Brought Back: RPG

Pages PREV 1 . . . 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 NEXT

Izy took the plate and set it down. "Maybe I should go."
-
"Business." Ofelia told her. "I don't really have a career plan but?I?thought it would be a good degree to have."
-
"You didn't even ask me. You just assumed I wouldn't and started screaming at me." Maggie pointed out. "I am cooperating..I don't want the baby to suffer and I don't want to be sick anymore."

"No." Declan said "I'm not mad at you. Just stay."?
---
"No that's great." Emily said "I had about 4 different majors before I finally went for pre-law." She told her "You're still young. Keep your options open."?
---
Olsen was still angry "Fine." He said "But you realize they'll use this against you in the lawsuit." He told her.?

Izy stayed put and looked down at her plate. "...We don't have to keep it. I don't want you to feel pressured to do anything you're not ready for."
--
"that applies to dating too." Mitchell teased her.
"I'm pretty happy with my current selection." She said, getting irritated by how much he picked on Martin.
--
Maggie nodded and looked away. "You can drop the case." She said, realizing that's why he was so mad.

Declan sighed "Don't do that." He told her "Don't offer to do something because you think I want to. What do you want?"
---
Martin smiled slightly to himself.
"Mitchell stop teasing your brother." Emily complained.
---
"I'm not dropping the case. I'm amending the case." Olsen said "Class action lawsuit against the company for creating a toxic work environment." He said "We're taking them for all they're worth."

"I want to keep it." Izy admitted softly. "I've spent the past year thinking I couldn't have kids. Now I can't think of anything I want more."
-
"He knows I'm kidding." Mitchell pointed out.
-
"But you just said they'd use this against me." Maggie pointed out. She didn't see how this would work.

"Then we'll keep it." He told her "We'll work it out. I just want you to be ok."
---
"Yeah Mitch is a real comedian." Martin said sarcastically.
---
"In the old lawsuit." He told her "If you mean what you say and they put you on crash diets and encouraged your eating disoeder then they're endangering their employees. It's illegal." He told her.

"But do you want to keep it?" Izy asked. "Do you want it or are you just trying to do the right thing?"
-
"I might get into a different profession." Ofelia smirked.
-
"Its business." She pointed out. "You can't take down the entire fashion industry."

"I don't want to not keep it." He said. He was just worried about the implications of her being pregnant in her condition.
----
"So." Jenny said "How did you two meet?" She asked trying to change the subject from her husband harassing his little brother.
---
"You underestimate how good a lawyer I am." Olsen smirked.

"So...you want to keep it?" Izy asked, trying to figure him out.
-
"At school." Ofelia smiled. "We were sitting next to each other in class."
-
"I'm just being realistic." Maggie said.

"I want to hear what the doctor has to say.....I mean if you want me to come withbyou." Declan told her.
---
"Oh thats cute." Jenny smiled.
--
"You don't have to think about it." He told her "You just have to think about getting better."

"I want you there." Izy nodded.
--
"What, was he the only guy in class or something?" Mitchell teased. "No but he was the sweetest." Ofelia told him. "And the cutest."
-
"I'll get better." Maggie told him. She was determined to do right by her baby.
--
(i'm bringing Jules/Devina back)
Jules got up early and ran out for breakfast before letting herself into Devinas apartment. "Morning sunshine. I have coffee bagels." she called from the kitchen.

"Ok." Declan said "We'll figure it out whatever happens."
(I had an idea that she has to be on strict bedrest the whole pregnancy)
---
"...I'm sorry I yelled at you." Olsen told her "I was just....worried."
----
"Ooo what kind of bagels?" Devina asked sitting up in bed.

(yeah and it could delay her progress.)
"thanks for being okay." Izy smiled. "I was afraid you'd go a little nuts."
-
"It's okay..it's kinda nice to have someone care." Maggie admitted.?
-
"your favorite." Jules smirked and brought the bagels to her.

"Why would you think I'd go nuts?" Declan asked, he didn't think he'd ever given that impression.?
---?
"Did the doctor talk to you about the program?" He asked her.?
---?
"Four Cheese Mmm." Devina said taking the bag "Did you get extra cream cheese?"?

"I was nervous." Izy shrugged. "I thought you wouldn't want kids or something."
-
"The shrink did." Maggie said. "She seems nice."
-
"Of course." Jules smiled and sipped her latte.

