Chasing Life

Pages PREV 1 . . . 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 . . . 93 NEXT

"Can you turn on Nemo?" Leo asked her.
--
"You want to get some food or something before we go tell your family?" Drew asked.

Mia just chuckled, "Donyou want to try something new to watch?" She asked.
--
"No," Aly said softly as she walked to his car.

"Nemos my favorite." Leo told her. "Hes like me. He never knew his mom and he's got a bad fin so its just him and his daddy until Dory comes in and makes them better."
--
"You want to go straight to your parents?" Drew asked as he got his keys out.

Mia just looked at him as she ran her hand over his head, "I never thought about that," She smiled, "Maybe that's why Dory is my favorite character."
-
"I guess," Aly shrugged, not really wanting to go anywhere.

"You're like Dory but you don't forget stuff." Leo laughed and took a bite of his pancakes.
--
Drew got in the car but didn't start it. He needed a minute of quiet. "Aly...I don't know what to say to make this easier."

"I think that's a good thing," She chuckled before starting the movie for him.?
-
Aly looked down at her lap, fiddling with her ring, "Because it's not meant to be easy."

"Can I have more pancakes when I finish these?" He asked her.
--
"I don't know how to help you." Drew said as he looked over at her. "I want to help."

"We'll see," Mia said, "Dad or I will be back tocheck on you soon.," She told him before heading back out to the kitchen.
-
"All you can do for me right now Andrew is just be here, and be there when the treatments start," Aly told him, "I can't do all of this alone."

"How is he?" Leo asked as he put their eggs on a plate.
--
"You won't." Drew said as he placed his hand on her shoulder. "I'll be there through all of this."

"I put Nemo on, again," She told him, giving him a look, " I asked him why this was his favorite and he said that he and Nemo are exactly the same." She smiled.
-
"Then why did you sound so hesistant to get married before my chemo starts?" Aly asked.

"Thats why he loves that movie." Elliot smiled. "We need to get him the sequel."
--
"I'm not hesitant to get married. I'd marry you today if you wanted. But if its going to add to stress and hurt your treatment, I wouldn't want to do anything to make that happen." Drew explained.

"It's so cute, I watched a little bit of it with one of my patients last week," She told him.
-
Aly wiped under her eyes, "Its not if we do it beforehand," She told him, "I want you to have the power of attorney so that, God forbid, anything goes wrong you get the final say."

"I had to take Leo opening weekend. He couldn't stand to wait." Elliot laughed.
--
Drew hated to hear her talk like that but it was something they had to acknowledge. "Okay."

"Did he like it as much of the original?" She asked.
-
Aly just nodded as she looked back down again, wiping under her eyes.

"Yeah but I don't think anything could pull him away from the first one." Elliot smiled.
--
Drew closed his eyes and tried to calm himself but couldn't keep from crying instead.

"I liked it better than the original," Mia said as she went to pour some batter on the griddle to make them pancakes.
-
It broke her heart to hear him cry, she took his hand and stayed quiet as she thought of everything, like having to put her senior year of college on hold for her treatments.

"Its all the same to me." Elliot shrugged. He didn't care much for kids movies but he didn't mind them.
--
Drew pulled away from her and got out of the car as he cried. He always tried to keep himself together but he couldn't do that now knowing how sick she was.

"Too each their own," Mia smirked as she flipped the pancakes.
-
Aly got out of the car and walked around to him, "Andrew..." She put her hands on his hips as she looked up at him, "Please, look at me."

"When do you have to work again?" Elliot asked as he got their plates ready.
--
Drew wiped his eyes and looked at her. "I can't lose you."

"Sunday," Mia told him, "But it's the day shift so I'll be home that night," She said.
-
Aly hated that she couldn't promise him that he wasn't going to lose her, "I'm going to fight this with everything I've got, I promise you," She told him.

"I like it when you're home nights. We can practice for our honeymoon." Elliot teased, wrapping an arm around her from behind.
--
"Doesn't fix it." Drew cried and wiped his eyes again. "Its not fair. You don't deserve any of this. It should be me."

Mia just chuckled as she turned around in his arms, "Who said we can only do that at night?" She asked with a raised eyebrow.
-
Aly began to cry once more when he said that, "No, this shouldn't be anyone, but I'm glad it's me and not you," She told him, "I couldn't bare to watch you go through this and feel what this is all like," She said as she wiped his tears from his face.

"I'd prefer our kid not walk in on us." Elliot laughed.
--
"I can't bare it." Drew told her. "I don't know what to do." he said as he cried again.

"Nemo's on, he's not moving for awhile," Mia pointed out with a smirk, "Plus, you just called him our kid and that makes me think your ten times hotter."
-
"Just look at me," Aly said, "Look at me and remember me now, before the weight loss and hair loss," She said, "I'm never going to leave you, I promise babe, I'm going to fight with everything I have to beat this."
(ugh they're breaking my heart.)

"If talking about Leo gets you going, we've got a serious problem." Elliot teased as he pulled her closer.
--
"You have to beat it." Drew said weakly. "I can't live if you don't."

(me too =[ im off to bed ttyl)

"Oh shut up," Mia smirked as she put her arm around his waist.
-
Aly continued to cry, "Don't talk like that, please."

Elliot smiled and kissed her softly.
--
"Im serious." Drew told her. "I can't live without you."

Mia smiled against his lips as she kissed him back and pulled him closer.
--
Aly just pressed her forehead against his chest as she continued to cry, she couldn't promise him that she'd beat it.

Elliot rested his hands on her hips as he kissed her.
--
"Why is this happening again?" Drew cried. He couldn't stay positive anymore.

Mia moved her hands to his neck as she continued to kiss him.?
--
Aly just shook her head against his chest as she squeezed her arms tighter around him.?

Elliot kissed her harder as he pulled her closer.
--
"We should go to another hospital. Get a second opinion." Drew said, hoping her doctor was wrong.

Mia pulled away, "What happened to not wanting our kid to walk in on us?" She teased before going back to kissing him.
--
Aly looked up at him, "Scans don't lie, you saw them yourself," She said softly.

"What happened to thinking he'll be into his movie for a while?" Elliot smirked back.
--
"They could have read them wrong." he pointed out.

"Well he is bed ridden," Mia teased as she went back to kissing him.
-
"He didn't read them wrong," She said in a soft tone.

"Thats got a silver lining for us right?" Elliot smirked as he kissed her again.
--
"You want to believe what he said is true?" He asked her.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 . . . 93 NEXT

Reply to Thread