Gossip Girl

Pages PREV 1 . . . 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 . . . 28 NEXT

"I think I would've been a pilot in another life." Rhys said as he looked out the window. He always enjoyed flying.
-
"I have no idea." She laughed and looked at a few tourists with selfie sticks. "They do though."

"Really?" Claire said, "I think I would have been nurse or a doctor," She told him.
--
"Maybe they actually don't sell them here and they brought them with them," He teased.

"You like caring for other people?" Rhys stated more than asked.
--
"I doubt it." Elle laughed.

"Why do you sound surprised?" Claire asked with a nervous chuckle.
--
"I bet one of those nasty convenience stores in times square has one," Finn said.

"I'm not surprised actually." He told her.
--
"we should get one. Along with a terrible hot dog from a street vender." Elle laughed.

Claire smiled, "Yeah, I would have been one of those in another life," She told him with a nod.
--
"That sounds like a plan to me," Finn smiled, glad she was coming around.

"I can see that about you." Rhys said.?
-
"I forgot how much there is to see here." Elle said as she looked at the sites.

Claire leaned her head back, "Yeah, but since I knew I'd never go to medical school because scrubs are not very fashionable," She chuckled, "I always wanted to be a mom, I've just always wanted a big family and I could stay at home with them so they weren't raised by a nanny like I was."
--
"Well it is one of the most visited cities in the world," Finn pointed out.

"Yeah I don't think I'd want my kids raised by nannies. I never spent any time with my parents." Rhys agreed.?
--
"it's so different when you've always lived here though." Elle pointed out.?

"It's not that I missed them growing up because it was what I was used to," Claire said, "But I wonder if I would have been as wild as I was in high school and college if they would have been around more when I was a kid," She chuckled.
--
"True, but field trips when we were kids we did all of the touristy stuff, atleast my class did." Finn said.

"I never saw my parents. I mean I did in the morning and sometimes at night but I never knew them." Rhys shrugged. "I wonder how different I'd be if they'd been around more."
-
"they did in mine too." Elle nodded.

"Your parents were off jetsetting with mine," Claire reminded him with a laugh.
--
The double decker bus finally stopped close to the Statue of Liberty ferry, "Come on, this is our next stop," Finn said.

"I guess thats why we had so much to bond over." He laughed.
-
"the ferry?" Elle smiled. She'd only gone the statue once before.

"Ignored children who were given everything and anything they ever wanted?" Claire laughed, "We've to stick together."
--
"We can't be tourists without seeing Lady Liberty," Finn said.

"Does your family even spend holidays together anymore?" He asked curiously.
-
"You went all out for this didn't you?" Elle laughed.

"Of course, mom has to throw the most lavish party for Christmas," She told him with a chuckle.
--
"I wouldn't have done any less," He smiled.

"My parents don't bother anymore." Rhys told her.
--
"I love you." Elle smiled. She really didn't deserve him.

"I'm sure if my parents were divorced they wouldn't either, but my mother also would never let them get divorced," She said.
--
"I love you too," Finn said with a smile before leading them to the ferry terminal.

"We should have our own parties instead." Rhys said, figuring they'd be more fun than sitting through her parents stuff.
-
"Have you done this before?" Elle asked.

"My mother would die if I did that," Claire said with a chuckle.
--
"Yeah, my dad used to take me here all the time as a kid." Finn told her.

"We can invite her." He tease.
--
"I went once on another school field trip." She told him.

"Then she'd think I was trying to compete with her," Claire scoffed.
--
"I think everyone should see it at least once," He said.

"Or that you and your husband want to start your own traditions." He told her.
--
"Me too." Elle said. "Its so beautiful out here."

Claire just looked at him for a moment, thinking about what he said. Ever since they kissed a couple of weeks ago somedays had been normal between them and others were different. She didn't know how to react to it, "We're starting our own traditions?" She asked nervously.
--
Finn nodded as he got on the next ferry with her, finding an open bench for them to sit on.

"We don't have to. Not a big deal either way." Rhys said. He regretted saying anything. She overthought everything.
-
"This is really fun babe." Elle smiled at him as she sat down.

"You confuse me," Claire told him bluntly, "And sometimes it really gets on my nerves."
--
"I'm glad you're enjoying yourself," Finn said as he put his arm around her shoulders to get comfortable in the seat.

(Chasing Life!)

"You're confusing yourself by overthinking everything." Rhys pointed out.
-
"Are you having fun?" Elle asked.

"Then stop saying things that are going to make me overthink." She told him.
--
"I am having a great time," Finn told her with a smile.

"Everything makes you overthink." Rhys laughed.
--
"Good." Elle smiled and rested her head on his shoulder.

"Oh whatever," Claire pouted as she brought her legs up in the seat and looked out the window.
?

"I could say I like summer and winter and instead of accepting that I like both, it would confuse you. You'd want me to choose one or the other."?Rhys pointed out.

"I can't help but overthink things, I've always been that way," Claire told him, "But you have me overthinking everything now after that kiss a few weeks ago. I just need to know what you want out of this, and don't ask me what I want until you tell me," She said, "I need to know if you still want this as an arrangement with the benefits or if you actually want to try and have a relationship, because it's driving me crazy wondering what we are exactly, take the marriage part out of it and just look at us as two people."

Rhys took a breathe and thought about what he was going to say before looking back at her. "to be honest I've always wondered what would have happened if we dated. I've always cared about you but it never seemed like a good time to ask you out. You had your relationships and I had mine but I wondered about you...about us. I know we went into this because we had to but I figure if it leads to something more, it wouldn't be a bad thing. I'm willing to try to make this a real relationship but I don't want it to ruin our friendship."?

A small spread across Claire's face as she listened to him, "Rhys, I always wondered about us too but I never pegged you as the relationship guy. You were always in relationships for such a short period of time and I just always thought you wanted that bachelor life," She told him, "Plus, if you thought we could've ever been something why did you push me to date half those idiots I dated?"

"You were too good for me. You still are." Rhys said honestly. He had a reputation for his short lived relationships and he never thought he was good enough for Claire.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 . . . 28 NEXT

Reply to Thread