Eating Disorder/Body Image Recovery Stories

Personally, I've dealt with Bulimia for over 3 years in my lifetime, and I've recently been improving quite a lot. I work as an online freelance writer, and I run my own blog. I've had quite a few people ask me about my recovery story, and draw inspiration from it. Due to this, I've been inspired to write a book for those who are struggling or trying to recover. I want to focus less on the medical side of it all, and more on the stories of individuals and what personally helped them make it through. I want to compile all of these stories into one book, along with my own, to hopefully give hope to someone who is struggling. A percentage of the proceeds are going to be donated to the National Eating Disorder Association.

If there is anyone in this forum that would like me to consider using their story in the book, you can email me at:

sierrawoodcock@outlook.com

You can be as detailed as you want (though the more details I have of your situation, the better) and all of the names in your story will be changed to protect your identity.

Even if you were never diagnosed with an Eating Disorder, or you have simply dealt with body image, insecurities, etc., or you have improved but have not yet fully recovered, I would still love for you to send me your story of your experience with these issues. If you have any questions about this project, feel free to email me as well. I will be checking my email more often than this forum, so that will be the best way to contact me. I think this will be a great way to inspire hope for others.

Thanks!

Reply to Thread