Cabinet of Curiosities

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 . . . 86 NEXT

"I don't need luck. I've got skill." She said with a smirk. "Good luck to you though. Must suck to pick up after everyone else."

"Keeps me humble darling." Danny smirked back at her before going to finish setting stuff up for the first show.

Geney smiled to herself before going to her trailer to get ready for the big show.

"Just go backstage and prepare. We haven't much time." Leisel said directing her to the back.
---
"All right we're here." Bart said walking around to the passenger door and opening it for her.
---
"But we have dinner together every day." Odile pointed out.

"Thank you." She smiled again and turned to see twins close by. "Hello.." she said awkwardly. They were attractive and she didn't know how to act around attractive guys.
--
"Its just as lovely as I remember." Caroline smiled and bounced out of the car.
--
"..I mean like, out of the camp. Like on a date?" Lorence said but realized she was probably turning him down. "Nevermind."

Bart tried not to visibly roll his eyes as he walked with her inside "Winslow party of 2 for 5pm." He said to the hostess.
---
"Oh...." Odile said awkwardly "I do not really leave camp...."

Caroline smiled at him as they were seated and she picked up her menu. "What are you getting?"
--
"Me either." Lorence admitted. "I just thought it might be nice to go out sometime but we don't have to."

"You order first." Bart smiled fakimg enthusiasm.
---
"I don't know if that's good idea...." odile told him.

"I'll have whatever you're having." Caroline smiled back and closed her menu.
--
"I'm sorry. Just forget about it, really." Lorence begged. He was embarressed to be shot down by his dream girl.

(Uggg caroline no lol)
Bart internally groaned and smiled up at the waitress "I'll have tge porterhouse rare....actually make it blue." He said purposfully ordering something he knew she wouldn't like.
-----

"Ok. I have to go change." Odile told him.

Pietro grinned slightly. " You are new, what do you do? He asked her. " I am Pietro, this is Alexei." he motioned to his skinnier twin brother.

Caroline scrunched her nose. She didn't like nearly raw meat but if he did, she wanted to like it too. "I'll have the same. And can I have some milk please?"
--
"Yeah, I'll talk to you later." Lorence said and mentally kicked himself. He felt so stupid.

"I'll have a Brandy." Bart told the waitress.
---
Odile went backstage to change into her costume. It wasn't that she didn't like Lorence but dating seemed like it would make things too messy. Especially with a child, her attention had to be focused on Ilia.

"They let you drink Brandy?" Caroline giggled. It probably had more to do with his money since he was still under 21.
--
"Hey Odile." Genevieve said as she went back to get changed for the show.

(I think the age of majority in the 50s was 18)
"I can do as I please. Who's going to tell me to stop I own half the town." Bart pointed out.
---
"Hello." Odile smiled "Ready for show Gen?"

"So you get just whatever you want." Caroline giggled. She loved the idea of always getting her way.
--
"Just about." Geneveive said as she grabbed her costume. "You?"

"Yes." Bart said "Again. Who exactly is going to stop me?"
---
"Yes....can you help?" She said motioning to the back of her costume "Is buttons."

"My parents say no to me all the time." Caroline exagerated. They actually rarely said no.
--
"Sure." Gen said and helped her with her buttons. "I heard the twins were giving Lorence a hard time."

"I don't have parents. " Bart pointed out.
----
"Pietro is hot headed. He....I think He likes me." Odile frowned.

"So you don't have anyone to read to you or kiss your booboos or do all the stuff parents do?" Caroline asked as she frowned. She would hate not having people to take care of her.

"No...no one kisses my booboos." Bart said flatly. He wondered why a nearly adult woman would need to be coddled like an infant.

"You need me." Caroline decided. "We can read together and play together and put on puppet shows. Oh it will be such fun!"

"And thats a bad thing?" Geney asked her. The twins were good looking. It wouldn't be a bad thing to be liked by one of them.

"All right." Bart smiled, more like smirked. Hed go along with it mostly because he wanted to see how rediculous a puppet show put on by this ninny would be.
He was nearly overjoyed when his brandy showed up.
---
Lorence." Leisel said walking into her sons tent "Change of plans we have a new act. I'd like you to announce it for the finale.'

"I do not wish to be romantic with anyone." Odile told Gen

Caroline thanked the waitress for her milk and put a couple straws into it. "Ever blow bubbles in your milk?"
--
"Jeeze ma, don't you ever knock?" Lorence buttoned up his nice pants he changed into for the show. "What new act? What are you talking about?"
--
"You don't have to marry anyone. If you're looking for a nice, normal guy you can forget it. You belong to the freak show and you've got a kid. Just do what we all do, and sleep with the cute ones here." Gen pointed out.

"I don't want normal man. I don't want any man." Odile said.
---
"Isn't anything I haven't seen." Leisel said dismissivly "We have a heshe now."
-
".....When I was five maybe." Bart said sipping his brandy.

"Oh...are you like, gay?" Gen asked awkwardly. It was strange that she'd have a child if she wasn't into men.
--
"A heshe?" Lorence raised his brows. "Who is he- or, she?"
--
Caroline drank a little milk before using her straws to blow bubbles. "Try it."

"I....don't know that word." Odile said confused.
--
"Jaq." Leisel said "He's a she but we can make her look like a hermaphrodite. That'll bring a crowd."
---
"No thanks." Bart said

"Do you even like guys?" Gen asked her.
--
"Of course it will. Anything for some green." Lorence rolled his eyes. "Okay. I'll introduce her for the finale."
--
"Its really fun." Caroline laughed and blew more bubbles.

"Oh....I'm....No. I like boys. Just not for right now." Odile said.
---
"Lorence the green will be yours too. Dont be so negative." Leisel told her son "Fix your hair. I didn't raise you in a barn." She said licking her hand and fixing his messy hair.
---
"Yeah you look like you're having fun." Bart said flatly

"Oh....I'm....No. I like boys. Just not for right now." Odile said.
---
"Lorence the green will be yours too. Dont be so negative." Leisel told her son "Fix your hair. I didn't raise you in a barn." She said licking her hand and fixing his messy hair.
---
"Yeah you look like you're having fun." Bart said flatly

"Oh. Why not?" Geney asked curiously.
--
"I can fix my own hair." Lorence said, hating when she put her spit in his hair.
--
Caroline stopped when she saw how bored he looked. "Whats the matter Bart? Do you not like me?"

"Too complicated. I already need to focus on Ilia." Odile told her.
---
"You clearly can't." She said.
---
"I'm just anticipating my steak." Bart lied.

"You need to tell that to all the guys then. They drool over you." Geney pointed out,.
--
"I'm not even done getting ready." Lorence reminded her.
--
"I'm sure it will be swell." Caroline told him and drank some more of her milk.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 . . . 86 NEXT

Reply to Thread