"I want kids." Declan said, realizing they hadn't really been dating long enough to have those kinds of discussions "It was just a surprise."?
===
Olsen nodded "Well I'll be here if you need me." He told her.?
----
"You're the best." Devina smiled.?
(So I was thinking that Jules could have some family gathering or premire or something and doesn't want Devina to come because that would out them as gay.)?
----?
"Why did you Marry Mitch? He the only boy in class too?" Martin asked Jenny with a smirk.

"I'm still kind of in shock over it." Izy said and picked at her food.
-
"Thank you." Maggie said sincerely.
-
(i?had the same idea! i thought it could be some fancy work party)
"I know." Jules teased and sipped her coffee again. "I'll come over after that work thing tonight. I'm thinking champagne and skinny dipping in the hot tub."
-
"We didn't meet in class." Mitch smirked at him.

"Yeah. It's kind of....shocking." he agreed.
---
"I should.....go..." Olsen said awkwardly.
----
"What work thing is this again?" Devina asked pretending like she'd forgotten.
----
"Hey leave me out of it." Jenny complained playfully.

"We'll figure it out either way." Izy said.
-
"They're releasing me in the morning." Maggie told him. "Do you want to meet up and go over the case?"
-
"The shows 25th anniversary thing. It's just dinner with people from the network."
-
"This is delicious by the way," Ofelia said to Emily.

"Yeah." Declan agreed "We should eat before this gets cold."
---
"No. You focus on getting better." Olsen said "The new court date won't be scheduled for a while."
----
"Seems like a big deal." Devina said taking a bite of the bagel.

"Yeah I'm starving." Izy laughed before taking a bite of food.
--
"How much time?" Maggie asked curiously. She was afraid the baby would be born before it was over.
-
"Its not. They're not even recording it for the show." Jules said as she took out a bagel for herself.

"Well you're eating for 2 now." Declan pointed out.
---
Olsen shrugged "couple weeks. A month or 2 at the most."
----
"Are people bringing dates?" Devina asked

Izy smiled weakly as she kept eating. "This is really good."
-
"Do you think it'll be over before the baby's born?" She asked him.
-
"I don't know. I guess some probably will." Jules shrugged, though she knew they all were.

"Yeah." Declan agreed as he picked at his food.
---
"I hope so." Olsen told her.
----
"So why exactly can't I go?" Devina asked

"I've been craving sushi lately but I know I can't eat that." Izy said.
--
"You can stay here a while if you want." Maggie told him. "They're bringing me food soon."
--
"You'll be bored. We'll be talking about work." Jules shrugged.

"You can eat vegetarian sushi." Declan shrugged.
---
"Do you want me to stay?" Olsen asked her.
----
"You'll be talking about work at a party?" Devina asked incredulously.

"Is there such a thing?" Izy laughed.
-
"I wouldn't mind." Maggie shrugged. "I don't have anyone else."
-
"Its a work party." Jules corrected her but saw she wasn't going to drop it. "Besdies, they don't need to know about my personal life. Its not their business."

"Yeah." Declan laughed "They just put veggies in instead of fish. Like sweet potato or avacado."
----
"Ok." Olsen said "I'll stay."
---
"I know your ashamed. You don't have to lie to me." Devina retorted.

"I never heard of that." Izy laughed.
-
"Thank you." Maggie said sincerely.
-
"I'm ashamed because I don't want my co-workers treating me differently?" Jules said defensively.

"You're just not as cultured as me." Declan teased.
---
Olsen sat down in the chair next to her bed "Do you want to watch tv?" He asked her.
---
"You don't want people to know you're gay because you're ashamed." Devina said "You act like it's a crime."

"I'm so lucky to have found you." Izy teased again.
-
"I wouldn't mind." Maggie shrugged.
-
"Because everyone else does." Jules told her. "I'm not getting into this again. I'm in the public eye- coming out effects my job, my family, my reputation. Its not worth it."

"I can give you all the know how about sushi." Declan teased.
---
Olsen turned on the TV. The hospital didn't seem to have cable so they only got 3 channels well. He settled on an old episode of How I met your mother.
---
"If Barry Manilow can come out so can you." Devina snapped at her

"Finally you're useful." Izy joked at him.
-
"I used to watch this all the time." Maggie said as she watched tv.
-
"You really want to fight about this?" Jules asked her. "You knew from the start I wanted to keep our relationship private."

Declan laughed "You done or do you want seconds?" He asked
---
"I never really got into it." Olsen said
---
"There's private and there's keeping me your dirty little secret." Devina said.

"I want seconds." Izy said, still feeling hungry.
-
"It was funny in its own way." She told him.
--
"Its easy for you to say that isn't it? You don't have to hide who you are to get ahead." Jules pointed out.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 NEXT

Reply to Thread