Chasing Life

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 86 NEXT

"Have any food allergies I should know about?" Elliot asked her.

Chase kicked off his shoes before pulling back the blankets and climbing into the bed. He folded his hands behind his head. "I don't remember the last time I've napped." He chuckled.

Mia shook her head, "Nope, I'm good in that department," She told him with a nod.
- - - 
Emily looked over at him, "I know, I can't either," She said, they were both really busy with their jobs. "But now we can nap together, so enjoy it," She told him, kissing his cheek. 

He snuggled into her before closing his eyes. It wasn't long before he drifted off to sleep. He woke himself up in a coughing fit. He hurried to the bathroom to try to regain his composure.

Emily woke up when she heard him coughing. She went downstairs quickly to grab him a glass of water, she lightly tapped on the bathroom door when she retuned upstairs, "I got you some water," She said softly as she leaned against the counter.

"Leo is a bit limited so I figure I might as well be curtious of other peoples health." He teased and pulled up to the restaurant. 

"Well that's understandable," Mia told him as she got out of the car to go inside.

"So have you ever eaten here before?" He asked as they walked into the nice restaruant. He hadn't been there since before Leo's mother died.

Mia looked up, "No I haven't," She told him, "But I heard it's delicious," She told him, she didn't have a lot lf friends and she worked a lot so she never really got out much.

"If I remember correctly, its got pretty good food." Elliot told her. He didn't get out much anymore.

"I can't wait to find out," Mia told him with a smile as they walked inside.

Soon they were seated and given menus to look over. He realized a lot had changed since he'd been there. "Everything looks good here."

"Yeah, it's going to be hard to choose," Mia chuckled as she scanned the menu.

"I take it you don't get out much, with the job you have?" Elliot asked as he looked up from his menu.

"I could if I wanted too," Mia told him with a shrug, "A lot of the other nurses have families or social lives so I pick up extra shifts so they can enjoy themselves."

"Why don't you ever take time for yourself?" Elliot asked curiously.

"Other people need me more than I need myself," Mia said non chalantly.

"You should atleast enjoy a nice restaurant every once in a while." Elliot teased.

"Well I get to tonight, and thank you for that," Mia smiled before looking back on the menu. Everything sounded so good, she didn't know what to choose.

"Thank you for helping Leo. This is the least I can do." Elliot told her. He was grateful that she was so good with Leo and his heart.

"It's not problem, he's such a sweetheart," Mia told him with a soft smile. Although, she thought this was a date and not a thank you dinner.

Chase finally stopped coughing and regained enough composure to open the door. He gave her a half smile, "Thanks hun." He said taking the glass from her and taking a long sip.

"You're welcome," Emily said with a smile, rubbing his back softly, "C'mon, let's get back in bed," She told him.

Chase nodded and followed her back over to the bed, taking another sip before climbing back in. "Sorry I woke you...that's never happened like that before." He said. He had always had small coughing fits but this one was a bit extreme.

"You don't have to apologize," Emily told him, she went over to close the blinds to make it a little darker.

"He really loves you." Elliot told her honestly. Leo was a kid so he trusted easily but it was different with Mia.

"What? I get a free pass on being a douche now too...this just keeps getting better and better." He joked, a grin on his face.

Mia smiled, "I try to find something special about all my patients, something that can connect me to them and make them more comfortable," She told him, "But with Leo, it's different," 
- - - 
Emily looked over at him, "Oh, I never said that," She said with a smirk before crawling back into bed with him.

"How so?" Elliot asked curiously. He knew that she was Leo's favorite nurse but he didn't know if she had favorite patients.

"I don't know how to explain it," Mia told him, "He just has this certain light about him, your son is very special," She said wth a smile.

"Thank you." Elliot smiled and knew what she meant. Leo was the light of his life. "I just hope he gets a heart soon."

"I'm sure he will, he's the next in the pediatric line," She said, restating what he already knew.

"If he does get a new heart and he recovers fine, I hope you'll stay in his life. I think hes kind of attached to you." He pointed out.

Mia chuckled, "I'd love to stay in his life in any way I can," She told him.

"Good." Elliot smiled and went back to looking at the menu.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 86 NEXT

Reply to Thread