Stranded

Pages PREV 1 . . . 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 NEXT

"You too," Dominic said,pecking her lips. "I love you"

"I love you too," She told him before pulling away so he could go.

"I'll see you tomorrow." Dominic said and went to put his shoes on and grab his things by the door.

"See ya then," Emma smiled, "C'mon Lennox," She said to the dog as she walked to the bedroom.

Dominic texted her once he got to work to let her know he made it there okay. *i'm at the station.*

(gotta go for the night. ttyl!)

"Thank you for letting me know, have a good night babe," Emma sent back as she got ready for bed.

*you too. goodnight.* Dominic texted her.

Emma placed her phone on her charger before going into the bathroom to get ready for bed.

Dominic got back the next afternoon after a rough night. "Hey babe." he said to Emma and plopped on the couch.

Emma was finishing up the last paragraph of her assignment when Dominic came through the door, "Hey babe, how was work?" She asked as she finally finished and closed her laptop.

"Long." Dominic yawned. "got called out a few times."

"Hmm, someone actually had to work last night," Emma teased him. She knew there were nights that they didn't get any calls and then there were nights they got a lot. She got up from the chair and moved to the couch so that he could lay in her lap, she ran her hand through his hair.

"Burned my hand." Dominic said and held up his hand that was wrapped in a bandage. "Its not as bad as it looks."

Emma looked at it, "How did that happen? Don't you wear gloves?" She asked.

"Had to take them off to reach the baby stuck in a car." He told her as he closed his eyes.

Emma stopped rubbing his head, "Was the car on fire?" She asked, "Is everyone okay?" She asked.

"yeah everyones fine now." He nodded. "just a bad accident."

"My hero," Emma smiled as she kissed his forehead.

"Not much of?a hero. That kids leg is seriously messed up. Might even need to be cut off." Dominic said as he rubbed his head.

"Babe," Emma said softly, going back to running her hand through his hair, "You got them all out," She said, "The kid would rather have his life with a missing limb than no life," She told him, she'd know.

"I know I just..I wish I could prevent him from that?pain." He said. He wanted to save people the way he couldn't save Emma.

"You and your team did everything you could," Emma said softly.

"Sometimes it feels like its not enough." He sighed.

Emma just nodded, she didn't know what else to say. She felt like when he said things like that that he felt like she wasn't enough, but she'd never let him know that.

Dominic looked up at her and took her hand. He liked having her here after rough days. "Good news is that with my hand messed up, I get the next few nights off."

Emma smiled down at him before leaning down and pecking his lips.

Dominic smiled softly and looked up at her. "You are so beautiful you know that?"

(off for the night. ttyl!)

Emma kept smiling down at him, "Thank you."

"you should come down to the station some time. You can slide down the fire pole and ring the sirens." He teased her.

"How tempting," Emma said with a chuckle, "But I think I'm good here."

"I didn't mean tonight." Dominic smirked.

"I know that," Emma smirked back.

"You excited for our Atlanta trip?" he asked her.

"Yes I am," Emma grinned, "I'm probably going to go to the mall tomorrow and grab a new outfit or two"

"Going by yourself?" Dominic asked her.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 NEXT

Reply to Thread