Chasing Life

Pages PREV 1 . . . 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87

"You don't have to thank me." Drew said and sat in the chair beside her.
-
"They wanted a head start to take Leo to the zoo." Elliot told her. "They'll pick up the car later."

"Well I want to since I'm too chicken to talk to my own parents," She told him.
--
"Spoiled rotten, I don't know why he thinks he's going to miss us so much," She chuckled.

"You're not chicken you're just exhausted." Drew pointed out.
-
"Because he loves his new mama." Elliot smiled at her.

Aly just nodded as she laid her head back against the pillow and looked up at the ceiling.
--
Mia looked over at him with a grin before grabbing his hand and giving it a squeeze.

"You should get some sleep." Drew told her.
-
"I mean it." Elliot said. "He loves you."

"You should too," Aly said softly as she looked over at him.
--
"I love him too," Mia told him.

"I will when you rest." Drew said.
-
"He kind of set us up if you think about it." Elliot laughed.

"I love you babe," Aly told him, "Glad we had a great day before it all went to shit," She chuckled.
--
"I guess he did," Mia chuckled.

"It was a great day." Drew smiled. He hoped they'd have more great days.
-
"We'll have to thank him for that one day." Elliot laughed.

Aly smiled back at him before letting out a yawn, "I'll see you in the morning," She told him before closing her eyes.
--
"We will, when he's with the girl he's going to marry," Mia decided.

"Goodnight." Drew said and leaned back in the chair and shut his eyes.
--
"That long?" Elliot laughed. "Why do you want to wait?"

Aly actually slept hard and long through the night, the exhaustion finally setting in. The nurse knocked on the door in the morning to take some blood for testing.
--
"I think it'll be special," Mia shrugged.

Drew woke up when the nurse came in and wiped his eyes. He didn't get much sleep. "More needles?" he asked the nurse.
--
"Its a nice thought." Elliot smiled at her.

"I'm afraid so," The nurse said softly as she woke Aly up gently, "Good morning Alison, it's time for some bloodwork," She told her. Aly groaned as she opened her eyes, "It's just Aly," She said with a yawn as she got her bearings.
--
"I'm full of those," Mia chuckled.

Drew held her hand as the nurse took her blood. Even if she was used to needles, he wanted to be there for her.
-
"What are your nice thoughts about me?" Elliot smirked.

"When these get back in with the results we'll get you ready to head home and we'll see you back on Wednesday," The nurse smiled before leaving the room. Aly laid her head back against the pillow, "Morning babe," She said with a soft smile.
--
"That you're the best dad and the perfect husband," Mia told him with a smile.
?

"Goodmorning." Drew said and leaned over to kiss her head. "How did you sleep?"
--
"I'm not perfect." Elliot pointed out.

"I actually slept pretty well, I was so exhausted," Aly told him, "I know you're ready to get home so that you can sleep in an actual bed."
--
"You're perfect for me," Mia told him as she brought his hand up and kissed the back of it.

"I'll stay up with you." He told her.
-
"You're perfect for me too." Elliot smiled and lightly squeezed her hand.

"No you don't have to," Aly said, "I'm not up for doing much anyways," She told him.
--
"God, I can't wait to get you to our hotel room," Mia smirked as she leaned her head back.

"If you're up and feeling good, I'm up with you." He told her. He wasn't going to waste any of her good days.
-
"You're already hot for me huh?" Elliot teased her.

Aly just nodded, knowing he needed to sleep and she was going to make sure of it. The nurse knocked before coming in, "Alright, you are all set to go for today," She smiled, "We'll see you back at check-in on Wednesday." She nodded as she sat up in the bed, "Can you pass me my clothes?" She asked Andrew.
--
"Always am babe," Mia teased as she looked out the window, she hated that they lived so far from the airport.

(I'm going to go ahead and jump forward a little bit on GG)?

"Yeah." Drew reached over and grabbed her clothes. "What a way to celebrate our wedding night huh?" he teased her.
-
"You should act on it more." Elliot smirked and drove a little faster.

Aly gave him a frown, "I'm sorry," She said softly as she put her shirt on. She stood up slowly, getting her balance before slipping her shorts on. She laid the hospital gown on the bed. She let out a breath, "I'm ready to get home though," She told him.
--
Mia just chuckled as she finally saw signs for the airport. She pulled up their flight confirmation on thier phone so they could have an easier check in process.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87

Reply to Thread