Please help

Please help me, I need advice! In January I finally after having depression for a little under 4 years told my doctor. She told my mom later that day and gave her a list of psychiatrists in the area that she recommends. I don't know if she realizes how severe my depression is or not but I keep asking her to make an appointment and she keeps making excuses or giving me whatever reasons she to why she hasn't gotten to it. It's getting so much worse with people at school bullying me. I don't know what to do, I just want to kill myself so bad. I've been skipping school to get away from the bullies because I can't take it. Is there any way to get free help as a 16 year old? I live in California.

Look online and find a local help hotline

When I was in school we used to have a school counselor that we could talk to. When I was going through my depression mine helped me out alot. Eventually I made her so concerned that she contacted my parents to see about getting me some professional help. Maybe your mother really does not realize the extent to which your are struggling. Maybe you can go my route & seek help from the school counselor which may or may not sound like a good idea due to the bullying. OR you need to really press the issue with your mother. I know she loves you and only wants the best for you, you need to let her know in a more aggressive way than the just remind her to make an appointment, sit and explain to her how you're feeling and whats going on.

If you want to ask me anything, or just talk about what's on your mind, you can message me. I know it's hard to face these things alone.

Reply to Thread