Chasing Life

Pages PREV 1 . . . 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 NEXT

Aly lifted her head to wipe her tears, "I didn't want it to be this way, I wanted everything to be perfect," She told him.
--
"I just want to be comfy babe," Mia smirked up at him.

"Its me and you..it is perfect." Drew said as he?wiped her tears.
-
"I know." Elliot laughed and played with her hair.

Aly wiped another tear, he was too good to her, "And my cancer, and the fact that I can't even kiss you on our wedding night without feeling like I'm going to pass out."?
--
Mia closed her eyes as he played with her haid, "That feels nice," She smiled softly.

"We're making memories. If some memories have to suck, so be it." He said with a teasing grin.
-
"Leo lets me do this sometimes but I have a feeling he won't for much longer." Elliot laughed. He was growing up so fast.

Aly looked up at him, "God, you're perfect," She told him before pecking his lips and pulling away, "Thank you for always knowing exactly what to say."
--
"I'll always let you do this," Mia said with a grin, keeping her eyes closed.

"I try." Drew teased. He was relieved that he could comfort her.
--
"Glad to hear it." Elliot said as he kept rubbing her head.

Aly sniffled before looking at the time, "I'm going to get ready for bed," She told him before getting up to head into the bathroom.
--
"If you ever want to quit writing you could always do this for a living," She teased.

"Okay." He said and got up to put their food back on the tray.
-
"doesn't pay the same." Elliot teased her.

(Idk if I want to go way dramatic with them or just have them be okay for right now lol)
Aly went in the bathroom and began taking off her makeup from the day.
--
"We'd find a way to manage," Mia teased with a chuckle.

(Either works. I also had an idea that at some point drew had an accident or his own medical problem. It momentarily turns the tables and its unexpected that Drew is the one facing death instead of Aly.)
Drew wasn't that tired but he got into bed anyway to wait for Aly. He wanted her to get some sleep.
-
"how about I do this part time?" Elliot teased her.

(Yes we can plan that when she's like back in remission or something!)
Aly felt more tired as she continued to get ready for bed. She felt dizzy and ended up passing out on the bathroom floor.
--
"Sounds good," Mia told him as she continued to lay in his lap.

Drew thought Aly was taking too long and called out to her but she didn't answer. He got out of bed and went to the bathroom, where he saw her on the floor. "Aly!" He scooped her up and tried shaking her awake. "Aly, baby wake up!"

Aly didn't wake up as she laid there in Andrew's arms.

Drew rushed out to the car and placed her in the back. He sped to the hospital and carried her inside while yelling for help. "What happened to her?" a nurse asked as they got her on a gurney. "I don't know, she won't wake up." he said before being told to stay in the waiting room while they took her away. He stared at the doors seperating them and couldn't help but cry.

Aly finally woke up trying to realize where she was, she looked around seeing the wires and hearing the machines all around her. She started panicking and she looked around for Andrew.

Andrew called their parents while he waited for someone to update him on Aly. He didn't know what to expect and he hated it.

A nurse came out to the waiting room, "Andrew?" She said, "Aly's awake and asking for you."?

"Is she okay? What happened to her?" He asked the nurse as he followed her.

The nurse nodded, "Just come with me, the doctor will explain everything," She told him as she took him back to Aly's room.

Drew hurried to her side and took her hand. "Hey babe, how do you feel?"

Aly shook her head, "What happened?" She asked softly, not remembering much after she got to their hotel room.

"You passed out." He said as he sat down beside her. "Are you okay?"

"I feel like I got hit by a truck," Aly said in a groggy tone.

"Has the doctor talked to you yet?" He asked, hoping she knew what was wrong.

Aly shook her head as she laid her head back ont he pillow, holding his hand, she was petrified. The doctor finally knocked on the door, "Hey Aly," He said, "Sorry it took me so long to get in, I wasn't expecting to see you for another few weeks," He told her. He came closer to her bedside, "The fainting spell you had was from the medication you're taking right now, with the day that you had it tired out your body making you faint," He told her, 'But, we've also found out that the cancer has spread to your lungs already." He told her.

It killed Drew to hear the news. He had to be strong for Aly but he didn't know how much more of this he could take. "What does this mean? What do we have to do now?"

Aly just nodded as she tried to take it all in, "We're going to admit you to the hospital tonight and run some tests," He told them, "Once those results are in we'll plan chemo treatments, they're going to be starting sooner than we thought."?

"Can I talk to you outside?" Drew asked him. He had questions that he didn't want to ask infront of Aly.

"Of course," The doctor nodded as he followed Andrew outside, shutting the door behind him.

"Whats her prognosis now?" Drew asked, knowing the cancer in her lungs changed things. "I mean does she even have a chance with treatment or is she just going to suffer?"

"We won't know until her tests come back," The doctor told him honestly, "We can operate with surgery and centralize the cancer cells so the chemo and radiation can take care of them," He said.

"I don't want you to tell me what I want to hear. Tell me the truth. What are her chances she survives all this?" Drew asked him. He needed the truth.

The Doctor looked at him and sighed, "Right now we're looking at a 40% survival rate, with chemo and surgery we could give her 18-24 months comfortably, but like I said once I get the test back we'll have a more clear answer," He told him.

Drew almost felt like he was going to be sick when the doctor told him Alys chances. He couldn't stand to think he might have less than 2 years left with her. "Is there anything else you can do?"

"Surgery is our best option as of now, there's a stronger form of chemo that would keep her in the hospital and wouldn't be outpatient like what she had in the past." He informed him.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 NEXT

Reply to Thread