Depression in son..Please help!

My son is now 15 years old. He is very intelligent and is very good in studies. He always comes first in academics in his class. I wanted him to concentrate not only on studies, but also in extracurricular activities. But my son was not interested in it. His only aim was to become first in class. I didn't find any problem with it until he started to show irritation and anger when someone got higher marks than him. I tried to make him understand that it is not good to keep grudges on others, but he didn't listen to me. This became serious as time passed. He was seen so sad when someone performs better than him in studies. Later on, thinking about all this, he was not even able to concentrate in his studies. He was always seen depressed. His sleeping habits changed and he always complains about having a headache. I decided to take him to a depression therapy near Toronto. I thought of taking him to the therapy so that it could be treated in the beginning stage. I think if left ignored now, it will be a problem in his future. Can I do something without taking him to the therapy?. I asked this because he is now worried about this. I don't know what to do. Please share your opinion about this.?

{Deleted post because above is just an advertisement.}

undefined:
undefined

Thank you for your concern.

Reply to Thread