The Secret Society

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

"I wouldn't mind that as long as she doesn't realize she's been messed with," Maggie said.
--
"What is it going to do?" He asked.

"I could put a sleep spell on her when she goes to bed so you could sneak out. She won't wake up until I take it off." He suggested.
--
"It'll give you more control and let you hone senses." Sarina told him. "Its mixed with wolfsbane so you don't have to turn on the full moon unless you want to."

Maggie thought for a moment, "Would that really work?" She asked with a sly smile.
-
Clay nodded before taking it and looking over the jar, "What do I owe you for this?" He asked.

"Yeah. She won't even know." Jack explained.
-
"Don't worry about it." Sarina told him.

"Then that sounds like our best option," Maggie chuckled.
-
"I need to give you something," Clay said, "Can I buy you a cup of coffee then sometime?"

"When does she go to bed?" Jack asked her.
-
"That would be nice." Sarina smiled.

"Around 10 most nights," Maggie told him.
-
"Alright," Clay smiled, "Can I meet you at the coffee shop tomorrow morning then? I open the store at 9."

"I'll pick you up at 10:30. If you can sneak me in, I can do the spell." Jack told her.
-
"I'd like that." Sarina nodded.

"Okay," Maggie nodded before writing her address down on a piece of paper for him.
-
"Okay, I'll see you in the morning then," Clay smiled.

"You couldnt text it to me?" Jack asked, wondering if she even had a phone.
-
"I'll see you then..sort of." Sarina chuckled.

"I'm old school," Maggie smirked, "Plus, I left my phone at home."
-
"Okay," Clay chuckled, "Have a good rest of your day." He said before leaving the shop.

"I shouldn't be surprised. You've gone centuries without a phone." Jack pointed out.?

Maggie shrugged, "I think they've only gotten worse over the years too."

"Why is that?" Jack asked.

"Just watching the way communication between people and how it's changed throughout time," Maggie said, "People rarely have face to face conversations anymore, it's kind of sad."

"I like talking to your face." Jack said before shaking his head. "Yeah, that sounded weird."

Maggie couldn't help but laugh," Yes it did, but I know what you meant," She smiled.

"You should give me your number anyway." He said.

"I did the other night at the masquerade," Maggie reminded him with a chuckle.

"I tried calling you and got no answer. I thought it was a fake." Jack pointed out.

"Why would I give you a fake number?" Maggie asked.

"Maybe you didn't like me?" Jack shrugged.

"Then I would've just told you instead of lying," Maggie pointed out.

"Fair enough." Jack laughed.

"I usually tell it like it is, so you don't have to worry about me lying to you," Maggie chuckled.

"I'm glad to hear that." Jack laughed.

"I hate to cut this short, but my mom will be back any minute now," Maggie said as she looked up at the time.

"I'll get out of here." Jack nodded. "I'll see you tonight."

"I'll see you tonight," Maggie smiled before going back to organizing the front desk.

(Want to skip to that night?)

(Yeah that works)

Jack quietly walked to the back door of Maggie's house so Isobel wouldn't know he was there.

Maggie came down to let Jack in, "I haven't had to sneak like this in years," She chuckled.

"Sorry to break your streak." He laughed. "Is your mom asleep?"

"Yeah, she just went up to bed about 20 minutes ago," Maggie told him.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

Reply to Thread