The Secret Society

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

(should we skip ahead a few days?)

(yeah, that works for me)

Jack walked into the museum and smiled to himself when he saw Maggie working. He did a little research on her history to find out more about her. "Morning Maggie."
-
Sarina worked in her shop, reorganizing with her assistant?and making her famous medicinal "elixirs." She had a feeling Clayton would stop by and she was keeping herself busy until then.

Maggie was dusting some shelves when she heard her name and turned around. She smiled when she saw Jack, "Hey, what are you doing here?" She asked.
--
Clay got his coffee and walked out, noticing Sarina's shop across the street. He told her he would stop by once he got back from his cabin, he didn't have much to do today so he decided to go now and make good on his promise.

"It's a history museum right? I'm looking to learn some history." Jack chuckled.
--
"I knew you'd be in today." Sarina said, knowing immediately who it was.

Maggie just gave him a look before smirking, "Yeah? And what part of history would you like to learn about?" She asked.
--
Clay looked around the shop before looking to Sarina, "I told you I'd stop by when I returned," He said.

"This beautiful French princess. I think you might know of her." Jack said, pulling his book out and opening it to an old portrait of her and her family. "Look familiar?"
-
"And how was your wilderness adventure?" Sarina asked him.

Maggie looked at the page and ran her hand over her portrait, she read the small paragraph about her and her family, "She does look a little familiar, they could never quite get my nose right," She teased.
--
"It was relaxing," Clay nodded, "I did some hunting, some fishing, some drinking."

"Any of the informaton accurate?" He asked curiously.
-
"Really? You did all of that as a wolf?" Sarina teased.

Maggie re-read the small paragraph over, "My father was killed by my mother," She said, "But that'll never be in a history book," She told him.
--
"I stayed for a few more days afterwards," Clay explained.

"There's some speculation to how you died." He pointed out.
-
"I'm glad you got back safely." Sarina told him.

"Oh yeah?" She asked, "Let's here it," She chuckled.
-
"You didn't see that I would?" Clay smirked.

"Some say you died of a plague. Others say it was rumored that your father killed you and your mother and the king in a vengeful rage." Jack told her.
-
"I'm trying to be modest." She teased. "But if you'd like to see what your future holds, we can do a tarot reading."

Maggie nodded, "Love a good history book," She chuckled.
-
Clay thought for a moment, "Sure, why not," He said.

"Its an interesting history you have." Jack laughed.
--
"Come on back here." Sarina said and led him to her reading room.

"If only the books had the true story," Maggie smirked.
-
Clay nodded before following her back to the room.

"I don't think that would go over well with the council." Jack teased.
-
"Have a seat." She said and took her sunglasses off before grabbing the tarrot cards.

"Or anyone else for that matter," She chuckled.
--
Clay sat down in the seat across from her as she laid out the cards.

"Yeah but the council would kill you before anyone else." He laughed.
--
"What do you want to know?" She asked him.

"That honestly wouldn't be the most horrible thing that could happen to me," Maggie shrugged nonchalantly as she cleaned up the front desk a bit.
--
"I don't know," Clay shrugged, "Anything that you see?" He asked.

"Aren't you just a little ball of sunshine?" Jack teased her. "Are you busy tonight?"
-
Sarina ran her fingers over the braille?cards to read what they said. "According to the cards,theres tension in your professional life and lonliness in your personal life."

"I'm never busy," Maggie chuckled as she continued to clean the shelves.
-
"Really?" Clay said as he looked at the cards, it was true from the most part.

"Do you want to go out or something?" Jack asked, tryin not to let his nerves show.
-
"Thats what they say." She said and laid down another card. "This is interesting. Theres a struggle inside you. Looks like your two souls are?fighting one another?for dominance."

"I'd like that," Maggie said with a smile before it faded, "But I don't think I'd be able too."
-
"What does that mean exactly?" Clay asked her.

"Because of your mom?" Jack asked her. "Isn't there a way to get around her?"
--
"When you're a wolf, you want to stay a wolf. When you're human, you want to stay human." Sarina pointed out. "Your two lives bleed into one another don't they? Even now, I'll bet you've got some wolf instincts in you."

"Not really, she's quite spiteful," Maggie said, "It's almost like I'd have to ask the opposite to get what I want."
-
"I guess that's true, but I try to suppress them," He said, maybe it wasn't the best idea to do this reading.

"So we'll do that. Some council members are having a dinner party tonight. Your mom might drag you to it." Jack told her.
-
"You can't be man or wolf Clay. You're both. Embrace it." Sarina told him. "You'll have more control you know? The moon doesn't have to control you."

"What by telling her how I'd like to go to the dinner?" Maggie asked, "She'd suspect something."
-
"I have to let it so that I don't have to live my entire life in seclusion, I can't be a full wolf here."

"You could just ask her about it." Jack shrugged.
-
"Do you want to be a full wolf?" Sarina asked curiously.

"I'll let you know how that goes," Maggie chuckled, knowing it wouldn't go well.
-
"No, I'd like to be the way I am," Clay chuckled.?

"You could lie to her." Jack pointed out.
-
"I may have something that can help." Sarina told him. "You won't mind drinking a little witches brew will you?"

"Mhm and what would I say?" Maggie smirked.
-
Clay gave her a look, remembering she couldn't see his face, "What is in that exactly?"

"Whatever you need to." Jack said. "You know her better than I do."
-
"Its just?my collection of herbs and teas with a magical touch. I'll show you." She said and got up from the table.

"If she catches me you know I'll never see you again, right?" Maggie told him.
--
Clay followed her into another room to see what she was talking about.

"You forget I'm a warlock." Jack reminded her. "I can mess with her mind."
-
Sarina took him into the back storage room and felt around for the right jar. "These are too potent to sell to the humans. I reserve them for society members." she said as she handed him a jar. "Drink one ounce each day."

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

Reply to Thread