The Secret Society

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

"If he wouldn't have been such a prick maybe she wouldn't have been such a nightmare," Brooks said.
-
"The history museum downtown," Maggie told him.
-
"I tend to go to my cabin for the whole week, some seclusion is always nice," Clay told her.

"Did I hit a nerve?" Isobel smirked at him.
-
"I've actually never been there." Jack said. "I used to pass it all the time."
-
"I can come to you." Sarina suggested. "Unless you don't want to be read."

"My brother and I were never close, but how he treated women was what made me absolutely hate him." Brooks admitted.
-
"Well, I'm there everyday in the gift shop from open to close," ?Maggie told him.
-
"I like to be alone when I'm there," Clay told him, "How about I come by when I return?"?

Isobel was surprised at how different they actually were. "So you two didn't get along very well huh?"
-
"I'll have to check it out sometime." Jack smiled at her.
-
"Sure." Sarina nodded.

"We didn't really speak after our parents passed," He told her.
-
Maggie smiled, "Sounds good," She said before taking a sip of her drink.
-
"Okay," Clay smiled to her, "I should get going."

"Must have been hard to hear he passed." Isobel noted. She knew how painful it was to lose loved ones.
-
"You go to school?" Jack asked after sipping his drink.
-
"I'll see you around." Sarina smiled softly.

"A little," Brooks nodded before looking out to the crowd and then back to her, "Would you like a drink?" He asked.
--
"No," Maggie shook her head, "I just go from home to the museum mostly," She shrugged.
--
Clay nodded with a smile before stepping through the crowd to head to the cabin.

"I would." Isobel smiled and nodded.
-
"So you never get to do anything else?" Jack asked surprised.

"What's your poison?" He asked as they walked to the bar.
-
"Not really," She said with a nervous chuckle.

"Red wine. Deep red." Isobel said, referring to the blood infused specialty drink?for vampires.
-
"I should take you out then. I'm obligated to show you a good time." Jack smiled.

Brooks nodded with a smirk before ordering them each a drink. He handed to her once the bartender poured it.
-
"Is that a promise or a threat?" Maggie teased.

Isobel took a sip and licked her lips. "B positive. My favorite."
-
"Neither." Jack laughed. "Its an offer."

"Thank God thats not my blood type," He smirked.
--
"I gladly accept then," Maggie smirked.

"You've got witches blood. Tastiest of all." Isobel told him.
-
"Let me give you a tour of the manor." Jack said, setting his drink down.

"And you'd know?" Brooks asked.
-
"I'd like that," Maggie smiled, she set her drink down as well before taking his arm.

"I've had witch before." Isobel explained. "Alistair and I had a brief liaison."
-
"This is the ballroom, obviously." Jack said and walked toward the back.

Brooks nodded as he took a sip, not knowing that when they were talking about his late brother.
-
"Obviously," Maggie chuckled.

"That bother you?" Isobel asked as she studied his body language.
--
"Back this way is the parlor. Council usually has private meetings there." Jack said.

"After the way you spoke about his activities, I just didn't expect it," Brooks said.
-
"So this'll is where is happens," Maggie said, unamused.

"He wasn't a good guy but he was a great lay so what the hell." Isobel smirked and sipped her drink.
-
"Back here is the cool part." Jack said, pulling open a bookshelf to reveal a secret door.

"Atleast you're honest," Brooks smirked, taking a sip of his drink.
-
"Where does it lead?" Maggie asked curiously as she looked.

"Of course. I hate liars." Isobel said, thinking of the many she'd put down over the years.
-
"Its kind of a dungeon." Jack said. "Its for those in the society who break the rules. You want to see?"

(off to bed)

"I do as well," Brooks told her, he felt that everyone in that world was nothing but liars though.
--
"Is there anyone down there now?" Maggie asked as she followed him.

"Thats one thing we've got in common." Isobel teased.
-
"Might be." Jack shrugged. "I haven't been down here in years."

"Just one?" Brooks teased.
-
"Did you used to frequent this place?" Maggie teased.

"I'm sure there's more than one." Isobel smirked.?
-
"I was never locked up if that's what you mean." Jack laughed and walked down the hallway between the cells.?

"I don't know I've never had too much in common with vampires," Brooks teased her once more.
--
"Oh good," Maggie chuckled as she followed behind him, the cells they were passing were empty so far, "I've heard once someone is locked down here they never leave."

"Most people don't. Too weak." Isobel joked. She usually didn't trust anyone other than vampires.
-
"depends I guess. Come here." Jack said, quietly leading her to the last cell where a nearly dead vampire was. "Maurice has been here for 13 years. He's starving to death."

"Do you think I'm weak?" Brooks asked her.
--
Maggie looked into the cell, disgusted by the sight of him, "What did he do?" She asked, she felt horrible for him.

"I'm not sure yet." Isobel said honestly. "I haven't seen you use your powers."
-
"He showed a human his true identity but kept her human. When the council came after her, she refused to be turned so they killed her and locked him up." He explained.?

"That's a fair enough answer," Brooks said, taking a sip of his drink.
--
Maggie nodded as she looked at Maurice, "I couldn't imagine living like that," She told Jack.

"You could always show me." Isobel smirked.
-
"he's nearly dead." Jack said, looking back at him.?

"I live very normally, I don't use my powers often," Brooks said, "Some would think I'm human," He chuckled.
--
"Can we go back upstairs now?" Maggie asked softly, she didn't want to be down here anymore.
?

"Why don't you use them? I would hate to pass as a human if I didn't have to." Isobel pointed out. She couldn't think of anything worse.
-
"Yeah. I'm sorrry, I didn't mean to freak you out." Jack said, walking back towards the entrance.

"I live pretty simply," Brooks said, "I don't like to get ahead with them and I don't use them against others," He told her.
--
Maggie took one last glance at Maurice before following Jack back up the stairs.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread