ED?

I've been wondering if I really do have an eating disorder, I'm undiagnosed clearly but people have been making it a point totell me my eating habits are harmful and I should seek help. I dont eat when I'm upset, I feel disgusting if I eat a big meal/I sometimes cant help it and have to get sick because I feel just gross, I don't normally have an appetite and wont normally eat all three meals a day. I have no idea if I'm just letting people get to me or if it's really become apart of me. ?

is your weight dangerously low?

do you eat and then sometimes make yourself throw up?

anarexic patients are dangerously under weight, but they see themselves as fat.

buleamic eat and purge (throw up. Dentists will notice because frequent throwing up ruins teeth.)

if your weight is OK and you are otherwise healthy then you are OK.

the brain usually makes sure we eateat enough. (which is why dieting is hard, because the brain compensates)

sometimes brain has a problem, iit thinks were fat when where not, so it tells us to eat less than we should, aand person becomes ddangerously underweight. person may die of sstarvation because brain thinks person is super fat.

if anarexic bbelieves they are fat, then brains map of body may be incorrect. person may be able to visualize tthemselves as thin, iin a conscious effort to alter the map of body iin the brain so it more accurately matches their actual body.

(sorry my tablet sseems to have a problem typing)

hope it works out. :)

del677:if your weight is OK and you are otherwise healthy then you are OK.

I'm going to have to disagree with this one. Even overweight people can be considered anorexic. Anorexia is a state of mind that physically affects our bodies. An overweight person can still be starving themselves, and though the body still has fat to keep it alive, it still needs nutrients to keep it functioning correctly. And thinking "well, if I'm a healthy weight, then I must be fine" and continue to starve, that will only worsen the condition and they will get to the point that they are no longer a healthy weight, and it will take much longer for them to recover, they will have an increased chance of heart and other organ problems, and increase the chances of NOT recovering at all. With this illness, the only other option than recovering, is dying.?

WaterBaby:

del677:if your weight is OK and you are otherwise healthy then you are OK.

I'm going to have to disagree with this one. Even overweight people can be considered anorexic. Anorexia is a state of mind that physically affects our bodies. An overweight person can still be starving themselves, and though the body still has fat to keep it alive, it still needs nutrients to keep it functioning correctly. And thinking "well, if I'm a healthy weight, then I must be fine" and continue to starve, that will only worsen the condition and they will get to the point that they are no longer a healthy weight, and it will take much longer for them to recover, they will have an increased chance of heart and other organ problems, and increase the chances of NOT recovering at all. With this illness, the only other option than not recovering, is dying.??

interesting point. thank you.

Reply to Thread