Let it Snow!

Pages PREV 1 . . . 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 . . . 66 NEXT

Daisy knocked on the nursery door. She wanted to talk to Allie. She wanted Allie to trust her so that she could steal Mark away without her getting wise to it
"Can I come in?" She asked

Allie got up and opened the door for Daisy while Ella yawned in her arms. "I'm so sorry you had to see that. Mark and I don't usually fight infront of people."

"It's ok. It's hard for guys to understand when women don't want to be June Cleaver." She told her "I think it's setting a good example for Ella that you're so focused on your career. She can grow up with a strong successful role model." Daisy smiled.

"You really think so? Mark thinks she'll grow up with a part time mom." Allie pointed out.

"What so just because you have a job means you can't be her Mom all the time?" Daisy asked "That's dumb. Lots of Moms work and their kids are fine. Trust me you're not the first working Mom I've met."

"I know. My mom was a working mom and I admired her for it." Allie agreed. "Maybe I am working a little too much though."

"You have a lot to catch up on. You won't be clocking in long hours forever." Daisy said "Besides she's too young to understand anyways."

"I guess you're right. I just hate that its causing tension between me and Mark." Allie told her.

"He'll get over it. He's just mad he doesn't have Mrs. Brady for a wife." Daisy shrugged.

"I think you know us better than we do." Allie teased.?

Daisy laughed "I've just been aroundmy fair share of couples that's all."

"I want to go talk to him. You mind putting her to bed for me?" Allie asked as she handed the baby to her.

"No problem." Daisy smiled taking the baby from her.

"Thank you." Allie said before going downstairs to find Mark.

Mark was in the office flipping through paperwork all though he wasn't in the mood to focus.

Allie opened the door to Marks office but stayed in the doorway. "Can I come in?"

"That depends..." Mark started "Are we just going to fight?"?

"I don't want to fight anymore." She said as she shut the door behind her.

"C'mere then." He said waving her over.

Allie sat in his lap and rested her head on his shoulder. "I'm sorry."

He stroked her hair "I'm sorry too. There's just a lot of stress lately hasn't there."

"Thats an understatement." Allie laughed. "You know I love my job and I don't want to give it up. But?I will?start coming home earlier to be with you and Ella."

Mark sighed and nodded "Ok, I can deal with that. And no working on the weekends. For either of us." He said.?

"Deal." She nodded. "We should have a date night once a week too."

"Ok. Deal." Mark agreed

"My parents want to take the baby some weekend." She told him. "We could have a whole weekend alone."

"We could go somewhere?" Mark suggested "Daisy can housesit I'm sure.

"Where would we go?" She asked him.

"Where do you want to go?" Mark shrugged.?

(Aw man they should elope.)?

(awwwe yes!)

"Anywhere really." She shrugged. "We could go back to that resort where we decided to keep Ella. I'll even bring that red dress you liked so much."

"Maybe you could bring a different color dress."

"I thought you loved that red dress." Allie said.

"I think I'd like a white dress better." Mark told her.

"White makes my thighs look big." She told him, not getting the hint.

"I'm talking about a wedding dress you dummy." Mark laughed.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 . . . 66 NEXT

Reply to Thread