Chasing Life

Pages PREV 1 . . . 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 . . . 95 NEXT

"No, I got it," Mia told him as she got the pancakes off the griddle with a spatchula.
--
Aly's legs swung back and forth as she sat on the exam table in the doctor's office. She was waiting on her scans to come back and she couldn't hardly stand the waiting process.

"I can make something else to go with it." Elliot suggested.
-
Drew flipped through a magazine as he waited for the doctor to come back but it wasn't taking his mind off his fears. "You want some water or coffee or something?" he asked Aly.

"If you want," Mia shrugged as she put two pancakes on a plate and cut them into smaller pieces for Leo.
--
"No, I'm good," Aly said softly as she looked down at her feet.

"You going to look at me at some point?" Elliot asked softly.
--
"Your doctor sure likes to take his time huh?" Drew teased, trying to lighten the mood.

Mia let out a sigh as she turned and leaned on the counter to look at him, "Happy?" She asked.
-
"Tell me about it," Aly said softly, she was a nervous wreck. Dr. Robbins knocked before entering, "Alright Aly, these scans finally came back," He told her, taking a deep breath as he looked at her. Aly didn't like how he walked in, "You have stage 3 lymphocytic leukemia."

"Not paticularly. I want to work this out." Elliot said honestly.
--
Drew felt dizzy when he said stage 3. He knew that wasn't good. He almost mumbled when he spoke, "You can treat it though right?"

"What is there to work out Elliot, you told me yesterday you needed time," Mia said, feeling and sounding defeated.
-
Aly was frozen she just stared blankly at the floor as she tried to process all of this. The doctor nodded, "We can treat it with chemo and radiation of course, your's Aly, is not only in your lymph nodes, but also in your spleen and liver," He told them.

"I meant that I need time to show you that I'm trying." Elliot told her. "Leo kept calling you mommy this morning. I didn't tell him to stop..you are his mother and I don't want to do anything to hurt that."
--
"So what does that mean?" Drew asked him. "does she need transplants?"

Mia looked up at him when he said that, "What?" She asked, not believing she heard him correctly.
-
"Were not going to look at transplants right now," Dr. Robbins said, "We want to focus on the chemo and radiation treatments. We will most likely take out your spleen, and if needed give you a transplant." He said as he looked to Aly who was still expressionless

Elliot stepped closer and took her hands. "You're his mother and he loves you. I was being an idiot yesterday."
--
"how soon do we start all this?" He asked him

Mia burst into a smile before squeezing his hands and moving into kiss him quickly.
-
"As soon as possible," The Doctor said, looking to Aly again, "Stage 3 is very serious but it is not terminal. We are going to work very hard to make sure it doesn't spread anymore than it already has. But you do have a long road ahead Alyson." She finally looked up, she wiped a stray tear from her face, "You.. you said it wasn't terminal," She sniffles, "But what if nothing works? How... how.." She breathed, "How long would I have?"

Elliot kissed her back and smiled. "I take it we're done fighting?"
--
(i assume i can play him here? lol)
"Without treatment, probably... 6 months. Maybe less." The doctor said softly. "But with treatment, you have a very good chance as long as you stick with the program."

Mia nodded although she still felt like she was second to him, "Yeah, I guess," She said before pecking his lips again.
--
Aly closed her eyes hard as she listened to him talk, "I'll give you to a minute, when I come back we'll schedule your treatments."

"I love you. You knnow that right?" He asked honestly.
--
Drew stood up from his chair and instantly wrapped his arms around Aly. He didn't know what to say but he knew she was in hell.

"I know, and I love you too," Mia told him, squeezing his hands once more, "I think it's time for us to finally take our honeymoon," She said after a moment, "I think we need to get away and just be newlyweds for a little bit," She told him.?
-
Aly completely lost it against his chest when he wrapped his arms around her. She couldn't believe this was happening not only again, but worse than the first time.

"We can't leave Leo the way he is." Elliot said, even though he wanted their honeymoon. "He needs round the clock care."
-
"I'm sorry." Drew said and finally cried. He didn't want to accept the reality of her diagnosis before now.

"Babe, I'm not saying tomorrow," She told him, "I'm saying we need to start planning, when Leo is out of the bed and back to school, he can stay with my sister or your parents," She said.
-
Aly looked up, it broke her heart to see him cry, she put his hands on his cheeks and wiped his tears under his eyes, "You have nothing so apologize for," Her voice cracked, "I'm sorry my body isn't strong enough to fight this," She said, "I love you so much."

