Taken advantage of

I was out with friends at a bar. I got way too drunk, unable to remember a lot of the night. My friends older brother drove us to one of our friends apartments where we all proceeded to hang out. I know I went with him outside a couple times to smoke, and at some point my friends had fallen asleep. I think I needed to use the restroom and he helped me get there. The next thing I can remember is him having sex with me against the bathroom counter and finishing him off at the end, but only split seconds of it all.
I have no idea what lead up to it, how it started, whether I said yes or no, if I resisted or just let it happen, or even if I initiated it. It's really been bothering me. This man is 13 years older than I am and is my friends older brother. I would never, ever, do that with a coherent mind. I wouldn't go so far to call it rape, but I most definitely feel taken advantage of. It's emotionally painful and I recognize that it has taken a toll on me. I don't know what to do except to try to forget about it. I'd like to pretend that it didn't happen to me, or that I don't care, but I keep thinking about it.
I was told that I should let my friend know what happened, but how do I tell my friend that her brother did that? If he even did anything to me, what if it was all my fault? Is it even worth it? Should I just keep it to myself?

I feel like you should definitely tell someone. It counts as rape since you weren't in your right mind. You were drunk. Someone who is drunk cannot give consent to sex.

Reply to Thread