Massage therapy for depression?

Hi all, I'm new here. Actually, I have been searching for a solution to get rid of anxiety and depression. I am addicted to Lexapro and due to certain health issues, I'm trying to stop the intake of it. Since I am taking medications for AF, my doctor strictly advised me to stop it and not to take any alternative medication. Now, I'm struggling with my Lexapro withdrawal symptoms and depression. I wonder whether I'm supposed to take the drugs that you have mentioned here. She (my doctor) suggested me to try any therapies or yoga to get out of this depression and anxiety. While browsing I read that massage therapy can be used to control depression ( http://dynamicphysiotherapy.ca/blog/massage-therapy/can-we-control-depression-using-massage-therapy/ ). After reading this article I'm planning to get massage therapy with the help of an expert. Does anyone here had tried it to get rid of depression? I hope someone here would have tried it (massage therapy) for depression. It would be kind If you share your experience with this therapy (whether it is good or bad). I would finalize my decision only after considering your experiences and reviews because I'm already fed up with all medications and health issues. It is always a good idea to get a second opinion. :) Thank you in advance.

I don't have anxiety but when I can be bothered, massage therapy does sometimes help me feel more comfortable in my skin and my life. I think different things work for different people though so you should try it but don't expect it to solve all your problems. It's like with medication or support groups, it can help others but you have to find what's right for you. I do recommend it though because for me, it felt kind of like this weight was just lifted off me and I didn't feel as held down.

Reply to Thread