"Where do you want to go?" Elliot asked her.
-
"Don't talk like that." Drew said, forcing himself to hold back his anger. "You're strong enough to fight this."

Mia shrugged, "It doesn't matter to me," She told me, "I just want to get away with you, destress from everything and enjoy each other."
-
"If I was strong enough we wouldn't be here right now," Aly pointed out to him, wiping under her eyes.

(I thought Asher and Shelby would match up well on Neon Lights.)

"I'll find someplace then." Elliot smiled and kissed her again.
--
"You are strong enough. Its not your fault this is happening again." Drew said and held her face in hs hands. "I love you. We're not giving up."

Mia placed her hand on his cheek as she kissed him back, "I love you Mr. Sawyer," She pulled away with a smile.
-
"I love you too," Aly said before crying again, she laid her head on his shoulder.

"I love you too Mrs. Sawyer." Elliot smiled. "I'll go take Leo his breakfast."
(she should get preggers on their honeymoon or find out shes preggers there =] )
--
Drew held her and rubbed her back. "You'll be okay."

(I like finding out she's pregnant there!)?
"No, he wanted me to make him pancakes, I'll take them to him," She said with a smir as she grabbed Leo's plate to head to his room.
-
Aly looked up at him once more, "I want to get married before my treatments start," She told him, "I want to tell our families about my diagnosis today and within the next few weeks I want to have our wedding."

"You're the boss." Elliot smirked and started making eggs.
--
"Are you sure?" Drew asked, though he felt the same way. "I don't want you making any rash decisions."

Mia poured the syrup on his pancakes before walking them to Leo's room, "Morning sunshine," She said as she walked in.
--
Aly nodded quickly, "Andrew, we don't know how this is going to go in the longrun," She said, even though she hated admitting it, "I've wanted to be married to you since I was ten years old, please, can we please get married while I have sort of normalcy left?"

"Hi mommy." Leo said with a yawn. "Pancakes?" he smiled when he saw the tray of food.
--
"Yes. We'll do it." Drew assured her and kissed her softly. "We'll get married as soon as possible."

"I promised you pancakes didn't I?" Mia asked with a grin as she sat it in front of him, "How are you feeling?"
-
Aly rested her head against his chest once more as her sobs subsided. A few moments later Dr Robbins returned with some paperwork for her, "You're first dose of chemo and radiation is going to be the strongest to jumpstart the treatment," He told her, "We'll admit you for about two to three weeks, we're available to start that at the end of the month if that works for you?" Aly listened, "That will be in three weeks," She noted, "Yeah, that works for me," She told him, "Will I be okay to wait that long?" She asked, "Yes, it gives us time to run more in depth test and get a grip on how strong it is in each of the infected organs."

"This hurts." he said, pointing to his stitches on his chest.
--
"Hey doc is she..is she strong enough to get married? Will the added stress of?a wedding be alright?" Drew asked worriedly. This was all so much so fast.

"Okay, well don't touch it," Mia told him, "It's going to be sore, it's a big cut," She said.?
--
Aly just looked at him, feeling like he didn't want to get married to her right away because she was sick, "Andrew, why are you asking him that?"?

"When do the stitches come out?" He asked her.
--
"If theres any chance that getting married will hurt you, I want to know." Drew explained.

"When you've healed a little more," Mia said, "When they start to itch, that's when we'll know."
-
Aly shook his head, not believing this. Dr. Robbins finally woke up, "I don't believe wedding stress would cause too much harm to you Aly, unless it was more than a year or so out, or hadn't been planned at all." He told them.?

"how can I itch them if I can't touch them?" Leo asked, thinking that they'd heal if he scratched them.
--
Drew nodded and thought about what he said. "Are we okay to leave or do you need to do more testing?"

"You don't need to itch them," Mia said, "Just let me know when they start to itch, okay?"
-
Dr. Robbins nodded, "Just sign this Aly," He said, handing her over the paperwork for her upcoming treatment, she signed it. "We will see you in three weeks then, please do not hesitate to call me if you need anything," He told her.

"okay." Leo said and sat up to eat his pancakes.
-
"Thank you." Drew said as the doctor left.

"Okay, I'm going to go finish breakfast for me and your dad, are you good?" Mia asked him.
--
Aly got up and grabbed her things before leaving the doctor's office with Andrew.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 . . . 95 NEXT

Reply to Thread