Cabinet of Curiosities

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 86 NEXT

"Keep your pecker away from my best acrobat. I don't need any grandbabies." Leisel said to her son in a harsh whisper.
--
Bart tried not to let his discomfort show. He didn't like psychical contact, at least not when it didn't reward him

"We're just friends ma." Lorence told her. She was so bossy. "And if I wanted to be anything more than that, I don't need your permission."
--
"I'm so glad you're here!" Caroline grinned and bounced cheerfully. He was her first ever date and she was so thrilled to be going out with such a stud.

"So insolent." Leisel growled "just be careful boy. Or you'll be resposible for turning this show to sh*t if you're not."
--
"I'm excited to take you out Caroline." Bart lied smoothly and enthusastically "But we best hurry
I have reserbstions for dinner and we wouldn't want to be late."

"Don't be so dramatic mother." Lorence told her. "The show is fine, with or without Odile."
--
Caroline beamed and turned to her father. "Goodnight Daddy." She gave him a kiss on the cheek. "You two kids have fun." Norman said. If she was a normal girl, he'd be concerned about her going off with a boy. Truth be told, he wanted her love crazy and running off with a boy if it meant she'd be out of the house.

"Go help Felix with the set decorations." Leisel told her son firmly. Dropping the subject.
---
"Come along Caroline." He said taking her hand "Have you seen my new car?"

Lorence left without saying a word. He went to find Felix to help set up.
--
"No. When did you get it?" Caroline asked, just as excited as usual.

"Only got it last week." Bart told her "It's a brand new styeline."

Caroline saw the car infront of her house and beamed again. "Oh Bart its beautiful! How lovely!"

"Hows Odile?" Felix smirked as Lorence walked up to the stage.
---
I know." Bart smiled smugly "Do you like steak?"

"Fine." Lorence said, wondering why he asked.
--
"I love steak." Caroline corrected him. "Especially cut into pieces with the sweet sauce on it."

"Good." Felix smiled, he liked the drama around here when it didn't pertain to him "Help me hang this sign"
---
"Well you're in luck we're going to the steakhouse." Bart told her.

"Where do you need it?" Lorence asked him as he grabbed part of it.
--
"I haven't been there in ages." Caroline dramatized. "We don't eat out much. Mama cooks all of our dinners."

"In the middle." Felix said and looked down at the much shorter man "You may need a ladder..."
---
"Shame." Bart said "Restaraunt eating is so much better.."

"Seriously?" Lorence gave him a look before going to grab a ladder. Felix could reach twice as high as him and that was usually a good thing, until he had to help hang signs.
--
"She's been teaching me to cook. Says I'll need to know how to prepare good, wholesome meals for my husband someday." Caroline giggled. She wondered if it was Bart that she would cook for.

Jacqueline Abott. 22
http://data2.whicdn.com/images/141512608/large.gif
Jacqueline has always been one of the boys. She never played with the girls, she spent her childhood soaked in mud or climbing in trees, and she always hated wearing dresses. At puberty, she realized how much she liked guys but she also liked being one them; she feels like shes somewhere in the middle of the two genders. When she was 18, she cut off all her hair, got a few tattoos, and tried to join the military but that didn't take. Her parents disowned her and no regular employer wanted a she-man so she got a job as a steel worker, where she worked under the name Jaq and passed as a man. It worked for a while until one of them saw her changing and noticed she was lacking a few parts. Word got around, she was asasulted, beaten, and called a colorful list of dirty words, and she's been a wanderer ever since. Most days she walks the train tracks, looking for work but never staying in one place for long. Her boyish looks and tattoos garuntee no womanly job so she still tends to pass for a man but leaves before anyone starts to question. She heard about the Freak Show so she's come all the way to Jupiter to look for work. She doesn't want to be a star or anything but she figured they'd be the one place that wouldn't mind a she-man building sets or selling tickets.

(I figure her stage name can be Hermaphroditis after the two gender Greek God? Shove a sock down her pants and wear tight clothes to show off her bust so she looks two gendered as well?)

< am I allowed to join this or is it private/way too far into the roleplay?>

"Seriously shorty." Felix teased waiting for him to get the ladder.
---
Bart couldn't figure out why they wouldn't just let the servants make dinner. Who needed to learn to cook this days. Well except poor people of course.
"Well I'm sure you're turning into quite the little cook." Bart decided on opening the passenger door of his convertable for her.

He got the ladder and put it on the oppsite side of Felix. He climbed to the top and reached for the sign with his lobster claws.
--
"Thank you." Caroline smiled and slid into the car. It was all nice and new- something like her father would get but wouldn't allow her to touch. "This is so lovely Bart." she said as she touched the dashboard.
--
Jacqueline walked into the freak show camp and looked around at all the odditites she saw- pin heads, little people, disabilities and disfigurments. It seemed like the perfect place for her. She was told Leisel was the boss and to see her. "Ms. Mars?" she knocked on one of the wood posts that held up her tent.

"The show does not start for two hours child." Leisel said looking up.
---
"Be careful. " Bart chided "Don't get your fingerprints all over it I've just had it detailed."

