Chasing Life

Pages PREV 1 . . . 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 . . . 95 NEXT

Chase returned from the kitchen. "Wanna go for a walk? I could use some fresh air." He asked her.

Emily nodded, "Sure, just let me run upstairs and grab my shoes and a sweatshirt," She told him, "Need anything?" She asked.

"No I think my shoes are by the door."  He told her.  When she was upstairs he put on his shoes and slipped into a light jacket.

Emily grabbed a sweatshirt from the closet and put her shoes on before meeting him by the door, "Ready to go?" She asked wth a smile.

"Yeah." He answered her opening the door and motioning for her to go out.

Once the were out of their driveway and into the sidewalk, Emily grabber Chase's hand as they walked through their neighborhood.

"It's not too bad out tonight." He said as they strolled along.

"No, not at all," Emily agreed, "That breeze actually feels nice," She smiled.

Chase nodded in agreement. A couple of their neighbors were walking their dog and he leaned down to pet it's head as they passed, having the normal, 'hello...how are you?' Conversation with them. As they walked on Chase looked at Emily, "We should get a dog." He grinned.

Emily looked at him with a smile, she would love to get a dog. She'd wanted one for awhile, "Babe, I'd love to get a dog," She told him, "But are you sure it's the best thing to do now/?" She asked, she knew he'd be getting worse soon, and with his treatments starting soon, training and caring for a dog would be hard. 

"Yeah...I think it will good for both of us." He said. "Something to occupy our minds and our time." He grinned.

Emily was hesitant for a moment before finally smiling up at him, "Fine, we can get a dog," She said.

He chuckled, "We can go check out the pounds tomorrow if you want." He grinned.

Emily pulled off a smile for him, "That's sounds good to me," She told him, squeezing his hand.

"I'm excited."  He said, smiling back at her.  "I'll be like our child...we'll celebrate it's birthday...make it's height on the door frame...all the normal stuff." 

Emily nodded, looking at the ground, "I think the height thing might be a little much." 

"Really?" He frowned teasingly. "I don't think so."

"It's a dog, not a child," Emily reminded him, "Are you sure this is the best idea? I mean shouldn't we look into hypoallergenic dogs or do more research before going to the pound?" She asked, she couldn't help but worry about him.

"I don't think it matters really." He chuckled. "But if it makes you feel better I can call my doctor and ask."

Emily sighed, "I'm sorry if I'm being annoying, but I just want you to be okay, and when your treatments start you're immune system goes down," She said, "I just want you to be okay."

He took her hand and gave it a squeeze. "I know that. ..I just don't want you to worry about it so much. " He told her. "I trust the doctors to do what they have to do for me and in the meantime I want to keep living my life...with you..."

Emily nodded her head, kissing his cheek, "I want to do that too."

"Good." He said moving his hand from hers to wrap his arm around her shoulder.

Emily leaned into him as they walked back around their block, back to their house.

Once they were inside Chase went over to the computer.  "Let's look at some of the pounds around here. See what we need to do."  He said.

Emily followed him over to the computer, sitting in his lap as he started his search.

Chase searched their area for pet adoption and a few things came up. He clicked on on of the pictures of a small black and brown dog. "Look it has a biography too." He chuckled.

Emily looked and read over the dog's biography, "He's three but not house trained," She read, "I'm sorry babe, but this one is a no." If they were going to do this, she wanted a puppy that they could train themselves or an older dog who already knew things.

"Yeah I think we are on the same page about that. " He said to her as he continued to look through the pictures.

Emily wrapped an arm around his shoulder so she wouldn't fall off his lap as she continued to look on the screen with him.

"I don't know...I guess we will just have to see in person." He told her after a few more minutes of looking over the site.

"I think that'd be best," Emily nodded with a smile towards him, she leaned forward and kissed his cheek.

He wrapped his arms around her and twirled them around in the chair. He kissed her back on her forehead. "I'm excited." He told her.

Emily laughed as they spun around in the chair, "I can tell," She said.

"I'll call my doctor first thing in the morning and we can go from there." He told her.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 . . . 95 NEXT

Reply to Thread