Is there anyone else out there like me?

I hate my life. But I despise sharp objects, otherwise I would cut. I have a weird way of self harming: biting. Most people don't think it's a big deal, but it's gotten to the point I have bite marks all over my arms and scars. Does that even count as self harming? I feel like I can't get help because no one thinks biting yourself is a big deal. But I have to wear a jacket all the time to hide my wrists. It's there anyone who understands what I'm going through?

Hi there, what you're describing is considered a form of self mutilation and you do need to seek help for it. Don't be concerned that you will not be taken seriously, you count. You are harming your body, as a coping stratagy. Self harm is not always cutting, I have a friend who pulls her hair out. And one of my top forms of self harm has been burning for many years.?
Anything that you do to purpousley cause harm to yourself is considered a form of self harm. I am sorry to hear that you are going through this, I hope you feel you can express your pain to a family member or a close peer of yours. Who will lead you in the right direction to get the help that you deserve. Love X

Reply to Thread