I need to handle this on my own."

"I told you, a burger," Claire smirked as she dried her hair with a towel.
--
Finn hung his head in defeat, "Fine, I just don't know what to do anymore, I've tried everything," He said softly.

"What kind of burger?" He specified. "All the restaurants here carry burgers. There's a great French place that can make anything you want."?
-
"I know and I love you for it." She said before kissing him softly and cupping his face. She rested her forehead against his after she broke the kiss. "Don't give up on me okay?"

"I want a greasy bacon cheeseburger with everything on it," Claire chuckled, "Find me a place that has that and we'll be good," She said, "I'm going to go jump in the shower."
--
"I would never," Finn told her softly as he looked at her, "I love you."

Rhys grabbed his phone and ordered their food while she showered.
-
"I love you too." Elle smiled softly.

Claire finished up her shower and changed into leggings and a tank top before coming back out into the living room.
--
"Do you want to finish out the rest of our day?" Finn asked her.

"Dinner will be here soon." Rhys said after hanging up. "I'm going to jump in the shower real quick before they get here."
-
"I do." Elle nodded. "If you want to."

"Okay, did you pay over the phone or pay when it gets here?" She asked, wanting to make sure she knew since he'd be in the shower.
--
"I do too," Finn told her with a nod, "Let's head into the museum."

"I paid over the phone." Rhys said before going to shower.
-
"Okay." Elle smiled softly and took his hand again.

Claire nodded before going to sit out on the porch, she enjoyed the view while waiting for their food.
--
Finn led them over to the museum, "You know my great great grandfather's signature is in one of these books," He said, trying to remember which one it was.

Rhys came back out a few minutes in a tshirt and sweatpants. He didn't see Claire until he looked outside. He smiled to himself and walked outside to her. "You know they'll ring the doorbell. You don't have to wait outside for them." He teased.
-
"I never knew that." Elle said as she looked around.?

"They come to the front door, smartass," Claire said with a smirk.
--
"Yeah, he and my great great grandmother, and their children all came over from Europe," He said.

"Not if they get here by boat." He teased and sat down.
-
"Maybe you have relatives you don't know about." Elle said.

"They're not coming by boat," Claire told him as she pulled her legs up into the chair.
--
"I think we all have relatives we don't know about," Finn said with a light chuckle.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 . . . 47 NEXT

Reply to Thread