Gossip Girl

Pages PREV 1 . . . 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 . . . 31 NEXT

"Well I've always liked you Rhys, as more than a friend, but I put my feelings aside because I never thought you'd want anything to do to me," Claire told him, "If you really want to try this out, I wouldn't be opposed to it."

"Its up to you." Rhys smiled. "I want to try if you do it." he said honestly. He always wanted to be with her.

"I don't know if you'll be saying that after two weeks on this island with me," Claire chuckled, "But no, I'd really like to give us a shot," She told him with a grin.

"I guess our two weeks together will show us if we're really a good fit." Rhys said but he didn't have any doubts.?

"Well, I am looking forward to it Mr. Pennington," Claire smiled as she looked over at him.

"As am I." He said honestly.?

Before she knew it they had landed at their destination. When it was time to get off the plane Claire grabbed her bag with one hand before taking Rhys' hand with the other to get off the plane.

"You ready for this?" He asked, not just referring to their vacation.

"I am if you are," Claire smiled as she gave his hand a squeeze.

"I'm ready." Rhys smiled at her before they were led to the car to take them to his beach house.

Claire looked out the window as the drive by the water, she couldn't wait to get out on the beach, "Goodness, I haven't been out of the country since my dad's scandal," She chuckled. It was only two years but when she was used to going all of the time it was different.

"Its been a while huh?" Rhys asked as he looked at the ocean. It was his favorite place to be.

"Yeah, I miss Paris," Claire laughed, she and her mom went every year for fashion week.

"We'll go there next." Rhys told her. He went to Paris every now and then.

"Sounds good," She said with a smile as they pulled up to the beach house.

"Come on I'll show you around." Rhys said as he got out of the car.

Claire nodded leaving her tote with his assistant to be taken to the room, "So when did you buy this place?" She asked, she had gone to his parents' mulitiple times growing up.

"2 or 3 years ago." He told her. "I had this idea that one day I'll retire here. Turn it into an inn or something."

"You'd want to leave the city?" Claire asked she thought about it sometimes but she didn't ever think that he would want to.

"Not for a while but someday." Rhys shrugged. "The kitchens over here. Formal dining room and sitting room are down that way."

"Rhys this place is beautiful," Claire told him sincerely as she looked around at it.

"I'm glad you like it." Rhys said. "Look at the view. Its the best part."

Claire followed him out to the porch to look at the view, a smile spreading across her face, "Okay, I'm staying right here for these next two weeks," She told him before looking out to the ocean.

"I'll get you a blanket and pillow for night time." Rhys teased. It wasn't a bad idea; camping under the stars at the beach.

"I don't have a problems with that at all," Claire said with a smirk, leaning on the banister to continue to look out at the view.

"We could do that tonight." Rhys suggested.

"Yeah, let's do it," Claire said with a grin at him.

"Theres a fire pit over here. We'll keep warm." Rhys added.

"This is already turning out to be a perfect night, I don't know if we'll be able to top it," She chuckled.

"We'll have to sleep out here every night then." Rhys joked.

Claire laughed, "We'll see how tonight goes, some crazy islander could get us," She said with a laugh.

"I doubt it. This is private beach." He pointed out.

"Of course it is," Claire teased with a smirk, she knew he'd never be near a public beach.

"For 3 miles down its all ours." He told her.

Claire looked down the beach each way before looking back at him, "Why don't you ever come here often?" She asked, "We've been married for almost a year and I've never heard you mention it."

Pages PREV 1 . . . 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 . . . 31 NEXT

Reply to Thread