"I know. I'm not here for the show." She said, instinctively making her voice a little deeper as she took off her old flat cap. "I'm lookin for work ma'am."
(her outfit- http://www.polyvore.com/free_people_harem_suspender_pants/thing?id=125676244)
--
Caroline stopped touching the dash and moved to the radio. "You ever listen to Elvis? He's my favorite."

"What kind of work? I already have enough stage hands." Leisel said eying this person up and down. They were either a very feminine boy or a very masuline v
girl.
---
Bart shrugged "I suppose he's alright. I prefer classical music."
--
Odile played with baby Ilia for a few more minutes before taking him backtage to the makeshift play pen where he would spend the show.
It was full of teddy bears and wooden blocks mostly handme downs from the others.

"I can help with anything you need ma'am. I can fix just about anything and I used to be a steelworker. I'm good with my hands." She told her, hoping she'd give her a job.
--
"Mama makes me listen to classical. Who's your favorite?" She asked him curiously. She wanted to know all about him.
--
Lorence finished hanging the sign and got down from the ladder. "Hey Odile. Ready for the show?"

"All right. But i can't pay you much." Leisel told Jaqueline "what's you're name?"
---
"Beethoven." Bart told her
(Shameless Clockwork orange reference)
--'
"I'm thinking so." Odile nodded "Are you Lorence?"

"Jacqueline." She told her, deciding to use her real name. "Most people call me Jaq."
--
"I love him!" Caroline smiled at him. "He made such swell music."
(never seen it lol)
--
Lorence held up his lobster hands. "Born ready."

"Mmm mhm." Leisel said eying her up and down. So it was a girl "Lesbian?" She asked Leisel had a way of asking personal and offensive questions very casually.
---
(The main character is obsessed with beethoven and is a psychopath)
"Yeah real SWELL." Bart said. God she was so vapid. He drove her towards the steak house hoping shoving food in her face might breifly shut her up.
----
Odile laughed "But you cannot just be showing of your hands you must do something else."

Jaq looked at, taking offense to her question but she didn't want to lose her job before she even started. "Tomboy." she corrected her. "I just don't really fit the bill of either boy nor girl."
--
"Is your favorite color still red?" She asked him, remembering from when they were kids.
--
"Lobster claws are great for juggling." Lorence pointed out. He took a few round sacks out of his pocket and started juggling to show her.

"Mhm." Leisel cupped her chin the wheels turning in her head "Would you be comfortable preforming Jaq."
--
"Aren't favorite colors a little childish?" Bart pointed out.
---
"You're very talented Lorence." Odile smiled "I don't know if I could juggle like that."

"Sure..but I don't have much entertaining talent." Jaq told her. She didn't know what she expected her to do.
--
"You're right. I don't have a favorite color. I love them all." Caroline agreed.
--
"Try fusing your fingers together in your mothers womb." He teased her. "you'll come out juggling."

"People can look at you and be entertained." Leisel said "We'll fashion you some fake boy parts and pass you off as a hermaphrodite. HeShes always go over well in the show." Leisel smiled.
---
"That's really neat." Bart said flatly

---
"I came out dancing." Odile smiled

"Oh.." Jaq tried not to blush. She made herself that way but when people pointed it out, it was kind of embarressing. Most people didn't like heshes. "When I worked in steel, I used a sock." she admitted. "Made the other guys think I was one of them."
--
Caroline didn't like that Bart didn't show enthusiasm. She'd have to try harder to win him over; she had to be cool like him. She leaned back and didn't let herself smile. She was trying to act like him so he'd like her.
--
"I'm sure you did." He said with a grin.

"ThaThat'll work till we can come up with something better." Leisel decided "you can premeire tonight as part of the finale act."
---
Thank god she shut up finally Bart thought to himself flipping on the radio.
---
"I would have been prima ballerina in the national ballet if things went differently. " odile told him

"Okay." Jacqueline nodded. She was nervous but she was just happy to have a job. "What will I do? Just..stand?"
--
"Do you like this song?" Caroline asked in a low voice. She was still trying to act cool and careless like him.
--
"What things?" Lorence asked her. He was curious to know more about her.

"For now. We can come up with an act later." Leisel shrugged.
--
"Its fine." Bart said dismisivly, pulling into the parking lot of the steakhouse.
---
"Long story. For another time." Odile told him.

"Okay. Thank you so much." Jacqueline smiled. She was so happy to finally find work.
--
Caroline lit up when she saw the steakhouse. She couldn't help but feel happy.
--
"Maybe you could tell me over dinner sometime? Just us two?" He asked hopeful. His mother wasn't going to dictate who he could or couldn't date.

DAnny shrugged. " You people are pretty damn accepting. I better get finished setting things up. Good luck darling."
--
Pietro and Alexei finally were allowed to start practicing. They got into the tight outfits they performed in since the show was son. Pietro liked the outfits but he knew Alexei really didn't beiing the thinner of the two twins. Pietro paused when the walked towards the main building and he saw a new girl talking with the boss. He motioned for Alexei to keep follow him and they walked over standing far enough away not to interupt.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 86 NEXT

Reply to Thread