Chasing Life

Pages PREV 1 . . . 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 . . . 95 NEXT

"Do whatever you need to. I don't care what it costs, just help her." Drew said before going back to Aly. He didn't want to keep her suffering but he wasn't ready to give up on her yet. "Hey."

"Hi," Aly said softly, "So how bad is it really?" She asked, knowing whatever they were talking about was serious.

"He says you're fine. You're just faking it for attention." Drew teased as he sat beside her and held her hand.

"That bad huh?" Aly asked softly as she searched his face.

"We're going to keep fighting just as we always do." He said, trying not to sound defeated.

Aly squeezed his hand, "How long do I have Andrew?" She asked him.

Drew looked down as he tried not to cry. He had to stay strong as he looked back at her ailing body. "Maybe 2 years."

Aly closed her eyes and took a deep breath, "Well, I can sit here in a hospital bed and pray that I go back into remission or I can make this the best two years of my life," She told him, squeezing his hand once more.

"There's surgery and radiation treatment he wants to start immediately." Drew explained. "You could still go into remission."

"If we don't see any signs of improvement after 9 months I'm stopping treatment," She told him, "I'm not going to live out the rest of my life in a hospital bed," She told him as she teared up a bit.

"I don't want you to give up." Drew said as he finally let out his tears.

"I gave up two years of my life already to this disease, I missed prom and senior trips, years I can't get back," Aly told him, "I'm not giving up I'm just choosing to live and enjoy my life."

"Lets see how treatments goes. You said you'd give it 9 months right?" Drew said. It had to work. He wouldn't let her give up at the end of that 9 months.

"Nine months," Aly told him with a nod, "Now will you please get up here and lay with me," She said softly, she was trying to act tough and be so strong, but inside she was terrified.

Drew got onto her bed and laid beside her. "You're going to beat this." He told her, needing it to be true.

Aly just nodded without saying anything as she held him against her.

"Rest now okay?" He said and pulled the blanket up so she was covered.

"Andrew are you okay?" She asked him, "I this is got to be eating you up on the inside," She told him.

"I'm fine." Drew lied. It had to be harder for her than it was for him so he needed to be strong.

"No you're not, you can let me know if you're upset, don't hold it in," Aly told him as she ran a hand through his hair.

"You need to focus on getting better. Don't worry about me." He said as he closed his eyes.

"I want to make sure your mental health is okay," Aly told him, "If you don't want to talk to me about will you talk to someone? I don't want you to bottle it all in, even though I'd rather you tell me, that's what I'm here for."

"Theres nothing?left?to say." He told her. "I don't want to lose you. Its as simple as that."

"Okay," Aly said softly, deciding to leave it alone, "What a day huh?" She asked.

"Yeah, what a day." Drew smirked. "It was great for the first half."

"Well people do say it's all down hill from here," Aly chuckled, talking about their day as she ran a hand through his hair.

"Those people are wrong." Drew said and kissed her quickly. "They're not us."

Aly smiled against his lips, "You're right babe," She told him.

"And you're going to get better." Drew whispered.

"I hope so," Aly whispered back before kissing the top of his head.

"You will. Don't doubt yourself." He said softly.

Aly just nodded before kissing his head again, she was petrified.

"are you hungry or anything?" He asked, hoping she could eat more.

"Not at all," She admitted to him, "I've got fluids going in me though," She told him as she held up her hand with the iv.

"Good. You were probably dehydrated." He said, hoping it was that simple of a reason she passed out.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 . . . 95 NEXT

Reply to Thread